We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 177
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by squirle View Post
    Special Winter Gifts will be added to Hobbit Gifts for a limited time starting on December 12th. You can receive festive housing decorations and cosmetic pets

    What does this mean? Will these only be available for hobbit gifts? Are they copies of elsewhere available pets? Will these also be available for figments?
    I opened 93 silver Hobbit G. and I found
    - 5 small decorated tree
    - 2 birdhouse
    - 1 pet (a pony)
    - 5 wreaths
    - 1 chandelier

    I opened 22 Gold Hobbit G and I found
    - 3 carpets
    - 5 wallpapers
    - 2 big tree (5 possible: green/silver/gold with candles, silver/gold decorated)
    - 3 elks (Mount)
    - 2 pets (a pig with a cart)
    - NOTHING 7 times

    I did not find any vendor for these items ingame.
    (i'll do a few more roll later).


    You can continue your discussion now. thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by Sydir; Dec 22 2019 at 02:55 PM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Sydir View Post
    I opened 9 silver Hobbit G. and I found nothing, even with a purple roll. Maybe a Legendary?
    I opened 2 Gold Hobbit G and I found 2 housing items (carpet and wallpaper) with the lowest gift tier.
    I did not find any vendor for these items ingame.
    (i'll do a few more roll later).

    You can continue your discussion now. thank you for your patience.
    Thank You for the info !!!

    So gambling (game of chance) seems to be the only way to aquire them then ??? Even gambling (game of chance) for money on gold hobbit "presents/gifts" as far as the Elk Mount goes right ???

    Not even in the store directly for LP without going via gambling hobbit "gifts/presents" ???

    Any other new mount for Yule Festival Tokens ??? If not, then this is pretty much the death of Yule Fest for my son and I this year. No point to run it for us really.

  3. #53
    Sthrax's Avatar
    Sthrax is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Wandering, but not lost
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Thank You for the info !!!

    So gambling (game of chance) seems to be the only way to aquire them then ??? Even gambling (game of chance) for money on gold hobbit "presents/gifts" as far as the Elk Mount goes right ???

    Not even in the store directly for LP without going via gambling hobbit "gifts/presents" ???

    Any other new mount for Yule Festival Tokens ??? If not, then this is pretty much the death of Yule Fest for my son and I this year. No point to run it for us really.
    For Yule tokens, you can get a White Wolf Dog and the Icy Flower Mount.

  4. #54
    Been lucky so far, I guess. On four servers got the following:

    Silver present-1 yule chandelier, one wreath selection box (choice of silver, gold, green wreaths)
    Gold present-2 rugs, 1 wallpaper, 1 elk. (Sorry I can't show the screenie of the elk, don't surrently have a photo sharing service.)

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Sthrax View Post
    For Yule tokens, you can get a White Wolf Dog and the Icy Flower Mount.
    Cool, at least someting then even if Icy "Flower" Mount does not sound like anything in my taste. Maybe when I see it I will like it, maybe my son too, so I'm open to that. Still good that something was added that is not hidden behind gambling for money. Pets none of us have any interest in (us refers to my son and I). I'm happy for those that do however.

    It still seems like the only way to obtain the new Elk mount is via gambling via Gold Hobbit "gifts/presents" though, if I read You correctly ??? That is bad in my opinion, as I feared, as others feared too when reading the patch notes.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Thank You for the info !!!

    So gambling (game of chance) seems to be the only way to aquire them then ??? Even gambling (game of chance) for money on gold hobbit "presents/gifts" as far as the Elk Mount goes right ???

    Not even in the store directly for LP without going via gambling hobbit "gifts/presents" ???

    Any other new mount for Yule Festival Tokens ??? If not, then this is pretty much the death of Yule Fest for my son and I this year. No point to run it for us really.
    figments: nothing new in Bree
    tokens: there is a new steed, a complete set for the mount combat steed, a pet (a white wolf), a cosmetic set (head + body + legs + cloaks).




    edit. found the pet (a pig with a festive cart) and the elk.
    Last edited by Sydir; Dec 12 2019 at 05:33 PM.

  7. #57
    I opened one gold box and directly got the elk, have a screenie of it.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sydir View Post
    figments: nothing new in Bree
    tokens: there is a new steed, a complete set for the mount combat steed, a pet (a white wolf), a cosmetic set (head + body + legs + cloaks).
    Thank You for the info !!! Appreciated.

    The cosmetic set might be of interest for us too, if it's some kind of armour looking outfit and not just some robe or dress. We will see once we log in next time I guess. Getting a bit late here now for today.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    I opened one gold box and directly got the elk, have a screenie of it.
    Auto consumed upon aquiring it ??? If not, is it bound to character or account ???

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    . . . and if it does turn out true, it was slander.
    Getting into semantics now... but what I said remains true (therefore not slander): that someone asked a question and got a flood of negative predictions before anyone knew for sure. Even if the predictions turn out to be true, that's what happened here.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I never said anything about pay-to-win. Not sure if ayone else said that either ??? ... I don't consider getting a pet or mount from rolling on a hobbit gift for money to be "pay-to-win". So You are wrong in our case...causing alot of frustration and dissepointement that could have been avoided, but still not slander.

    Also slander is something made orally, while defamation can be in the written form, as well as in a speech. So slander is also technically wrong here. I guess You meant defamation, but that is of little importance...
    I think a lot of wires got crossed here- some my own. I read a lot of people complaining in this thread about how they feared there was no chance of getting the pets they wanted without paying extra money and/or subscribing. My calling it "pay to win naysayers" might have been the result of reading literal "this is pay-to-win" comments in 6 or 7 other threads over the past day or two. It might not be the exact words people used in this thread, but people were indeed complaining about how often they feel the only way to get something they want in the game is to pay money for it.

    As for what constitutes slander, I'm not the one who brought up slander in the first place; I just replied to it. So... maybe we both responded to the wrong people in this case.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    I think a lot of wires got crossed here- some my own. I read a lot of people complaining in this thread about how they feared there was no chance of getting the pets they wanted without paying extra money and/or subscribing. My calling it "pay to win naysayers" might have been the result of reading literal "this is pay-to-win" comments in 6 or 7 other threads over the past day or two. It might not be the exact words people used in this thread, but people were indeed complaining about how often they feel the only way to get something they want in the game is to pay money for it.

    As for what constitutes slander, I'm not the one who brought up slander in the first place; I just replied to it. So... maybe we both responded to the wrong people in this case.
    I see. Thank You for Your reply !!!

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Auto consumed upon aquiring it ??? If not, is it bound to character or account ???
    Account bound

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    Account bound
    Again, Thank You for the info !!!

  15. #65
    Yep, it's about as bad as people were expecting.

    http://lotroplayers.com/2019/12/12/g...-slot-machine/

    Limited testing, but so far

    Items only available in the slot machine
    No figment option found (so far)
    Unavailable for Yule tokens
    No store option

    Duplicates are possible
    3/5 rolls were wallpapers
    1 person got 2 Yule pigs

    Items are all bound to account (especially bad with pets)

    Unlimited resets for that extra gambler click click click

    Rounds with no “extra’ gifts

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by squirle View Post
    Special Winter Gifts will be added to Hobbit Gifts for a limited time starting on December 12th. You can receive festive housing decorations and cosmetic pets

    What does this mean? Will these only be available for hobbit gifts? Are they copies of elsewhere available pets? Will these also be available for figments?
    Some winter-themed items have been added to both the Silver and Gold Hobbit Gifts for the duration of the Yuletide Festival, which runs through January 7th. During this time, players rolling on these tables, whether it be the free rolls or additional rolls, will have a chance to get one of these gifts. Some gifts are on the Silver table only, while others are on the Gold table only.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    That's the thing about mount collectors. They collect, and the objective is to complete - a collection. Throw in something that can't be collected reliably, which means it can be missed, and the urge to keep collecting, dies a very quick death. When some folk miss something because of it's limits - they often give up on the rest of the collection, whether it's available or not.

    This will backfire.
    Exactly my thoughts.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Auto consumed upon aquiring it ??? If not, is it bound to character or account ???
    I got the elk in a gift box (box account-bound). The mount came in form of an account-bound item that had to be used. The use had to be confirmed.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm
    From: Crichton, Michael. Jurassic Park

  19. #69
    I still don't understand how people can get so worked up over the stupid Hobbit presents. No one forces anyone to use Mithril to roll additional times; if you do, it's purely your choice. You don't even have to spend real money to do it since you can buy Mithril Coins from Lotro Points earned by doing deeds.

    Why is it that no one holds the individual responsible for their own actions anymore? Everyone has to mamsy pamsy around and restrict other people's fun just because a few people can't control their own weaknesses. If you really get that wound up about a Hobbit gift present and just HAVE to keep rolling the dice, you have bigger problems than Lotro created. You have a full blown gambling addiction and that's NOT SSG's fault. Most Lotro players roll their once a day/week presents and go on with their game. Why do we have to restrict ourselves because of other people's inability to control themselves? Getting really tired of this whole idea. Tired of babies who have to be "protected" from anything bad happening to them, even if it comes from their own poor life choices. Now flame me, I don't care.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    917

    Pet

    Elk

    Both from gold presents

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The irony in this is that, cosmetics and fluff, like mounts, housing items an pets, is exactly where I would not mind LOTRO making it's money. Though, direct in the store - not through buying chances.
    This is very true. I was sad and disappointed when I saw that hobbit slots were the only way to get the pets and the elk. Way back when they had a new horse every month, I bought the biggest point package every year to buy them even though I could only get it on one character at the time... then the new horse of the month disappeared. I'm sitting on an abundance in store points from that and the points I just bought to get more "space" by getting the task bags, and get more every month from my lifetime sub. I would have cheerfully spent down the points to buy the pets and the mount in the store, which would have them gotten me to buy more to keep a decent cushion in case interesting things came into the store, like more storage space, wardrobe space, bag space (I'm bursting at the seems here).

