We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Repair Station (aka Anvil)

I'm sure this issue has been brought up before, so.. here I go again.

PLEASE, make changes to the crafted Repair Station!

Options:

1. Change it from Bind on Acquire to Bind to Account - (Best option IMO)
    2. Add Repair Stations recipes to other crafts! I don't see why a tinker or tailor shouldn't be able to place down a repair station (one that doesn't look like an anvil, ofc). Just add the recipes for old factions rep like you've done for weaponsmith and metalsmith.
    3. Add a new Repair Station recipe that allows people to craft an unbound item to trade! (recipe with a cooldown! maybe linked to one of the 2 newest factions?)

If you did any or all of these, I wouldn't even complain about the terribly long cooldown on the current anvil itself.

And I don't want to see a Store option implemented without implementing changes on these options too.
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

I agree...However I think most of the player base will be unaware that there even is such an item nor where to find the recipie.

An Updated version would be very simple, I would hope, to do. I do see that it may reduce Mythril Coin sales however good for the game none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    An Updated version would be very simple, I would hope, to do. I do see that it may reduce Mythril Coin sales however good for the game none the less.
    I wonder tho, how many people actually prefer to spend MC repairing rather than leave instance & return? The MC for a rez I can see happening more than for repairing. But maybe I'm wrong and most of the playerbase continues to spend money willy-nilly.

Hoping for some humane logic to spring forth from SSG at some point.

Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

To be fair. Even having all guilded crafters. With this long cooldown on anvil I just keep forgetting about this portable ability to repair lol.
    Always remember that you are unique, just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealana View Post
    To be fair. Even having all guilded crafters. With this long cooldown on anvil I just keep forgetting about this portable ability to repair lol.
    It is a very long cooldown, and I would love to see it reduced.. but since they offer the mithril coins quick fix I don't think I'd get a CD decrease I'd be happy with any of the options or whatever else I can't think about that helps players outside of the store. Heck, I wouldn't complain if this new repair station could only be used by VIP/Premium.

They won’t even look at this because Mithril Coin is an option for repairs. Why would they give you a free option that can be traded or make the free option easier to obtain?

Quote Originally Posted by Moorsfighter View Post
    They won’t even look at this because Mithril Coin is an option for repairs. Why would they give you a free option that can be traded or make the free option easier to obtain?
    Because we already have "free" options. Have you not read? I'm only asking for improvement on one of them (the other one being: find an NPC and repair). I even said that the item could be labelled as VIP/Premium only. Where's the FREE in that? We pay monthly.

Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Quote Originally Posted by Moorsfighter View Post
    Because everyone already has a free option whenever they want it. Leave instance - repair - rejoin.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

My opinion hasn't changed from a couple months ago:

I like having them bound. Lore-wise, it makes sense that you have to be a weaponsmith to know how to use an anvil to repair weapons. Or at least have a weaponsmith nearby telling you what to do.

Gameplay-wise, it's one of the ways that players have to depend on each other, which is a good thing in a multiplayer game.

I also think each crafting vocation should have a capstone ability that allows them to provide services like NPCs. Possible examples:

Tinker -> Relic-master
    Yeoman -> Supplier
    Armourer -> Forge-master
    Explorer -> Auctioneer
    Armsman -> Vault-keeper
    Historien -> Mailbox
    Woodsman -> A generic "crafting consultant"; when you click on him, you can craft
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Following your logic then they'd have to remove the anvil from the metalsmith, that already has a recipe.

I don't disagree with the crafts providing services like you suggest... but for people who raid, having more repair options would be better. If you don't like breaking lore in this, then a reduced CD on the item would be perfect (since I don't think they're gonna increase the duration either).

Idk, I feel like people are really quick to shut down QoL ideas than promoting them (or promoting more of them)...

Anyways, everyone's opinion is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Because everyone already has a free option whenever they want it. Leave instance - repair - rejoin.
    It’s not just about free/paid, it’s about convenience. Say you got lucky to get a spot in Anvil, it’s a PUG and you don’t want to be a burden... you pay the MC coin because leaving instance, mapping to a hub, then re-enter instance and run ALL THE WAY BACK is a burden... sure it’s free but it’s not quick when you already don’t want to annoy the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Idk, I feel like people are really quick to shut down QoL ideas than promoting them (or promoting more of them)...
    I didn't "quickly shut down" the idea. I've probably thought about the issue as much as you over the years. I've just come to a different conclusion.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    I didn't "quickly shut down" the idea. I've probably thought about the issue as much as you over the years. I've just come to a different conclusion.
    Which rather complicates a single suggestion of changing the binding status and CD of one already existing item.

Sometimes people over think stuff.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica