We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question About The 120 Valar ???

I tried posting a question to the community in the general forum early today (09.44 am my time). Now it's evening and not a single reply. 10 hrs later. So maybe this is the forum to ask it then ???

This is something that will affect which version I will buy for more than one account, as well as which character I might use the new Valar included on. My son and I are in the process of making space in our always full bags to be able to buy and activate the MM Expansion. I have already bought 1 of the biggest ones for one account, but then as I was going to buy more, this question popped into my head before I continue to buy more expansions.

With Mordor Ultimate we also got a Valar, a 105 one. Then the Valar system was changed a bit after with the VXP system revamp. Now You get a quest to aquire VXP/Virtue XP that comes with Valars. Looking at SSG_RedPandas Valar Diary, I get the impression that 105 Valar and 120 Valar uses the same quest for that, so then I'm wondering if using a LvL 120 Valar on a character that also used a 105 Valar might not reward the same quest again, as You already did that with the 105 Valar on the same character ??? Maybe You will only be able to get the VXP once even if it's now a 120 Valar You use on the same character. Or is it a quest You can do again if You add a 120 Valar on a character that used a 105 Valar, so You can do it again and get the VXP ???

That makes a big difference, to me anyway, before chosing to even get the packs with a 120 Valar in. Also after getting it, which character to use it on. As I used the 105 Valar on one character it would make it a waste to use the 120 Valar on the same character if it he won't get any more VXP as he used the 105 Valar a while back. Most of our others characters are at 120 already, or close to it, but still better to use it on one of them if that is the case. So kind of stuck in limbo now as if we level one of the other characters past 120 then we can not use the Vlaar on them either, if I get to know I won't get any more VXP on the 105+ character that used the 105 Valar.

It might not be the same if You used the 105 Valar before the VXP revamp, as back then no quest was involved for the VXP. So it is important to know if it works on a character that adds both Valars after that change, as we did.

Thank You in advance for Your reply, so I dont end up wasting money and if I buy a pack with the 120 Valar on waste it on the wrong character !!! My son and I have multiple accounts, so it could end up being an expensive lesson to learn, as I pay for it all. Also a reply makes it possible to not be stuck in limbo, to keep playing and not keep characters on 120 just in case they need to use the Valar instead.

okay so let me make sure I'm understanding correctly-

You want to know what happens with the Virtue XP if you use a 105 THEN a 120 after?

According to the Article both 105 and 120 valars get the same quest to deliver the same quantity of VXP 5 X 70,000 and 15 X 20,000.

The quest item is unique, is the quest a one time deal? If it is repeatable then the 105 one would need to be used before the Morgul delivery is opened - as a unique item would be blocked from arriving on your toon.

It will be interesting to see how many trait points are the result of both valars being used.

Edit:

With the appearance of Virtue Accelerators in the store ("No VXP available in the store") coming next Monday, would buying lots of Virtue accelerators effect the use and result of these Virtues of the Valar tokens? Money ofc no object, as seems to be the case.
    Last edited by Ballie; Nov 15 2019 at 02:37 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    okay so let me make sure I'm understanding correctly-

You want to know what happens with the Virtue XP if you use a 105 THEN a 120 after?
    Pretty much yes. We Already used the 105 Valars that came with the Mordor Ultimate on characters. Used them after the VXP system was revamped though, not before, so did the quest thingy. My son on one one of his characters each on his accounts, me on one character each on my accts. Then now we will get 120 Valars and would like to use them on the same characters (they are now lvl 105-109), but if that does not give those characters additional VXP, as they did the 105 Valar once, it seems a waste and maybe better to use them on LvL 120 characters instead, as they did not use any 105 Valars. They won't get any more levels but at least the VXP. Although they don't need any LI's so not ideal either. Perfect would be to use them on the characters that used 105 Valars previously and now if use 120 Valars get both levels, LI's and more VXP. Not waste anything.

The 105 Virtues XP quest does not stop the completion of the 120. So, yes you can use both.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    The 105 Virtues XP quest does not stop the completion of the 120. So, yes you can use both.
    Then the shopping can continue.

So, great news then. Thank You for Your reply !!!

Can we also get pocket items with the 120 boost? We didn't even get pocket items with the 105 boost and now the 120 does not come with a pocket item as well
    Best blueline hunter in the whole game who streams mostly LOTRO at https://www.twitch.tv/eithelion

Quote Originally Posted by HoboNanikin View Post
    Can we also get pocket items with the 120 boost? We didn't even get pocket items with the 105 boost and now the 120 does not come with a pocket item as well
    I'd have settled for a bow on my Beorning... it was fun running around with a lvl 29 bow and everything else replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboNanikin View Post
    I must admit I'm a little bit curious as to why SSG decided not to include a pocket item with the 105 and 120 Valar boosts, seems to be a bit of an odd decision doesn't it?
    Playing LotRO since 16th April 2007!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyUK View Post
    I must admit I'm a little bit curious as to why SSG decided not to include a pocket item with the 105 and 120 Valar boosts, seems to be a bit of an odd decision doesn't it?
    Just like SSG did not add a recipe for any pocket item either to Guild recipes for Scholars.

Either they have something against pocket items, simply overlook them alot of the time, or have a plan that BiS pocket items needs to be earned from instances. Still the last reason would not stop SSG from adding some pocket item which is not BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Just like SSG did not add a recipe for any pocket item either to Guild recipes for Scholars.

Either they have something against pocket items, simply overlook them alot of the time, or have a plan that BiS pocket items needs to be earned from instances. Still the last reason would not stop SSG from adding some pocket item which is not BiS.
    I don't really keep up with what any game devs actually do or what they plan to do, mainly because they usually change things in some way. *shrug*

The 120 Valar boost also does not include an LI Bridle, yet it does include a War Steed. Isn't the lack of a Bridle kind of a major omission?
    Playing LotRO since 16th April 2007!

I'd imagine that an included bridle is a further reminder of that forgotten tech. And some would complain, if it was provided, it's not decked out in useful relics, star-lits and SSG's idea of good legacies.

Five minutes fighting a bunch of orcs on landscape can get you a bridle or two. You've been saved months of trying to find a partner to knock out dozens of plat run big battles when SSG could have made them solo friendly rather than keep the duo min difficulty level and rank reqs.

Moaning about visiting a load of stables, when you've been gifted the virtues players ground out for weeks in the locale.

Missing a pocket when you've been given gear that has better stats than 70% of the players at 120.

All the traits so you don't have to read what your skills do. Don't have to L2P the class.

Just to be propelled into the micro transaction rich later levels...

One of the players in the kinship I'm in tried to use his 120 Valar on his character after seeing the huge jump in gear and the state of the LIs. I cannot remember if he had just turned 120 or 121 on his character, but it would NOT allow him to use it. I feel that a 120+ character should be able to use the item to get the upgrades and the leveling up just be ignored since that portion is already fulfilled. So now he has an alt that is much better equipped than his main. To me, that makes no sense. I started playing LOTRO late, so I was always in catch-up mode, and luckily my main was only level 119 when I used mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Larnild View Post
    One of the players in the kinship I'm in tried to use his 120 Valar on his character after seeing the huge jump in gear and the state of the LIs. I cannot remember if he had just turned 120 or 121 on his character, but it would NOT allow him to use it. I feel that a 120+ character should be able to use the item to get the upgrades and the leveling up just be ignored since that portion is already fulfilled. So now he has an alt that is much better equipped than his main. To me, that makes no sense. I started playing LOTRO late, so I was always in catch-up mode, and luckily my main was only level 119 when I used mine.
    It is not a +120 item, never was, it only levels you to 120 and a lot of players were protesting that it should be usable for 120 toons instead of 119 only, but never past 121... and I'm afraid in this case your friend can't blame anyone but himself.

I will point out that SSG isn't great at making information available for players to decide without having to go thru a bunch of forum threads and Cord's livestreams. Tooltips lately tend to be obscure or plain wrong.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Larnild View Post
    I just want a vendor added that sells the Valar's LI boxes for the new Minas Ithil coins...

Still no pocket item in 120 boost

Kind of embarrassing being 120 now on my new server and have no pocket item in the gear provided