We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Transfers from closed servers needed

    Dear SSG,

    Myself and about a dozen kinmates are trying to return to try out the new expansion. We retired collectively in 2012 on Elendilmir. We are raiders seeking the nostalgia and and comradery of completing a new raid. Unfortunately our characters are stuck on our server which has closed, and transfers have been suspended since September. This is preventing each of us from returning and purchasing the expansion. I would assume that retaining returning customers would be a valuable pursuit for SSG. In my eyes, an indefinite suspension of transfers, particularly from closed servers, is unacceptable and a mistake. I hope SSG can rectify this issue with haste, as our group has a variety of commitments and pursuits. A continuation of the current silence on the issue will most likely prevent our return to the chagrin of us all.

    Regards,
    Toligrim, Burglar of Elendilmir.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall37 View Post
    Dear SSG,

    Myself and about a dozen kinmates are trying to return to try out the new expansion. We retired collectively in 2012 on Elendilmir. We are raiders seeking the nostalgia and and comradery of completing a new raid. Unfortunately our characters are stuck on our server which has closed, and transfers have been suspended since September. This is preventing each of us from returning and purchasing the expansion. I would assume that retaining returning customers would be a valuable pursuit for SSG. In my eyes, an indefinite suspension of transfers, particularly from closed servers, is unacceptable and a mistake. I hope SSG can rectify this issue with haste, as our group has a variety of commitments and pursuits. A continuation of the current silence on the issue will most likely prevent our return to the chagrin of us all.

    Regards,
    Toligrim, Burglar of Elendilmir.
    Same here...Been waiting and no word.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    61
    Don't complain you have time to do it before update announcement. Now you need to wait they have done with server transfer update like all player.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    21
    Unfortunately for you OP, you've just chosen a bad time to return. The transfers were taken down for multiple reasons that i'm aware of, including instances of player data being corrupted and exploits of shared storage transfers. If they allow transfers without fixing these issues (especially the former) then it could potentially reverberate across more than the dozen accounts belonging to you and your friends. It's simply unfortunate that, in the previous 7 years you've had to return, you chose to return in the here and now. The time to fix these issues might be being compounded by the new release as well (i'm not sure of what overlap occurs between SSG departments when it comes to fixing the transfers versus fixing prioritised MM issues).

    It's unfortunate they didn't give out arias with all MM bundles like they did with Mordor. At least you and your friends could have all rolled on-level and enjoyed the new content while you wait for the transfers to reopen.

    If you want action, get the dozen of your friends to add weight to this post by replying with their support, it sometimes helps to force a blue response (although, there are already other more populated threads on this issue that could be better served with this support).

    PS: I have read of players attempting petitions and contacting support on this matter. I'm unsure how effective it is because the reports are mixed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign50 View Post
    Unfortunately for you OP, you've just chosen a bad time to return. The transfers were taken down for multiple reasons that i'm aware of, including instances of player data being corrupted and exploits of shared storage transfers. If they allow transfers without fixing these issues (especially the former) then it could potentially reverberate across more than the dozen accounts belonging to you and your friends. It's simply unfortunate that, in the previous 7 years you've had to return, you chose to return in the here and now. The time to fix these issues might be being compounded by the new release as well (i'm not sure of what overlap occurs between SSG departments when it comes to fixing the transfers versus fixing prioritised MM issues).

    It's unfortunate they didn't give out arias with all MM bundles like they did with Mordor. At least you and your friends could have all rolled on-level and enjoyed the new content while you wait for the transfers to reopen.

    If you want action, get the dozen of your friends to add weight to this post by replying with their support, it sometimes helps to force a blue response (although, there are already other more populated threads on this issue that could be better served with this support).

    PS: I have read of players attempting petitions and contacting support on this matter. I'm unsure how effective it is because the reports are mixed.
    Thank you for the information, I did do a quick search for an explanation. The only official reference I found was the one line from SSG stating transfers were unavailable until further notice, posted in September. My ticket request just echoed this short statement.

    It wasn’t my intention to voice a complaint, but to highlight to SSG that the issue was important to me and possibly others. I’d like to play toons that I’ve already over a thousand hours playing. I’ll reach out to my friends to post here as you suggested.

    I understand it takes time to find solutions, I’m just a bit exasperated with the lack of any transparency about a solution or the priority it might have been given. I may be overestimating the available bandwidth, but 2 months seems like enough time to determine the scope of the problem, hoping that support could provide more clarity than a single blanket statement of unavailability. I can wait, I just wanted an idea of how far out it looks like a solution will be. My timing seems to have been poor, but that’s typical haha. Here we are.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,052
    We do understand that character transfers are important, and intend to reopen them in the future. We currently do not have an ETA to announce, sorry.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We do understand that character transfers are important, and intend to reopen them in the future. We currently do not have an ETA to announce, sorry.
    Thank you for acknowledging my inquiry.

    I’m unsure of what exactly is the problem with transfers, but I’d be open to concessions if it meant that I could play my character in some capacity. For instance I don’t care if shared storage is processed, I’d even take a reduced inventory or naked character if it helped.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall37 View Post
    I’d be open to concessions if it meant that I could play my character in some capacity. For instance I don’t care if shared storage is processed, I’d even take a reduced inventory or naked character if it helped.
    +1 to this.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We do understand that character transfers are important, and intend to reopen them in the future. We currently do not have an ETA to announce, sorry.
    How about manual transfers, similar to the way it was done in the "olden days", where a Turbine employee had to manually move the tables from one database to another? I realize it might cause SSG more work, but could manual requests be honored for e.g. only "old" to "current" servers, as no payment is required for those?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload