We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Minas Ithil after-battle/rebuild on plan or not?

Can we actually reclaim the great city, and begin to rebuild it like Hytbold?
    I do not want MM become where we will never reclaim as Durthang... Poor Annoth may be never see the fortress shining again.

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperOfLeaves View Post
    I do not want MM become where we will never reclaim as Durthang... Poor Annoth may be never see the fortress shining again.
    That would be neat.

It would be cool but I don't see it happen because it would be a lot of dev work (it's far bigger than Hytbold), and also, it's not stated in the books if Minas Morgul or Osgiliath were ever rebuilt. I think I read somewhere that Elessar said that Minas Morgul, when destroyed, couldn't be inhabited by several years. So I don't think it will happen.

I'd love to have a rebuilt Minas Tirith, with the lower circles without rubble as we see in after-battle. And if a city should be rebuilt, it should be Osgiliath imo. But as you see, that's not going to happen too I think.
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    It would be cool but I don't see it happen because it would be a lot of dev work (it's far bigger than Hytbold), and also, it's not stated in the books if Minas Morgul or Osgiliath were ever rebuilt. I think I read somewhere that Elessar said that Minas Morgul, when destroyed, couldn't be inhabited by several years. So I don't think it will happen.

I'd love to have a rebuilt Minas Tirith, with the lower circles without rubble as we see in after-battle. And if a city should be rebuilt, it should be Osgiliath imo. But as you see, that's not going to happen too I think.
    Osg is fine... for flower gears... and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperOfLeaves View Post
    Realistically it would take several in-game years to rebuild it.
    All the game content released so far take place in less than a year.
    So with that timescale in mind, it would take a few decades in the real world before Minas Ithil was rebuilt in the game.