    To buy mithril coins to gamble with my main's horrid luck though? Nope. I've been a loyal customer since around the Moria release - paid for many point packages because I feel firmly that if no one pays, no one plays, and I have some money I can throw at the game which I know not every player does. But I only play one character, and she doesn't really need anything from the store. Cosmetic fluff is really the only stuff I want. Well, that and more storage space.

    What's really amusing to me is this is the type of thing that actually made me quit That Other Game and come here. Limited time pets and mounts that couldn't be acquired by any other means "broke" my addiction when I realized I'd never get them. I really do think this will drive a wedge into the player base and may cause players to quit, since that's exactly the effect it had on me previously.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    I got the elk in a gift box (box account-bound). The mount came in form of an account-bound item that had to be used. The use had to be confirmed.
    Same here. I was able to pass the elk to a more appropriate character to use.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    I still don't understand how people can get so worked up over the stupid Hobbit presents. No one forces anyone to use Mithril to roll additional times; if you do, it's purely your choice. You don't even have to spend real money to do it since you can buy Mithril Coins from Lotro Points earned by doing deeds.

    Why is it that no one holds the individual responsible for their own actions anymore? Everyone has to mamsy pamsy around and restrict other people's fun just because a few people can't control their own weaknesses. If you really get that wound up about a Hobbit gift present and just HAVE to keep rolling the dice, you have bigger problems than Lotro created. You have a full blown gambling addiction and that's NOT SSG's fault. Most Lotro players roll their once a day/week presents and go on with their game. Why do we have to restrict ourselves because of other people's inability to control themselves? Getting really tired of this whole idea. Tired of babies who have to be "protected" from anything bad happening to them, even if it comes from their own poor life choices. Now flame me, I don't care.
    I agree with you're post 100%, especially the part I put in bold.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Forod orchall
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    I still don't understand how people can get so worked up over the stupid Hobbit presents. No one forces anyone to use Mithril to roll additional times; if you do, it's purely your choice. You don't even have to spend real money to do it since you can buy Mithril Coins from Lotro Points earned by doing deeds.

    Why is it that no one holds the individual responsible for their own actions anymore? Everyone has to mamsy pamsy around and restrict other people's fun just because a few people can't control their own weaknesses. If you really get that wound up about a Hobbit gift present and just HAVE to keep rolling the dice, you have bigger problems than Lotro created. You have a full blown gambling addiction and that's NOT SSG's fault. Most Lotro players roll their once a day/week presents and go on with their game. Why do we have to restrict ourselves because of other people's inability to control themselves? Getting really tired of this whole idea. Tired of babies who have to be "protected" from anything bad happening to them, even if it comes from their own poor life choices. Now flame me, I don't care.
    Red herring.

    Anyone reading this thread carefully notices the real discontent is due to SSG outsourcing fresh new Yule decorations/pets to a slot machine, instead of making these reliably available for stable exchange at Yule festival traders. "In the Spirit of Yule" and all that.

    Interestingly, posts such as above are what enable SSG to keep increasing their blatant monetization. Can always count on defensive thread derailing attempts, no matter what they do
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

    -
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Red herring.

    Anyone reading this thread carefully notices the real discontent is due to SSG outsourcing fresh new Yule decorations/pets to a slot machine, instead of making these reliably available for stable exchange at Yule festival traders. "In the Spirit of Yule" and all that.

    Interestingly, posts such as above are what enable SSG to keep increasing their blatant monetization. Can always count on defensive thread derailing attempts, no matter what they do
    The anticipation of some simple in game festival fun has gone to dust in my mouth.

    That's it.

    There is no fun to be had from game play when the new and blatantly better designed housing items come from the slot machine.

    Once again pixels that you don't have to play the game for, but pull your wallet.

    Happy Holidays everyone!

    Edit: I have opened 13 silver 'gifts' - no luck in obtaining anything that is not standard.
    And as the best gifts (in apparent bountiful amounts) come from the gold 'gifts', those silver 'gifts' were the last I will open.
    I have quite a few mithril coins on several accounts, but will not use them for this **** (fill in as you please).

    I am glad to subscribe to another game where Yule is indeed festive and all is included in that one monthly fee.
    From f2p to p2p: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

 

 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload