We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Last Boss Deep-Barrow of Gorthad Nur: Incoming Ranged Dmg set to 10%

Title. Took 27min to down last boss with it taking only 10% of ranged damage. This was on t3 difficulty, though others on Landroval have reported this issue on t2 as well. The offending buff is part of the Bone Armor Helm buff which grants the boss some armor rating, then falls off at around 10% of boss morale remaining.
    Not sure if it happens every time but I'm not keen to run it repeatedly to find out. Needs fixing if people are to run it with any regularity.

Sthrax is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Wandering, but not lost
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphenAvari View Post
    Title. Took 27min to down last boss with it taking only 10% of ranged damage. This was on t3 difficulty, though others on Landroval have reported this issue on t2 as well. The offending buff is part of the Bone Armor Helm buff which grants the boss some armor rating, then falls off at around 10% of boss morale remaining.
    Not sure if it happens every time but I'm not keen to run it repeatedly to find out. Needs fixing if people are to run it with any regularity.
    Or, you could just take melee dps. Given how many instances actively hose melee characters, I'm all for one that hoses range dps.

The instance is already favouring AOE in general and melee in particular (given the bone piles -50% ranged and tactical)

To make Hunters alone that worthless in an instance where every other dps would already be prefered is kinda overkill

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    The instance is already favouring AOE in general and melee in particular (given the bone piles -50% ranged and tactical)

To make Hunters alone that worthless in an instance where every other dps would already be prefered is kinda overkill
    Welcome to Champs since Abyss of Mordath.

Had this issue as well, although the buff dropped off at about 20%. I'm not familiar enough with the instance to know if it is a moral based buff, a time based buff, tanking the boss in a set location, or killing adds nearby to accurately figure out if it was a bug or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    Had this issue as well, although the buff dropped off at about 20%. I'm not familiar enough with the instance to know if it is a moral based buff, a time based buff, tanking the boss in a set location, or killing adds nearby to accurately figure out if it was a bug or not.
    I need to run it again with my Hunter, but I think that the 10% ranged attack thing doesn't last for ever. I remember that at some point the beast died faster than I thought possible with such protection.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Only solution is yellow line, dots are not considered as 'range damage'.

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    I need to run it again with my Hunter, but I think that the 10% ranged attack thing doesn't last for ever. I remember that at some point the beast died faster than I thought possible with such protection.
    It goes away at somewhere between 20-10% hp remaining on the boss.

The thought process behind how this fight currently works baffles me. I don't think it's anywhere close to what they originally intended.

On BR that effect was +10% incoming ranged damage and would drop off at around 70%, which also would break the instance so not alot of testing could be done.
    Now it reduces incoming ranged damage by 90%, and isnt falling off until 10-20% which makes me think its bugged.

Things I've tried to remove the effect:
    -Tanking boss on top of where the bone piles were (killed them before starting the fight)
    -facing the boss towards the dps thinking that they specifically have to NOT have some form of "positional" advantage
    -killing adds beneath the boss

None of these fixed the issue. If this is working as intended then at the very least dial back to buff to -25-50% for ranged to put them in line with the bone piles. Forcing a hunter to dps effectively 40million moral in a t2 3man while RK's and melee only need to dps 4million is drastically unbalanced

I've mainly solo'd this dungeon, but mainly play Hunter, and that buff is really annoying. I've noticed the buff falls off twice in the fight--about the time when the boss's bone armor comes off its face, after which the buff pops right back on until ~10-20% HP left. Perhaps it isn't supposed to reapply the buff after the armor falls off? That would actually make sense, given they went through the trouble of making the boss visibly lose its armor.

Unless something changes though, it's an instance I'll never do in a group larger than two, because ain't no one have time to shoot a boss for a half-hour.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    Welcome to Champs since Abyss of Mordath.
    +1

Btw this is problem for range especialy hunters even for dailies solo.The boss probably is bugged
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    PRIME--Evernight
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.