We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Improve Yule Festival atmosphere by banning mounts inside Frostbluff

Well, title says it all. It's a really small area, players could easily complete the quests inside the town in little time on foot.

I really enjoy the atmosphere there, and being frequently overrun by mounted players somehow spoils it.

Hm, that's it

Lightbulb

Ehhh, please do NOT ban mounts in Frostbluff !!!

Never thought this would be an issue? I personally like having mounts there and everywhere since it makes travel time quicker. I guess I will be more conscientious now of not running anyone over.
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Draceomer View Post
    Well, title says it all. It's a really small area, players could easily complete the quests inside the town in little time on foot.

I really enjoy the atmosphere there, and being frequently overrun by mounted players somehow spoils it.

Hm, that's it
    completelly disagree!!!!!!!!!!
    get lvl 20 before fest and get your fest mount you dont even have to pay a copper !!!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

/not signed this has never been an issue and i don't see why it is now, what the OP says is no different than the rest of the entire game world with riding mounts.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

on the other hand there are many things need to change!!!
    are we customers or servants?????
    fetch wood, clean the mess, cook, see the loosers theatre......
    change the boring quests! bring something new next year!!!!!!!
    edit: and the mounts........ why no more nice designs????
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Mounts can be a bit of a pain when the riders cluster around the quest NPCs and the barter NPCs making it hard to click on them. But its not a major problem and a ban on mounts would be difficult/impossible to enforce anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    a ban on mounts would be difficult/impossible to enforce anyway.
    No not really its simple and easy to do you just block certain skills in an area so players can't use mounts, just like moria can't ride a horse or can't ride inside many buildings. but not a good idea to add this to frostbluff.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Dec 14 2019 at 03:11 PM.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

At least make those ****** elks's block area a lot smaller, they can be a real nuisance.

I think the biggest improvement they could make in Frostbluff is to speed up the re-spawn rate of the beggars when they run away. Mounts are not really a festival breaking issue, only a personal preference.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

While I don't think it's quite bad enough to warrant a mount ban, I can see the OP's point. I'm not sure which is more annoying, mounts blocking quest NPCs or pets (cosmetic or otherwise) parked on top of them. A little common courtesy couldn't hurt.

Agreed on the beggar respawns.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 118 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 130 | Bindore dwarf hunter 112

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 130 | Bufflekil stout-axe hunter 123 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 109

Quote Originally Posted by Theozor View Post
    While I don't think it's quite bad enough to warrant a mount ban, I can see the OP's point. I'm not sure which is more annoying, mounts blocking quest NPCs or pets (cosmetic or otherwise) parked on top of them. A little common courtesy couldn't hurt.

Agreed on the beggar respawns.
    F10 is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tuor66 View Post
    I think the biggest improvement they could make in Frostbluff is to speed up the re-spawn rate of the beggars when they run away. Mounts are not really a festival breaking issue, only a personal preference.
    That's a really good point here, if i decide to play on foot inside the town, mounted players a quite likely to snatch them away.

I guess to many players the festivals are just a welcome opportunity to farms li stuff as fast as possible.

How to justify forbidden mounts inside an area when player paid it in store ?

A catch here is that some of the quests related to those 5 named NPCs are gated. One of them doesn't make them move. So yeah, speeding them up when they move and/or their respawn would be nice. That said, mounts/pets are not that much of an issue. Rarely I see more than three or 4 people waiting and even then, it is the one nearest the main entrance. Nowell, I think. The other one that can have folk queued up is Bill Hyde, at the other entrance. Both of them walk away and walk quite a ways when they do.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Draceomer View Post

Hm, that's it
    The same way that some players should have the tolerance & patience to hold other players do the emotes span that some call RP, then other players should have the tolerance & patience to let some players use & enjoy their steeds & pets. Nobody is getting hurt neither getting unfair advantage by either way, a ban is not justified. Live & let live!

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    How to justify forbidden mounts inside an area when player paid it in store ?
    The same way they justify you not being able to ride a store bought horse in Moria, or any mount in the Avorrim Cave in West Gondor. Have you ever tried riding right up close to the entrance to Stoneheight on your store bought horse? You get kicked off rather abruptly. Not everything store bought needs to take precedence - just because it was bought. They will all work fine in other places. Lot's of store buffs - only work in Monster play for example, but just because someone paid for them, shouldn't (and doesn't) entitle anyone to use them outside of monster play.

To the OP, ban horse use in Frostbluff? Nope, a great big no to that from me.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Frostbluff atmosphere have nothing with mounts. If you remove them, nothing changes, but many players will be unhappy.

So much agreement. Lines of people always waiting... look away for a minute and someone has run in and snatched the beggar away in spite of people waiting... lots of bad blood over this.

I'm also a "no" on mounts being banned, but it would be nice if mounted players didn't crowd NPCs.

I don't see why it's a problem to have mounts..... I've never had a bad experience using mounts or not using mounts in frostbluff.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I would rather there were an option to stop others' mounts from showing. Then any mounted player would just appear running real fast.

I already have cosmetic pets permanently disabled. Same option for mounts would be great.

Mounts can be a bit of a pain when the riders cluster around the quest NPCs and the barter NPCs making it hard to click on them. But its not a major problem and a ban on mounts would be difficult/impossible to enforce anyway.
    This is the only reason I sometimes get annoyed with mounts in the game.

Lightbulb

If anything disable LM's pets in festival areas. Those ugly bog things blocking erything and bird flapping up and down in my face, he he he !!!

Naaa, just pointing pout of silly it would be. If we start banning mounts then lets start banning those silly cowboy hats, ban 1700's pirate outfits (this is not disney or the caribbean), ban Sith Lords wannabes...ehhh...I mean RK's and all kinds of stuff I don't like to see. Oh ban Hobbits too please.

You see how silly all that sounds right ???

THIS. It drives me nuts when I have to fight just to get or complete a quest because some mutton-head parks their mounted self right on top of one of the quest-givers. Especially for extended periods of time. And not only during Yule. I mean, how hard is it to do your business and move a little way away so other people aren't inconvenienced?

Agreed that it is very annoying.

It is a game mechanic issue, methinks. If you use an item or npc through richt-click or [u]se key, that is where you often end up. If the game would use a more reasonable "use distance" (and be consistent about it) this would make all these task giver scrums disappear.
    Still, wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on how obnoxious your are when you are hot-rodding it through Frostbluff. Personally, as both a victim as an offender (personal record is 14 minutes), I tend to.
    Last edited by OghranNasty; Jan 06 2020 at 05:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast