We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When are you ever going to level mounts and bridles?

This is ridiculous. A mob sneezed and we're dismounted. Mounts should get strengthened as we level and bridles should imbue

My feeling: never.
    The game in its current state can't support warsteeds. You can't even ride in Bree land without hitching and rubber banding. Wouldn't be surprised if steeds disappear in the nearish future.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    My feeling: never.
    The game in its current state can't support warsteeds. You can't even ride in Bree land without hitching and rubber banding. Wouldn't be surprised if steeds disappear in the nearish future.
    The game will never support massive war-steed combat, but it certainly can support pve solo at a basic level for traveling in areas. I've been doing it since steeds came out. They're faster than standard mounts, even with some rubber banding. The idea that SSG won't level the steeds so we can use them in new areas is illogical and lazy.

If they do something then probably it will be when Rohan hit the legendary servers.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

I think that SSG recognizes that warsteeds were a bad idea that the game isn't capable of handling well. So they got abandoned, like hobbies did.

The goal was cool, and I had some fun with them in Rohan, but after that I never had to use them again. The one exception was chasing down those fast-moving bandits in the daily rep quest in central Gondor. But even then I just drew them in while mounted and then dismounted to kill them.

In eastern Gondor I could easily take down mounted mobs while on foot.

Mine does still come in handy for faster travel, as groucho noted above.

I just assume they were meant for Rohan, where cavalry was a big thing. While in the books there is a cavalry action outside Minas Tirith, it's handled in session play when you first get there.
    Casual R Us - Garatha

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    I think that SSG recognizes that warsteeds were a bad idea that the game isn't capable of handling well. So they got abandoned, like hobbies did.

The goal was cool, and I had some fun with them in Rohan, but after that I never had to use them again. The one exception was chasing down those fast-moving bandits in the daily rep quest in central Gondor. But even then I just drew them in while mounted and then dismounted to kill them.

In eastern Gondor I could easily take down mounted mobs while on foot.

Mine does still come in handy for faster travel, as groucho noted above.
    Yes, they were terribly implemented and SSG never improved. However, they still are a fast way to travel and, in certain circumstances, it's easier to stay mounted and fight than to dismount. Just the simple change of improving the mounts so that they remain useful in the higher areas (both their trees and the LIs) wouldn't take creating new instances but would continue to make sense that the mounts level with us.