We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    . . . People think this system is losing them revenue, because they don't need anything from the long standing vendors, but I'll take a guess that when a new one arrives, some folk spend out within a week.
    This method may pay dividends with players new to Lotro, but as time goes on it loses an increasing % of older players who have nothing to buy. In the at least 2 yrs figments have been around (Update 23 on Oct 8 2018 if not before) we have had only 4 vendors. I wanted 0 from Myrtle which gave me a selection of items from only 3 vendors in 2 yrs, and not surprisingly this gave me opportunity to buy all I want from Filbert and the Curator so this customer and likely many more will have 0 to consume for a year or more. Bring on the new ones so I can spend out in a week!! as rotating the same ol' is only creates rarity for those new to the game.

Throw in my vote for having all of the vendors be available all the time or at least with a rapid shift. Restricting them so much is an annoyance to players and that is bad game design that should be and easily can be fixed.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Throw in my vote for having all of the vendors be available all the time or at least with a rapid shift. Restricting them so much is an annoyance to players and that is bad game design that should be and easily can be fixed.
    yeah, this. lol. I don't really understand why they hold back. I'm one of those players that actually loves keys/boxes (please don't throw hate at me) But...when I'm maxed at figments, and have a vault filled with stuff I won't even break down until another one comes out...it halts spending/revenue for them? /shakeshead
    Last edited by MerryCav; Sep 19 2020 at 07:58 AM.

How hard is it to understand this is an alert thread? You guys are constantly giving false alerts by posting your unrelated ####.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    How hard is it to understand this is an alert thread? You guys are constantly giving false alerts by posting your unrelated ####.
    Oh sorry, I didn't realise these were your private forums and you are the sole arbiter of what subject matter is related to the post topic.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Absolutely RIDICULOUS. The curator is back for a super short time.

Figment Barterer Status Last Arrival/Presence Date Check Departure Date Locations
    Curator Available 2020-10-26 10am EST/7am PST 2020-11-09 3am EST/12am PST Bree, The Twenty-first Hall, Galtrev, Skarhald, Hultvis, Estolad Lan
    Rowan Raspberry Not Available 2019-06-26 2020-02-05 Bree, The Twenty-first Hall, Galtrev, Skarhald, Hultvis, Estolad Lan
    Filbert Fig Available 2020-10-20 Unknown
    Myrtle Mint Not Available 2019-01-29 2020-10-20 Bree, The Twenty-first Hall, Galtrev, Skarhald, Estolad Lan
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Absolutely RIDICULOUS. The curator is back for a super short time.

I honestly am beginning to think the main goal of the Devs is to frustrate as many of their customers as possible as much as they can in the hopes of somehow driving them to the Store.

You know better than anyone how long we've all waited for this.

And now...two weeks till it's gone again?

Wow.

Yup. I'm tempted to write a self-help book.. it' be something like:
    • "So, you've dumped all your Figments on stuff you've been waiting for since last year & now you've got 2 weeks to get the stuff you've been asking for since March"
    • "Oh, that's right, the cap is still 10k"
    • "You'll have nothing to spend the Figments you make during Harvestmath & Yule"
    • "Yes, the Curator will be gone before you can earn enough Figments for the cheapest item via the Festival"

I've the main ideas but I honestly don't know how to help people cope
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of The Secret Fire - Anor
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

Aaaaaaannd...she's gone.

Figment Barterer Status Last Arrival/Presence Date Check Departure Date Locations
    Curator Not Available 2020-10-26 2020-11-09 Bree, The Twenty-first Hall, Galtrev, Skarhald, Hultvis, Estolad Lan
    Rowan Raspberry Not Available 2019-06-26 2020-02-05 Bree, The Twenty-first Hall, Galtrev, Skarhald, Hultvis, Estolad Lan
    Filbert Fig Available 2020-10-20 Unknown
    Myrtle Mint Not Available 2019-01-29 2020-10-20 Bree, The Twenty-first Hall, Galtrev, Skarhald, Estolad Lan
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Well I bought another "Seregost Spire - Windowed" for 3,500 figments from the Allegiance vendor, worth 600 on decon. The "Statue of Sauron" has the same return as an option to "bank" (yeah the return ain't great) when capped. Keep away from the "Bones of Smag" only 400 on decon and the other offerings - lower margins. Keeper of Mysteries Ally Halls.

If you have a housing carry-all they don't take up any space and 16 of them gets you 10k figments on tap when you really really need 'em.

I did buy a pet halter, can anyone confirm that cat pets stay motionless for hours then disappear for days at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    I did buy a pet halter, can anyone confirm that cat pets stay motionless for hours then disappear for days at a time?

I can't speak for the cats...but I do know with other pets the behavior varies depending on where it's placed. For example, outdoors in the yard, my placed peacock behaves very nicely. It strolls around, turning in different directions, etc. But if I place that same peacock in a Kin-hall's indoor garden, it stands facing into a corner forever. Very strange.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    I don't see the problem, this is realistic behavior for a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Dear Eru, is this what we've sunk to? The customers actually have to BEG in order to try to get the Devs to make a smart business decision that would also make the game more enjoyable?

I think it might be time for a new game.
    Sorry Nar, This is not the world Eru built.
    'Ú-damdir.' Welcome to the Fourth Age of this World - The game breaking days.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West." <- This was even messed up too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3