We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    The reason is about free player abusing with LP farm in past. Now all player pay the cost and they are all punished. Sometime i hope lotro go back to only sub system.
    Hmmmmm... So it's the customers' fault again?

I think I'm noticing a pattern.
    Plenty of other patters to notice too if You keep eyes open and compare.

Galadrim tur- see in fuin.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    After day after day after day of same MT dailies, that MC options starts looking mighty attractive.
    It actually has the opposite of the "desired" affect on me. I think, nahh, not doing that anymore, and then I think, nahhh, not buying that horse this week, and then I think, nahhh, not buying a top bundle, I'll buy a base and drop the sub to cover it. Now I'm thinking, I wish I'd waited til March, after experiencing the crafting update.

They lose way more money than they could ever make out of me over this grind. The low LP count for higher zones, as a consequence, do not bother me. I have no interest in spending them - on anything.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    I've never considered LP farming by free players to be abuse, honestly. LP farming is a lot of work, and folks who can comfortably pay for quest packs and expansions will do so. LP farming gives folks an alternative if the real money cost is prohibitive.
    People don't really LP farm anymore either. They farm whatever makes the most in-game gold, and then they advertise in /world they want to buy a VIP code for 5,000 gold or a LP code for 1 gold per 1 LP, whatever LP code they want.... And there are people that have a fat credit card and want to have gold that go out and buy a VIP code or LP code, and then sell it in the game for a buckload of gold.

There is a guy on Arkenstone selling crafted level 130 stuff for 1000 gold per piece, and apparently people are paying it because the same guy is also advertising to buy a ONE YEAR VIP CODE for in-game gold.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    ...After day after day after day of same MT dailies, that MC options starts looking mighty attractive...
    It actually has the opposite of the "desired" affect on me. I think, nahh, not doing that anymore, and then I think, nahhh, not buying that horse this week, and then I think, nahhh, not buying a top bundle, I'll buy a base and drop the sub to cover it. Now I'm thinking, I wish I'd waited til March, after experiencing the crafting update.

They lose way more money than they could ever make out of me over this grind. The low LP count for higher zones, as a consequence, do not bother me. I have no interest in spending them - on anything.
    Same here. The more someone tries to push and force me, the more I turn the other way around. If a business/store treats me as if I'm gullible, stupid, have pink glasses on etc, or in any other insulting way. Instead of being a happy customer paying for things I want, I will just be an unhappy customer, not even wanting to even go into the store and simply walk past it. I will get my things in other ways then. Spend my time and money elsewhere.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Yesterday at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Same here. The more someone tries to push and force me, the more I turn the other way around. If a business/store treats me as if I'm gullible, stupid, have pink glasses on etc, or in any other insulting way. Instead of being a happy customer paying for things I want, I will just be an unhappy customer, not even wanting to even go into the store and simply walk past it. I will get my things in other ways then. Spend my money elsewhere. Why would I pay anyone that treats me like that and makes me unhappy ??? It makes no sense to do that.
    You pay when it make sense.
    Like the task items carry-all. Was a really clever idea to bind the carry-alls on buying shop points. I bought 5 lowest LP packs and I am a Lifetimer ^^
    I think the crafting carry-alls will go the same way.
    And I also think for LP we will never see the carry-all items in the shop

So when you get less LP in new regions there is the question for the "Why?" and the answer can be found ingame. Mordor besieged and Minas Morgul do not have the capacities for the normal reputation way with full 90k rep points. Than you'll have an another Minas Tirith 2.0 grind for the reputation.
    So this is the best way: reducing rep points and this means less LP.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hecki View Post
    You pay when it make sense.
    Like the task items carry-all. Was a really clever idea to bind the carry-alls on buying shop points. I bought 5 lowest LP packs and I am a Lifetimer ^^
    I think the crafting carry-alls will go the same way.
    And I also think for LP we will never see the carry-all items in the shop

So when you get less LP in new regions there is the question for the "Why?" and the answer can be found ingame. Mordor besieged and Minas Morgul do not have the capacities for the normal reputation way with full 90k rep points. Than you'll have an another Minas Tirith 2.0 grind for the reputation.
    So this is the best way: reducing rep points and this means less LP.
    My reply was specifically in reference to the reply made by Arnenna to that sentences scorrp10's post. That these types of methods will not make me consider paying to bypass the artificial barriers or obstacles they add and keep adding more of with each expansion and almost every update. I see through it. You really don't need to be rocket scientist to see through any of it. It's way too obvious. Design by intent.

What I'm trying to say in general I guess is, with this new expansions, the whole locking crafting ingredients behind grouped instances (as they won't even drop in solo versions it seems). Making sigils useless with an acct cap on top. Not adding any Sigils for Embers weekly. Adding yet another grind on top with Relics locked behind dailies and having to play whole areas to end to even unlock those dailies. Virtue revamp/grind with now a new booster solution being predictably added to the store etc. Lowering LP rewards is just a small part of it for me. I have never been one to grind for LP, as I play to have fun, but it's more a clear sign of the new direction of LoTRO that I have seen develop since Mordor. It adds to it and it has all combined simply made me not want to play. Turned me into an unhappy customer.

As a happy customer I spend more (time and money). As an unhappy customer I spend less (time and money). I simply go to some other place/hobby that makes me happy and spend my time and money there instead. To me it's very simple and logical really. No idea how some companies in general, many gaming companies in particular, these days don't seem to get that. Companies and corporations many times act as if they have a monopoly and people have no choice but to stay an spend at their place/company, so they think they can push, push and push and change things as they please. That the customers will just stay no matter what.

That will not work on me forever. I might be very patient. I've stayed for years seeing the changes get worse and worse from a customer standpoint. Eventually they will push even me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It actually has the opposite of the "desired" affect on me. I think, nahh, not doing that anymore, and then I think, nahhh, not buying that horse this week, and then I think, nahhh, not buying a top bundle, I'll buy a base and drop the sub to cover it.
    You still bought. It's what they want. A major reason for the sale of different tier bundles is for the artifical contrast to create the perception that the lower tiers are inexpensive, good value. You appear to have fallen for it.

As a happy customer I spend more (time and money). As an unhappy customer I spend less (time and money).
    Unless "less" is some new fangled code for "zero" there's an obvious problem with your strategy here.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemond71 View Post
    As a happy customer I spend more (time and money). As an unhappy customer I spend less (time and money).
    ...Unless "less" is some new fangled code for "zero" there's an obvious problem with your strategy here...
    No there isn't. Everything isn't black or white, all or nothing. Everything isn't "You're either 100% with us, or You're an enemy". Only fanatics and extremists thinks that way. They deal in absolutes. Not seeing the rest of the shades or colour in the spectrum.

Spending less is a diminished income for SSG. Same with less logged in time. It shows up in SSG's metrics if they look. Eventually ending up at 0 is the logical outcome (if they keep going in the same direction as now), even if not there yet. It is a warning signal, just like any company does not go from highly profitable having many customers to zero customers and bankrupcy out of nowhere (unless some major stupid big investments been made). It usually goes down in phases. It gives a company a hint that something is wrong and time to try and change it in the right direction. Unless they do they end up at 0 and out of business. That is the logic and no flaw or problem in that strategy at all.

The only way they could keep revenues up if each one spend less, would be to get in more players to compensate for each platers spending less (time and money). That will not happen if they keep going in this direction either. No one will recommend a game that they don't like as much anymore and see obvious issues with.

Yes SSG can of course go in the wrong direction and add more monetizations (as they currently seem to be doing), try and squeeze the last few customers remaining, keep adding to the downward spiral, but that will only work to a certain point. They will reach a critical mass, but in reverse (critical exodus mass), where even the whales will stop spending and eventually leave as there is too few others around for it to even be fun to be a whale.

Say You regularly go to a specific restaurant. Suddenly You go there less. Evenually a competent waitress/waiter (if a regular employee and not seasonal or temporary) might notice and ask why they've seen You come around less often ??? Then You reply it's because You are not happy with X or Y etc. Eventullay the owner will get to know and a chance to fix it.

Even targeted spending sends a signal if a company does their job. It sends a signal on what items or services people are willing to spend money and what they are noit as willing to spoend money on. So again it's not all ot nothing.

Let's say You often go to that restaurtant again, as You like the atmosphere etc and often order salmon steak, but never buy the sirloin steaks. If then almost no one buys the sirloin steak, then eventually it's taken off the menue. Even if not taken off, certaanly the restaurant owner will look into adding more fish dishes and not more sirloin steak dishes. It's all very logical. Of course this all assumes a good competent business owner that has a keen eye and looks at his customers behaviour and spending habbits to improve their business. Being in sync with their customers.

So as You can see it's not all or nothing in every scenario. In fact this strategy gives the company a chnace to fix it, get their act together and not just go out of business at once. If all just leave there is no chance or resources for improvements, then it will shut down. That is not my goal. Improvements of the game is however. However my patience have limits too. If I see no improvements whatsoever and they just keep going in this direction, eventually I too will leave completely.

With Ered Mithrin and Vales Of Anduin I saw clear improvements (that I liked) compared with original Mordor. With Minas Morgul I see a step backwards, many steps backwards acctually in many areas or aspect of gameplay and monetization schemes added.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Yesterday at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemond71 View Post
    You still bought. It's what they want. A major reason for the sale of different tier bundles is for the artifical contrast to create the perception that the lower tiers are inexpensive, good value. You appear to have fallen for it.

Unless "less" is some new fangled code for "zero" there's an obvious problem with your strategy here.
    No, I've fallen for nothing. I happen to think the MM update - questing wise, world building, storylines for entertainment, is worth $40. I don't mind paying for something that's worth the money. As for going above and beyond though, in the name of "support", nahhh, they'll earn that, or go without. Same as how I feel about game rewards. Though, I do wish I'd waited a bit longer before buying. First week on crafting, mats were not quite so rare. If I'd waited until after the nerf bat, I'd now be waiting til March.

Spending less is a diminished income for SSG. Same with less logged in time. It shows up in SSG's metrics if they look. Eventually ending up at 0 is the logical outcome (if they keep going in the same direction as now), even if not there yet. It is a warning signal,
    It's not about sending them a message for me. I'm not even sure that's possible anymore. They're moving forward like they're on rails. Its a lot more simple than that in my case. I'll invest support, when they invest in proper game play, not pay to bypass play. If they fall short, then my payments in, will fall short. The more they squeeze, the tighter I'll go It will eventually come to zero input on both sides no doubt. I'll just move onto something else when that time comes, with nothing lost. There are still aspects of the game that I still enjoy, and those are the saving grace for now, but I can drop this like a hot brick if they take this too far. I'm still (relatively speaking) a newish player compared with many others, but I have invested a lot of time and quite a bit of money in this game. But . . . I've invested a lot of time and money into cars over the years too, and when they stop working how I want them to work - I just fling em on a scrap heap without batting an eyelid As long as you've had your money's worth, it's easy to let things go, but there's no point in pouring good money into something you're getting nothing out of.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Yesterday at 10:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2