We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Updating issues.

Hello everyone,
    It's been a very long time since I've played LotRO. I just came back and found my files needed an enormous update. During this update, however, the update seems to be having fits...

"An update error occurred:
    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and deserialize the data downloaded from the server.]

Anyone know how to get this to resolve?

Quote Originally Posted by Istagund View Post
    Hello everyone,
    It's been a very long time since I've played LotRO. I just came back and found my files needed an enormous update. During this update, however, the update seems to be having fits...

"An update error occurred:
    PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and deserialize the data downloaded from the server.]

Anyone know how to get this to resolve?
    If you still have the client installed from years ago, it might be that you are running up against a problem with launcher updates that have happened over that time period. An old launcher might not even know where to point anymore.

I would start fresh. Remove what is on the computer now, download the new launcher, and take it from there.

Welcome back and good luck with the install!

I agree download the launcher again because there were changes made and the old launcher will not work anymore.

Thanks, I'll take a look into it.