We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,772

    Crafting Carry-alls are for sale in the LOTRO Point Store until Jan 1st

    Just a helpful notice for those who wanted to buy these carry-alls with LOTRO Points...


    Small Crafting Carry-all 1295 LP (10 Slots/item types, 2000 per stack)
    Medium Crafting Carry-all 1495 LP (25 Slots/item types, 2000 per stack)
    Large Crafting Carry-all 1995 LP (50 Slots/item types, 5000 per stack)
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Just a helpful notice for those who wanted to buy these carry-alls with LOTRO Points...


    Small Crafting Carry-all 1295 LP (10 Slots/item types, 2000 per stack)
    Medium Crafting Carry-all 1495 LP (25 Slots/item types, 2000 per stack)
    Large Crafting Carry-all 1995 LP (50 Slots/item types, 5000 per stack)
    Whaaaaaat? These are in the store? Cool!

  3. #3
    Lesson learned. I guess I won't waste my money on expansions and just wait until everything becomes available for LP in the store.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowBrickRoad View Post
    Lesson learned. I guess I won't waste my money on expansions and just wait until everything becomes available for LP in the store.


    "We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons." -Jim Rohn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowBrickRoad View Post
    Lesson learned. I guess I won't waste my money on expansions and just wait until everything becomes available for LP in the store.
    As many people pointed out at the time, if it's not called "exclusive", then there is a near 100% chance it will be in the store later.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowBrickRoad View Post
    Lesson learned. I guess I won't waste my money on expansions and just wait until everything becomes available for LP in the store.
    I don't regret paying real $$$ on the expansion. I've been playing on a regular basis and don't have to wait.

  7. #7
    It was a godsend for my yeoman - so many crops/ingredients for cooking the last two tiers. I might get one for my main (an explorer and the main gatherer).
    Casual R Us - Garatha

  8. #8
    Careful they are CHARACTER BOUND. Seriously regretting buying some.

    Edit: Looks like it might be a bug because the description says "pass them to any character on your account", but the two I bought are character bound.
    Last edited by coffeecat; Dec 20 2019 at 04:49 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Careful they are CHARACTER BOUND. Seriously regretting buying some.

    Edit: Looks like it might be a bug because the description says "pass them to any character on your account", but the two I bought are character bound.
    It's a bug. They said a couple of times they are bound to account so you can move them to another character.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    It's a bug. They said a couple of times they are bound to account so you can move them to another character.

    I hope they fix it soon. I bought Lotro points today just to get these, and they are pretty worthless bound to just one character. Pics in link.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!An2N-EZEf9jAqqpR...eoCKw?e=fYkNFF
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!An2N-EZEf9jAqqpQ...GakKQ?e=PYgJz5

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I hope they fix it soon. I bought Lotro points today just to get these, and they are pretty worthless bound to just one character. Pics in link.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!An2N-EZEf9jAqqpR...eoCKw?e=fYkNFF
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!An2N-EZEf9jAqqpQ...GakKQ?e=PYgJz5
    Bound to account indeed is a minimum requirement for me to even consider buying one. I find it a difficult decision: a few years ago this would've been absolutely great (especially before crafting mats could be stacked to 500), but it takes a great deal of the fun away that nowadays both Guild Crafting and T13 crafting are just not worth the effort (crafting output is mosty just not good enough and/or needs way too many hard-to-obtain shards/special mats). With just a little bit of attention towards both the crafting outputs and the related ridiculous shard need, crafting could be great again...

    What's also bothering me is that on one hand it seems likely that crafting output and/or shard need is specifically kept this way to make it not 'too good', which could hurt ember / lootbox / other sales, but on the other hand they try to maximize earnings by making crafting more convenient. This is a bit of a paradox to me.
    Last edited by Bragolos; Dec 20 2019 at 07:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somerville, MA, USA
    Posts
    928
    Dude. One buys the expansion for the expansion. One buys the mid and high tier versions for the goodies. At that price, the crafting carry-all is a huge chunk of the price difference between base and mid-tier.

    I am kicking myself for not realizing the Black Friday LP bundle sale was for task carry-alls rather than crafting. Argh.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Mithril League: Ardith (Woman Captain)
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    483
    "Crafting Carry-alls are for sale in the LOTRO Point Store until Jan 1st"

    I don't see it says 'until Jan 1st' in the store.

    To me seems that those items are there indefinitely.
    From f2p to p2p: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bragolos View Post
    Bound to account indeed is a minimum requirement for me to even consider buying one. I find it a difficult decision: a few years ago this would've been absolutely great (especially before crafting mats could be stacked to 500), but it takes a great deal of the fun away that nowadays both Guild Crafting and T13 crafting are just not worth the effort (crafting output is mosty just not good enough and/or needs way too many hard-to-obtain shards/special mats). With just a little bit of attention towards both the crafting outputs and the related ridiculous shard need, crafting could be great again...

    What's also bothering me is that on one hand it seems likely that crafting output and/or shard need is specifically kept this way to make it not 'too good', which could hurt ember / lootbox / other sales, but on the other hand they try to maximize earnings by making crafting more convenient. This is a bit of a paradox to me.
    I was thinking about buying the big one for which I would need to buy points but they need t be bound to account. As long as they are not they seem useless to me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Happybudgy View Post
    "Crafting Carry-alls are for sale in the LOTRO Point Store until Jan 1st"

    I don't see it says 'until Jan 1st' in the store.

    To me seems that those items are there indefinitely.
    Message on the launcher.

    For a limited time, double bonus points ad crafting carry-alls. Now through Jan 1st.

    They are also listed under Limited Time, in the store.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,975
    Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I was thinking about buying the big one for which I would need to buy points but they need t be bound to account. As long as they are not they seem useless to me.
    they are bound to account, and it states it on the product description. That people are reporting them as bound to character - must be bug, which I'm sure they will fix, given they've been sold as - account bound.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Careful they are CHARACTER BOUND. Seriously regretting buying some.

    Edit: Looks like it might be a bug because the description says "pass them to any character on your account", but the two I bought are character bound.
    I bought a couple medium ones and it's account bound. I have shared between multiple toons. So not sure what issue you're having.
    Aldosi - Ithil; Aldowine - Arkenstone; Aldogost - Landroval

  18. #18
    This will be great to store all the metal and craft stuff for the last 2 or 3 levels so they can be shared among the prospectors, jeweller, metalsmith, weaponsmith, et al. I just bought a big one and it was indeed shared to account and sits in the shared bank at the moment.

  19. #19
    Can I add and withdraw items while it is in shared storage?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Happybudgy View Post
    "Crafting Carry-alls are for sale in the LOTRO Point Store until Jan 1st"

    I don't see it says 'until Jan 1st' in the store.

    To me seems that those items are there indefinitely.

    As already stated by others, they are limited time until Jan 1. But if you wanted a blue name confirm then here is that confirmation. These will no longer be in the store after Jan 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bragolos View Post
    Bound to account indeed is a minimum requirement for me to even consider buying one. I find it a difficult decision: a few years ago this would've been absolutely great (especially before crafting mats could be stacked to 500), but it takes a great deal of the fun away that nowadays both Guild Crafting and T13 crafting are just not worth the effort (crafting output is mosty just not good enough and/or needs way too many hard-to-obtain shards/special mats). With just a little bit of attention towards both the crafting outputs and the related ridiculous shard need, crafting could be great again...

    What's also bothering me is that on one hand it seems likely that crafting output and/or shard need is specifically kept this way to make it not 'too good', which could hurt ember / lootbox / other sales, but on the other hand they try to maximize earnings by making crafting more convenient. This is a bit of a paradox to me.

    So the carry-all itself IS bound to account.

    However- if you put something that is character bound in the carry-all the carry-all becomes character bound as well until said item is removed. Hope that makes sense.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Small Crafting Carry-all 1295 LP (10 Slots/item types, 2000 per stack)
    Medium Crafting Carry-all 1495 LP (25 Slots/item types, 2000 per stack)
    Large Crafting Carry-all 1995 LP (50 Slots/item types, 5000 per stack)
    The slot vs. price ratio for the small bag might require revisiting. 20% slots at 65% of the price seems too much.

    The overall price seems high, given that we have >400 ingredients and other carry-alls too (taskboard items, essences).

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Dude. One buys the expansion for the expansion. One buys the mid and high tier versions for the goodies. At that price, the crafting carry-all is a huge chunk of the price difference between base and mid-tier.

    I am kicking myself for not realizing the Black Friday LP bundle sale was for task carry-alls rather than crafting. Argh.
    OMG! That was for tasks??? I didn't get it because I falied to realize it was for task items. Total failure on reading comprehension on my part.

  23. #23
    I bought LPs just to get enough of the large Carry-alls for all of my crafting alts. I think I ended up with 10 large ones. I am amazed at how much room I now have in all of their bags and vaults.

    Thank you, SSG for making my Yuletide Holiday so much tidier! Now, while I have your attention, may I please have a small shed for all of my housing decorations? Or a nice roomy closet for all of my costumes? After so many years of being in Middle-Earth, I have a lot of cool stuff that I just can't let go of.

    And while you're here, would it be possible to change the Festive Candle (small furniture) to a candle that lights? That would totally rock.

    Love, and Cheers, and Thank You!, and Merry Yuletide,
    Shatter

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    OMG! That was for tasks??? I didn't get it because I falied to realize it was for task items. Total failure on reading comprehension on my part.
    I was so going to buy points because of this bag but the sale ended before I had the money. Sad that they didn't add it as Christmas present to this weeks point sales. Since I really don't need points I guess I can wait to spend my money.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    "We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons." -Jim Rohn
    What a lovely quote! I've never seen this one before, thank you for that.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload