We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    4 Twinfall Path, Tund Nir, Falathlorn Homesteads, Eldar

Any way to run multiple client instances on same machine?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Is there any way to run more than one instance of the Mac client on the same machine? Before, it was possible, but now that the new Wine client isn't self-contained, but places files in Application Support, I can't think of any way to run more than one client instance simultaneously. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thoronlin

I am not an Apple user, but I know that in the launcher under options you can check to allow multiple instances. I used to have to put multiple copies of lotro on my windows computer, but now I do not need to. Don't know if that helps you or not.

Did you test it?

I don't multibox, but on a quick test, it seems to work as it should.

The problem with the Mac client is that the display on the launcher options checkboxes are broken. They work. You just can't see the checkmarks. This poses a problem for figuring out what you already configured. With THAT in mind: Select the down arrow at the top of the launcher, then select Options. On the first tab, you'll see "Leave launcher open," and "Allow multiple instances." You can check these and log in multiple clients.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Did you test it?

I don't multibox, but on a quick test, it seems to work as it should.

The problem with the Mac client is that the display on the launcher options checkboxes are broken. They work. You just can't see the checkmarks. This poses a problem for figuring out what you already configured. With THAT in mind: Select the down arrow at the top of the launcher, then select Options. On the first tab, you'll see "Leave launcher open," and "Allow multiple instances." You can check these and log in multiple clients.
    Yes, I tested it, but encountered the tick box problem you describe. What I didn't know is that even though I can't tick the box graphically, I can tick it logically! So yes, I will try again. Thanks so much!

(Now if I could only get buttons 3, 4 and 5 on my Razer Naga to not interrupt movement, the Mac client will be as good as, if not preferable to, the PC client for me. Anyone know how too configure Karabiner that way?)

Thoronlin

Update: Still doesn't work for me. Ticked both boxes, clicked OK, double clicked on LotroClient again, and no new launcher window appeared. What am I doing wrong?

Thoronlin

Quote Originally Posted by angryhands View Post
    Update: Still doesn't work for me. Ticked both boxes, clicked OK, double clicked on LotroClient again, and no new launcher window appeared. What am I doing wrong?

Thoronlin
    Hmm. Double-clicking lotroclient opens the launcher. You don't need to open two launchers in order to open two clients. If you leave the launcher open after launching the first client, you can use the same launcher to open a second client.
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

You are going to have to have two accounts or more to be able to run multiple instances of the client.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    You are going to have to have two accounts or more to be able to run multiple instances of the client.
    Oh, right, that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Hmm. Double-clicking lotroclient opens the launcher. You don't need to open two launchers in order to open two clients. If you leave the launcher open after launching the first client, you can use the same launcher to open a second client.
    Actually, for some reason, double-clicking lotroclient again now works for me! Things are fine now, except performance. On the same machine, I can run two Windows clients under Bootcamp, no problem. Running two Wine clients is really slow and laggy, however. So I think I will avoid double-boxing in OSX.

Thanks for all the help!

Thoronlin

Quote Originally Posted by angryhands View Post

(Now if I could only get buttons 3, 4 and 5 on my Razer Naga to not interrupt movement, the Mac client will be as good as, if not preferable to, the PC client for me. Anyone know how too configure Karabiner that way?)

Thoronlin
    I had the same issue with my Logitech G502 mouse. Some of the keys would interrupt movement. But then I got a corsair keyboard and ever since I plugged that in and used it for LOTRO my mouse clicks were not interrupting anything anymore. So weird. Perhaps its because Wine saw it as a Microsoft keyboard and not the Bluetooth Apple one I was using prior.