We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 120 of 120
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    As i said people need just learn mechanics and read theirs skills.
    What is the mechanic that hits the entire group as soon as you jump down, or before you even jump down for 700k, or 580k for the OP? What's the mechanic that makes you suddenly die from misadventure?
    .


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    OK it's not important how you got your stats, but your stats are abnormal.
    I'd say it's more of a "I looked at what the instance threw at me (hard hitting shadow damage) and adjusted my stats accordingly (add morale + tactical mitigation)" but yeah, discussing this doesn't add anything to the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I'm not taking that damage from distributed. That was one of the first things we tested. Even your own video doesn't support that theory, you were spread out the whole time. And you didn't start the fight like this, your tank ran up on his own, and you and the healer were apart. You just made this up on the spot, and now you have taught someone something that isn't true. That is terrible, you have wasted my time, a ton of his time and everyone he does it with and tells. You should have known that already because I stated that it nuked the people still on the platform above as well as the one who started. The nuke was there whether you stack or spread, and again my stats are better for surviving this than you. It could be broken distributed, who knows because it doesn't say, but if it is it is certainly not one that is working.
    I don't know at what point in time you did that test. I agree with you that, when the instance first came out, this did not work very well. I feel like even back then it was distributed damage, but the way it behaved was definitely strange. They changed that with the patch that lowered t3 difficulty though, and ever since it works just fine.

    We are dealing with distributed damage that hits everyone standing more than ~2m away from the pit walls, and that distributes across targets standing in a radius of ~15m of the first target hit, excluding the area right up to the pit walls (the boss seems to not be able to reach that area). Meaning, we DO stand close enough together in my video, and we DO distribute the damage between our tank, healer, my warden and captain pet. Basically, you have to make sure that no player hugs the wall and that you are all on the same side of the pit, you'll be fine in regards to distributed.

    The people nuked on the platform most likely have not been killed by distributed, there is another rather high hitting skill with higher range available to Balchneth (Its shadow/LoE debuff hit). Any player can be initial target of Balchneth on pull, and, as such, get hit by that. Low mitigations and morale CAN certainly lead to this oneshotting a player, as it is meant to hit a tank, and only a tank, so the damage is balanced in a way it's survivable for a tank.

    There used to be another hit available to Balchneth that seemed to always hit a random target if the player having aggro of Balchneth was not standing close enough to him, and that would most likely oneshot whoever was being hit. I did not see this hit land ever since they patched t3 instances to be easier and I, thus, can't prove that this was actually what was going on nor say what damage the hit did and so on, but as it does not happen anymore (to us, at least, but we stopped trying to pull balchneth before jumping down long ago, so could be he still uses that hit to oneshot players that don't enter the pit prior to pull. Easy to avoid though if this should be the case, just drop down hugging the wall and then run into combat from there) it should not be subject to discussion.

    And if you really feel I'm wasting your and everyone elses time by "making up" mechanics that I do have video proof of on the fly, nobody is forcing you to try and disprove my claims about instance mechanic. If I really happen to be wrong with what I'm saying here, SSG will know. I'd however love to see you actually enter the instance and disprove my claims, you uploading a video doing everything better than we did, and proving that the hit cannot be distributed, proving you do kill the boss while resisting the spike hit and in the 10 minutes you claim. All you did was point out our mistakes (and I know there are many to be seen in this video, the tactic however, for me, is not one of them).


    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Watching your video again, there are some debuffs missing that I just noticed from your characters. See that debuff with the blue border, black background and white mist/electricity? That didn't come by itself when I did it, it came with 3 debuffs at once. A fear debuff icon, LoE debuff, and something else, 2 of which are shadow of mordor debuffs. Unless you are immune to fear, and you said your captain wasn't clearing those with MC, then they have certainly changed something because you should have 3 icons there each time the one I mentioned appears.
    There's two separate attacks that apply debuffs in this fight.
    One of them, a targeted attack to the player having aggro of Balchneth, that does some damage and applies a shadow/LoE debuff. I was hit by that at the start of our combat, as I initially had aggro of Balchneth. After that first hit, however, it always hit our captain as he had aggro of Balchneth(so he got this debuff instead).
    The other debuffing attack the boss does is a bit harder to understand. It applies two seperate debuffs (one being a slow and the other one debuffing attack duration/cast time) and it seems to be hitting always the same target, but what player is affected by it seems to be chosen random as soon as you start combat. Not sure about the exact conditions that apply here, but for our video, I was the one being targeted by that attack.

    So, to explain, there are no debuffs "missing", it was rather split between my warden and our captain. So, as my UI is set to just show removable effects on my group members, not all effects present, you'll just see our captain having that shadow debuff from time to time, and you'll see the slow/attack duration debuff being applied to my warden.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    What is the mechanic that hits the entire group as soon as you jump down, or before you even jump down for 700k, or 580k for the OP? What's the mechanic that makes you suddenly die from misadventure?
    Learn to proper use your skill your food your race trait and got right gear.

    I see so much salty people here. This game don't disserve SSG' s cluster work. They just should code a solo version where roll his head on the keyboard is the rule.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    Learn to proper use your skill your food your race trait and got right gear.

    I see so much salty people here. This game don't disserve SSG' s cluster work. They just should code a solo version where roll his head on the keyboard is the rule.
    Ah, ok, your statement led me to believe that you might know what you were talking about, my mistake.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 12 2020 at 04:07 PM.
    .


  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    I'd say it's more of a "I looked at what the instance threw at me (hard hitting shadow damage) and adjusted my stats accordingly (add morale + tactical mitigation)" but yeah, discussing this doesn't add anything to the thread.



    I don't know at what point in time you did that test. I agree with you that, when the instance first came out, this did not work very well. I feel like even back then it was distributed damage, but the way it behaved was definitely strange. They changed that with the patch that lowered t3 difficulty though, and ever since it works just fine.

    We are dealing with distributed damage that hits everyone standing more than ~2m away from the pit walls, and that distributes across targets standing in a radius of ~15m of the first target hit, excluding the area right up to the pit walls (the boss seems to not be able to reach that area). Meaning, we DO stand close enough together in my video, and we DO distribute the damage between our tank, healer, my warden and captain pet. Basically, you have to make sure that no player hugs the wall and that you are all on the same side of the pit, you'll be fine in regards to distributed.

    The people nuked on the platform most likely have not been killed by distributed, there is another rather high hitting skill with higher range available to Balchneth (Its shadow/LoE debuff hit). Any player can be initial target of Balchneth on pull, and, as such, get hit by that. Low mitigations and morale CAN certainly lead to this oneshotting a player, as it is meant to hit a tank, and only a tank, so the damage is balanced in a way it's survivable for a tank.

    There used to be another hit available to Balchneth that seemed to always hit a random target if the player having aggro of Balchneth was not standing close enough to him, and that would most likely oneshot whoever was being hit. I did not see this hit land ever since they patched t3 instances to be easier and I, thus, can't prove that this was actually what was going on nor say what damage the hit did and so on, but as it does not happen anymore (to us, at least, but we stopped trying to pull balchneth before jumping down long ago, so could be he still uses that hit to oneshot players that don't enter the pit prior to pull. Easy to avoid though if this should be the case, just drop down hugging the wall and then run into combat from there) it should not be subject to discussion.

    And if you really feel I'm wasting your and everyone elses time by "making up" mechanics that I do have video proof of on the fly, nobody is forcing you to try and disprove my claims about instance mechanic. If I really happen to be wrong with what I'm saying here, SSG will know. I'd however love to see you actually enter the instance and disprove my claims, you uploading a video doing everything better than we did, and proving that the hit cannot be distributed, proving you do kill the boss while resisting the spike hit and in the 10 minutes you claim. All you did was point out our mistakes (and I know there are many to be seen in this video, the tactic however, for me, is not one of them).




    There's two separate attacks that apply debuffs in this fight.
    One of them, a targeted attack to the player having aggro of Balchneth, that does some damage and applies a shadow/LoE debuff. I was hit by that at the start of our combat, as I initially had aggro of Balchneth. After that first hit, however, it always hit our captain as he had aggro of Balchneth(so he got this debuff instead).
    The other debuffing attack the boss does is a bit harder to understand. It applies two seperate debuffs (one being a slow and the other one debuffing attack duration/cast time) and it seems to be hitting always the same target, but what player is affected by it seems to be chosen random as soon as you start combat. Not sure about the exact conditions that apply here, but for our video, I was the one being targeted by that attack.

    So, to explain, there are no debuffs "missing", it was rather split between my warden and our captain. So, as my UI is set to just show removable effects on my group members, not all effects present, you'll just see our captain having that shadow debuff from time to time, and you'll see the slow/attack duration debuff being applied to my warden.
    This thread started with T3. Then they fixed some damage and it fell silent, then they added T4-5, and broke Harrowing (and I think some timers). The prior mistake in T3 may have been added to T5. What you describe is not what is hitting me, we all started, together, more than 2 meters off the wall, and all took damage except 1. As I said, we all went in together, we were less distributed and better geared than you were to take that hit. And a herald was up as well. We tried it every which way you could try it in this tiny little strip of real estate before the boss. This is not it, this is not what was hitting me. What was hitting me is the same thing that hit the OP in T3 which you confirm to have seen one shot people in T3 which doesn't become survivable with 100k TM. The date of your video is a maintenance after I did it and experienced the hit. If your captain was in my group the week before, he would have died without SoD on, and likely one of you as well. If it's fixed, rest assured that anyone can simulate the exact level of challenge it provided by dying in the acid pool just before the boss, or standing in it and wasting a CD.

    I don't need to post a video or prove anything to you. Why should I need to confirm what you yourself and the OP testify too in T3? Posting a video of it not happening to you simply proves that it didn't happen to you.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 12 2020 at 04:18 PM.
    .


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Ah, ok, your statement led me to believe that you might know what you were talking about, my mistake.
    I don't care about what you think. I have already done all new instance and i am farming them with teammate. And all i read here make me laugh and at the same time frighten me so hard than i don't want help people who make no effort. I had to ban pug from my party because all the time and after many explanation they never learn or want to progress. They want a free carry for chest and deed.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    I don't care about what you think. I have already done all new instance and i am farming them with teammate. And all i read here make me laugh and at the same time frighten me so hard than i don't want help people who make no effort. I had to ban pug from my party because all the time and after many explanation they never learn or want to progress. They want a free carry for chest and deed.
    Thanks for story time.
    .


  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Thanks for story time.
    I feel angry and salt in you.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    I feel angry and salt in you.
    You feel angry? Sorry bro didn't mean to upset you.
    .


  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    You feel angry? Sorry bro didn't mean to upset you.
    404 error.

    My friend.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    The prior mistake in T3 may have been added to T5. What you describe is not what is hitting me, we all started, together, more than 2 meters off the wall, and all took damage except 1. As I said, we all went in together, we were less distributed and better geared than you were to take that hit. And a herald was up as well. We tried it every which way you could try it in this tiny little strip of real estate before the boss. This is not it, this is not what was hitting me. What was hitting me is the same thing that hit the OP in T3 which you confirm to have seen one shot people in T3 which doesn't become survivable with 100k TM. The date of your video is a maintenance after I did it and experienced the hit.[...]
    I did experience a hit that was likely removed when they made t3 easier, yes. I did not see this hit being present ever since this patch, so I don't know why a bug/broken hit that might have been present the first week the instance was available could in any way be relevant for a balance discussion focused on the state of this instance on live servers right now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    If your captain was in my group the week before, he would have died without SoD on, and likely one of you as well. If it's fixed, rest assured that anyone can simulate the exact level of challenge it provided by dying in the acid pool just before the boss, or standing in it and wasting a CD.

    I don't need to post a video or prove anything to you. Why should I need to confirm what you yourself and the OP testify too in T3? Posting a video of it not happening to you simply proves that it didn't happen to you.
    So you are trying to say there is another attack available to this boss that I have yet to see myself, that is broken, and that does not occur every single time you fight this boss? And you don't want to provide a video of it happening right now on live servers because some other players, myself included, have seen a probably broken hit that has long since been fixed/removed occur in this fight way back in the first released version of the instance? How high you would say are the chances I see this bug occuring in my next 10-15 T5 runs of this instance, if we were to play the fight in exactly the same way we did when we recorded our video? Does this happen to you every time, or did it happen just once, or maybe one out of every ten runs?

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    I did experience a hit that was likely removed when they made t3 easier, yes. I did not see this hit being present ever since this patch, so I don't know why a bug/broken hit that might have been present the first week the instance was available could in any way be relevant for a balance discussion focused on the state of this instance on live servers right now.




    So you are trying to say there is another attack available to this boss that I have yet to see myself, that is broken, and that does not occur every single time you fight this boss? And you don't want to provide a video of it happening right now on live servers because some other players, myself included, have seen a probably broken hit that has long since been fixed/removed occur in this fight way back in the first released version of the instance? How high you would say are the chances I see this bug occuring in my next 10-15 T5 runs of this instance, if we were to play the fight in exactly the same way we did when we recorded our video? Does this happen to you every time, or did it happen just once, or maybe one out of every ten runs?
    Balance discussion? The OP is reporting the fight as broken.

    I only went once, and this is what happened every time. One time we were all up top, the first person stepped off of the platform and died in the air! We got the hits before the boss even appeared. Everyone could be standing back to the wall, then everyone is dead. There was no mechanic here, no damage, just death. Can live just fine through everything else in that fight, not this. This is not "challenge", this was a broken, bugged, unintended event. I don't need to prove it to you, because I watched it happen with 2 other people! Over and over and over. Further you have seen the same thing. None of your "strats" has anything to do with it, not the 2m wall garbage, not the distributed, not your petty amount of TM, nothing. It is ridiculous that you would defend the preservation of what is obviously an unintended bug. You confirm the bug exists, I don't care what the rate is, fix it, because it has nothing do with challenge.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 12 2020 at 09:08 PM.
    .


  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Balance discussion? The OP is reporting the fight as broken.

    I only went once, and this is what happened every time. One time we were all up top, the first person stepped off of the platform and died in the air! We got the hits before the boss even appeared. Everyone could be standing back to the wall, then everyone is dead. There was no mechanic here, no damage, just death. Can live just fine through everything else in that fight, not this. This is not "challenge", this was a broken, bugged, unintended event. I don't need to prove it to you, because I watched it happen with 2 other people! Over and over and over. Further you have seen the same thing. None of your "strats" has anything to do with it, not the 2m wall garbage, not the distributed, not your petty amount of TM, nothing. It is ridiculous that you would defend the preservation of what is obviously an unintended bug. You confirm the bug exists, I don't care what the rate is, fix it, because it has nothing do with challenge.
    You do know that the OP you keep on naming did his post Nov 13 2019? You do know that there was a patch after this post was made that changed up the instance balance completely (Nov 20 2019), U25.0.2? And you do know that tier 4 and 5 of all instances was added later, as of Dec 11 2019, with U25.1? Now, when did you do that one run of the instance you did? Right after release, and on tier 3 (so you could confirm what OP was experiencing)? Or did you do it just before we did record the video, as you claimed before (so you could tell whether my video shows the state the boss is in right now or not)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    The date of your video is a maintenance after I did it and experienced the hit. If your captain was in my group the week before, he would have died without SoD on, and likely one of you as well. If it's fixed, rest assured that anyone can simulate the exact level of challenge it provided by dying in the acid pool just before the boss, or standing in it and wasting a CD.
    You're contradicting yourself right now. Did you even actually kill this boss, and if yes, was it on tier 3 or tier 5? What you describe above is what the instance state was right after release and on tier 3, what I am defending is the way the instance is balanced right now, both on tier 3 and tier 5 (never actually did t4). What my video shows is the way the instance is balanced right now on tier 5. I feel like you are asking for things to be fixed that have long since been fixed, and I feel like you are trying to disprove my statements about current instance mechanic with deaths that occured way too long ago to still be relevant. I DID see the bug you're describing, but it happened to me in U25.0, your first post in this thread here however is Dec 30 2019, the bug I've seen had long been fixed at that point.

    However, easy solution available. You want this bug fixed? Go provide SSG with some footage of the bug actually happening so they know what to fix. They even ask for detailed information on how to reproduce what happened in their official report form. While you're at it, just post it here as well. The second I see this footage, and the second I am actually convinced by this footage that we're talking about a bug and not about you not getting what is happening in this fight, I'll stop defending it. Until this happens, I'll keep on insisting it's distributed damage that kills you and not some weird broken skill. You are not going to stop me defending what is proper and challenging content until you've proven to me it's not meant to be that way. You don't want to prove that to me or anyone else? Works for me as well, but you'll have to accept me explaining one way how to properly, and without unnessessary deaths, play this boss, as often as I want, whether you think my tactic is garbage or not.
    Last edited by Silverrider; Jan 12 2020 at 09:55 PM.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I nearly got it on my first try, (after the initial head scratching deaths at start), and it didn't take 20m, more like less than 10 while actively participating in mechanics like stepping out of acid pools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I only went once, and this is what happened every time. One time we were all up top, the first person stepped off of the platform and died in the air! We got the hits before the boss even appeared. Everyone could be standing back to the wall, then everyone is dead. There was no mechanic here, no damage, just death.
    I'm a bit confused, is this more like an easy <10m farm fight or just impossible to play for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I don't know what is killing people in the Harrowing. You just die with no explanation, happened to my entire group simultaneously
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I'm glad for harrowing T5.
    Same for harrowing I guess?

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I'd like to actually make it to end game, where the people are, maybe do some group content at some point
    Reaching max level and getting some gear is one thing, understanding game mechanics a completely different. Fortunately there are some skilled players developing and explaining tactics for everybody else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    And as you seem to still have no idea why we take so much less damage than you, I'll explain it. Taking a hit that deals distributed damage (a hit dealing damage that spreads between all players affected, thus dealing really high damage if it DOES hit just one player) alone is not broken mechanic, but failure of proper gameplay (distributed damage hitting the very second you start combat is bad design, but we stated that this skill should be put on initial cooldown numerous times before). You get hit for 700k damage because your toon was taking the damage alone. Divide that 700k damage across 3 player toons, it's suddenly a much lower number (230k). Take your captain pet into account, it suddenly becomes 700k divided by 4, meaning 175k damage per target affected. That is no broken damage, these numbers are very much survivable in current gear. I'm not obfuscating anything, I'm not misleading anyone, I'm just playing a mechanic the way it's meant to be played, by standing close enough together and distributing the damage that would otherwise kill us. And yes, I AM defending the damage this hit does as making it hit for less would make it irrelevant.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation of the boss mechanic, this tactic helps a lot in surviving this one strange hit not showing up in combat log.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinto View Post
    I'm a bit confused, is this more like an easy <10m farm fight or just impossible to play for you?





    Same for harrowing I guess?



    Reaching max level and getting some gear is one thing, understanding game mechanics a completely different. Fortunately there are some skilled players developing and explaining tactics for everybody else.



    Thanks for the detailed explanation of the boss mechanic, this tactic helps a lot in surviving this one strange hit not showing up in combat log.
    The beginning of the fight had a bug in it in my run, the rest is fine.

    There is lag in the Harrowing, and sometimes your client gets behind the server. It is rarely the case, but I have experienced it and others have mentioned it to me on their own accord. What does this have to do with anything?

    That post was in October when I returned. You should check the dates when you stalk my post history.
    .


  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    You do know that the OP you keep on naming did his post Nov 13 2019? You do know that there was a patch after this post was made that changed up the instance balance completely (Nov 20 2019), U25.0.2? And you do know that tier 4 and 5 of all instances was added later, as of Dec 11 2019, with U25.1? Now, when did you do that one run of the instance you did? Right after release, and on tier 3 (so you could confirm what OP was experiencing)? Or did you do it just before we did record the video, as you claimed before (so you could tell whether my video shows the state the boss is in right now or not)?

    You're contradicting yourself right now. Did you even actually kill this boss, and if yes, was it on tier 3 or tier 5? What you describe above is what the instance state was right after release and on tier 3, what I am defending is the way the instance is balanced right now, both on tier 3 and tier 5 (never actually did t4). What my video shows is the way the instance is balanced right now on tier 5. I feel like you are asking for things to be fixed that have long since been fixed, and I feel like you are trying to disprove my statements about current instance mechanic with deaths that occured way too long ago to still be relevant. I DID see the bug you're describing, but it happened to me in U25.0, your first post in this thread here however is Dec 30 2019, the bug I've seen had long been fixed at that point.

    However, easy solution available. You want this bug fixed? Go provide SSG with some footage of the bug actually happening so they know what to fix. They even ask for detailed information on how to reproduce what happened in their official report form. While you're at it, just post it here as well. The second I see this footage, and the second I am actually convinced by this footage that we're talking about a bug and not about you not getting what is happening in this fight, I'll stop defending it. Until this happens, I'll keep on insisting it's distributed damage that kills you and not some weird broken skill. You are not going to stop me defending what is proper and challenging content until you've proven to me it's not meant to be that way. You don't want to prove that to me or anyone else? Works for me as well, but you'll have to accept me explaining one way how to properly, and without unnessessary deaths, play this boss, as often as I want, whether you think my tactic is garbage or not.
    Yes, that is exactly what I was saying in #105. Have you not even read the thread, do you not even know what you are arguing against? I did it on T5, and I said I did it a maintenance cycle before your video. It is exactly as I said it was for all 3 of us who watched it happen. I asked for things that were NOT fixed to be fixed. I have said nothing about balance, or nerfing it, or reducing challenge. There is nothing about balance or challenge in dropping down from a ledge and dying before you hit the ground! There is nothing about balance in standing still to buff before the fight starts and then just dying! I would love to hear your justification for why such a bug should be allowed, and defended for in the the name of "mah challenge". It has nothing to do with your strats. You should actually know what someone is saying before you disagree with them, but then again you are here because your companion can't control himself, or bother to relay correct information to you. Your explanation of "how to do it" has nothing to do with what I am reporting. Do you get that? Do you understand that distributed damage 2m off the wall when the boss is active has nothing to do with dying before the boss even appears or you even cross that threshold? That is why I call it garbage, it is specious.

    If you want to actually support challenge rather than virtue signal for it, then report, and campaign for them to fix the acid pools as the OP did who is being criticized for not wanting challenge. Meanwhile you exploit the ability to stand in this bug, and cry "but mah challenge" when someone asks for a bug that you recognize from earlier to have been fixed for T3 to be fixed here as well. Futher, let me clear up a misunderstanding about challenge. Challenge is not derived from high statistics that can be overcome with gear or mechanics. Those will always be temporary because gear can be earned, and mechanics can be learned. Challenge comes from coordination, leadership, agile mobility, ability finesse and response time. You want actual challenge, ask for dungeons that require talent rather than mechanics and gear. What you are calling challenge is ephemeral difficulty.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 13 2020 at 10:24 AM.
    .


  17. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    There is nothing about balance or challenge in dropping down from a ledge and dying before you hit the ground! There is nothing about balance in standing still to buff before the fight starts and then just dying! I would love to hear your justification for why such a bug should be allowed, and defended for in the the name of "mah challenge".
    I never defended such thing. I defended a spike hit the boss uses in combat that does not have the range to kill you up the legde and that does not have the range to kill you when right up against the wall dropping down. You jump or slide forward jumping down and die from that very hit I defended, well, that's a failure of gameplay then and not the hit being broken. Stop accusing me of not reading what was being said if you are unable to understand what skill I'm even talking about, follow your own advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    It has nothing to do with your strats. You should actually know what someone is saying before you disagree with them, [...]

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    but then again you are here because your companion can't control himself, or bother to relay correct information to you.
    I'm here because I chose to correct your clearly proven wrong accusations against my warden, not because Chris asked me to comment here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Your explanation of "how to do it" has nothing to do with what I am reporting. Do you get that? Do you understand that distributed damage 2m off the wall when the boss is active has nothing to do with dying before the boss even appears or you even cross that threshold? That is why I call it garbage, it is specious.
    That, however, was not what I was commenting on and not what you have been reporting in the first place. What you reported, originally, and I'll cite it just so you remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    T5 - 300k damage at the start of the fight from the first boss to the tank. That damage is after using shield of the dunedain at the start which reduces damage by 75%. (anyone able to do the math on how much the base dmg was?). Dieing to so much damage at the start of the fight the death log doesn't even show a number, sometimes it says dies to misadventure.
    You are not talking about dying while the fight has not even started here. You are talking about the very hit that lands at combat start, and that happens to be the hit I explained.


    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    If you want to actually support challenge rather than virtue signal for it, then report, and campaign for them to fix the acid pools as the OP did who is being criticized for not wanting challenge.
    I've reported these acid pools doing next to no damage multiple times now, through the way SSG offered to us to report bugs (https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new).


    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Meanwhile you exploit the ability to stand in this bug, [...]
    Accusing me of a bannable offense (exploiting) when clearly that is not the case is a big no from me. A mechanic that is not working has nothing to do with abusing a game error for advantage over other players (the very definition of exploiting). We do take damage from these puddles, it's not like we would be doing something that stops these puddles from doing what they do to every other player that runs this instance. We did not gain any unintended advantage over other players with our way of playing the instance. Stop claiming us exploiting until you have read and understood what you are saying (there's the code of conduct, that clearly names and explains this) and can prove your claim.


    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    and cry "but mah challenge" when someone asks for a bug that you recognize from earlier to have been fixed for T3 to be fixed here as well.
    The bug I was talking about was occuring due to the fact the boss didn't properly reset/despawn after a wipe.
    So, please confirm to me that, what you're trying to have fixed here is the following:
    After a wipe the boss doesn't despawn, causing him to aggro you way too early and thus making it rather difficult if not impossible to start the fight in a way you could actually control the skills the boss uses. Furthermore, there is a skill available to the boss meant to be used in case the tank gets pulled out of melee range while tentacles are active, that gets used and kills a player the second the boss is activated because tentacles from the previous fights have not despawned either.
    That is the bug I am talking about. You sure that's what you experienced when running the instance, and that I am in fact confirming what you are saying while disagreeing with you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Futher, let me clear up a misunderstanding about challenge. Challenge is not derived from high statistics that can be overcome with gear or mechanics. Those will always be temporary because gear can be earned, and mechanics can be learned. Challenge comes from coordination, leadership, agile mobility, ability finesse and response time. You want actual challenge, ask for dungeons that require talent rather than mechanics and gear. What you are calling challenge is ephemeral difficulty.
    I'd love to have instances asking for more than a mere understanding of basic mechanics and proper gear. We are talking about a rather small game here, though, and as development resources are limited, at least having mechanics that ask for players to be able to play their class just because the numbers don't add up otherwise is better than having no difficulty at all.
    Furthermore, you keep talking about Balchneth being no challenge at all, yet you were unable to kill him off (while claiming to have more appropriate gear for this fight than my warden). Seems there are some challenges involved after all. I'll name some for you, from this very fight:
    - Coordinating the group to never be more than 15m spread apart, while being pulled all over the place by tentacles and having to change position multiple times
    - Still being able to fill in your group role while being pulled all over the place by tentacles (caster classes especially)
    - Recognizing what timers are relevant for this fight, and understanding and using your skills accordingly to avoid high damage boss hits killing you off
    - Being able to track your own debuffs, and removing them fast enough for you to not die by a combination of boss spike damage and acid DoT effect, or LoE debuff
    Of course, no complete list of everything this fight involves. I'd love to have more mechanics at play so there's more challenge from mechanics than from mere numbers, but mechanics can become irrelevant if numbers don't match, and so I defend numbers from the mechanics we do get as to not loose even more. If SSG were to add more mechanics and then change up numbers so they keep on matching (even if that means lowering numbers on a single mechanic), they'd have my full support. Small game, though, so likely this won't happen and challenge derived from high numbers on a few mechanics is the next best thing I'm going to get.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    I never defended such thing. I defended a spike hit the boss uses in combat that does not have the range to kill you up the legde and that does not have the range to kill you when right up against the wall dropping down. You jump or slide forward jumping down and die from that very hit I defended, well, that's a failure of gameplay then and not the hit being broken. Stop accusing me of not reading what was being said if you are unable to understand what skill I'm even talking about, follow your own advice.




    I'm here because I chose to correct your clearly proven wrong accusations against my warden, not because Chris asked me to comment here.



    That, however, was not what I was commenting on and not what you have been reporting in the first place. What you reported, originally, and I'll cite it just so you remember:

    You are not talking about dying while the fight has not even started here. You are talking about the very hit that lands at combat start, and that happens to be the hit I explained.



    I've reported these acid pools doing next to no damage multiple times now, through the way SSG offered to us to report bugs (https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new).



    Accusing me of a bannable offense (exploiting) when clearly that is not the case is a big no from me. A mechanic that is not working has nothing to do with abusing a game error for advantage over other players (the very definition of exploiting). We do take damage from these puddles, it's not like we would be doing something that stops these puddles from doing what they do to every other player that runs this instance. We did not gain any unintended advantage over other players with our way of playing the instance. Stop claiming us exploiting until you have read and understood what you are saying (there's the code of conduct, that clearly names and explains this) and can prove your claim.



    The bug I was talking about was occuring due to the fact the boss didn't properly reset/despawn after a wipe.
    So, please confirm to me that, what you're trying to have fixed here is the following:
    After a wipe the boss doesn't despawn, causing him to aggro you way too early and thus making it rather difficult if not impossible to start the fight in a way you could actually control the skills the boss uses. Furthermore, there is a skill available to the boss meant to be used in case the tank gets pulled out of melee range while tentacles are active, that gets used and kills a player the second the boss is activated because tentacles from the previous fights have not despawned either.
    That is the bug I am talking about. You sure that's what you experienced when running the instance, and that I am in fact confirming what you are saying while disagreeing with you?



    I'd love to have instances asking for more than a mere understanding of basic mechanics and proper gear. We are talking about a rather small game here, though, and as development resources are limited, at least having mechanics that ask for players to be able to play their class just because the numbers don't add up otherwise is better than having no difficulty at all.
    Furthermore, you keep talking about Balchneth being no challenge at all, yet you were unable to kill him off (while claiming to have more appropriate gear for this fight than my warden). Seems there are some challenges involved after all. I'll name some for you, from this very fight:
    - Coordinating the group to never be more than 15m spread apart, while being pulled all over the place by tentacles and having to change position multiple times
    - Still being able to fill in your group role while being pulled all over the place by tentacles (caster classes especially)
    - Recognizing what timers are relevant for this fight, and understanding and using your skills accordingly to avoid high damage boss hits killing you off
    - Being able to track your own debuffs, and removing them fast enough for you to not die by a combination of boss spike damage and acid DoT effect, or LoE debuff
    Of course, no complete list of everything this fight involves. I'd love to have more mechanics at play so there's more challenge from mechanics than from mere numbers, but mechanics can become irrelevant if numbers don't match, and so I defend numbers from the mechanics we do get as to not loose even more. If SSG were to add more mechanics and then change up numbers so they keep on matching (even if that means lowering numbers on a single mechanic), they'd have my full support. Small game, though, so likely this won't happen and challenge derived from high numbers on a few mechanics is the next best thing I'm going to get.
    If you are defending something other than what I am talking about then why are you talking to me about it?

    As far as your warden, I was wrong, I said that several posts back, and yet you are still here defending the very bug I want fixed. What I quoted of the damage I took is the only time I could calculate the damage because I lived to see the remainder of my health, it was the same damage as that on the platform. 300k dmg after -75% SoD. My TM is in the low 40's, and I had a 10% tome. The reverse calculation should be mits, then buff/tomes. The SoD alone would place the initial damage at 1,200,000. Everyone was 2m off the wall when I took that hit and there was a herald which if distributed on to the herald, as you said it does, it would increase that damage to at least 2,400,000. That was moving up to engage the boss. The entire area from the ledge and even to the front tentacle grate was killing us, not during the boss fight. We tried every dumb thing to avoid it, standing on roots, standing on water, standing on grates, standing together, standing apart, standing on filth. There was no mechanic to avoid it.

    I'm glad you reported the acid, but you are still exploiting the bug while claiming to love challenge, and I see nowhere on the forums where you are campaigning for it to be fixed, just for bugs to remain. I didn't say it is an exploit to stand in it, that is a different sense of the word.

    The deaths I was getting was from the start, not after a wipe. The stage was visibly clear of boss or tentacles each time. If you were anywhere down below it could kill you without notice while stationary, and if anyone down below died, anyone up on the ledge would die at the same time. It hit everyone, the only thing that protected you was stealth. In one case all 3 of us were up top, one steps down and dies in the air.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 13 2020 at 01:50 PM.
    .


  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    If you are defending something other than what I am talking about then why are you talking to me about it?

    As far as your warden, I was wrong, I said that several posts back, and yet you are still here defending the very bug I want fixed. What I quoted of the damage I took is the only time I could calculate the damage because I lived to see the remainder of my health, it was the same damage as that on the platform. 300k dmg after -75% SoD, low 40's TM, and 10% tome. Just the SoD places the initial damage at 1,200,000. Everyone was 2m off the wall when I took that hit and there was a herald. That was moving up to engage the boss. The entire area from the ledge and even to the front tentacle grate was killing us, not during the boss fight. We tried every dumb thing to avoid it, standing on roots, standing on water, standing on grates, standing together, standing apart, standing of filth. There was no way to avoid it.

    I'm glad you reported the acid, but you are still exploiting the bug while claiming to love challenge, and I see nowhere on the forums where you are campaigning for it to be fixed, just for bugs to remain. I didn't say it is an exploit to stand in it, that is a different sense of the word.

    The deaths I was getting was from the start, not after a wipe. The stage was visibly clear of boss or tentacles each time. If you were anywhere down below it could kill you without notice while stationary, and if anyone down below died, anyone up on the ledge would die at the same time. It hit everyone, the only thing that protected you was stealth. In one case all 3 of us were up top, one steps down and dies in the air.
    What I can gather from this post is, that each time you died, the boss had been activated by some player in your group, as it does activate as soon as someone leaves the area right up to the wall, even if it is not yet visible at that point in time due to its spawn animation taking some time. Balchneths aggro range pretty much starts about 1.5m off the wall, so if someone were to step forward and not stand right up to the wall, or if anyone were to jump forward down into the pit instead of falling down straight and against the wall, it would activate him. If anyone were to land on a root and slip forward, it would activate him. You are not talking about anything I recognize as being a bug I've witnessed. Everything you say leads me to believe you took his distributed hit alone, as standing on the tentacle grate without the boss activating is simply impossible, but you seem to fail to realize that you are in combat when standing there, even with Balchneth not yet visible. You also seem to not know that SoD does not stack with other sources of damage reduction.

    I am in no way obligated to be campaigning in forums for something to be fixed, and I don't believe in doing so. Forums are a way to give feedback or suggestions, or to discuss with fellow players, not to try and force SSG to do something. SSG clearly states they want bugs to be reported through their form, so that's what I'm doing. However, as long as you keep on suggesting I'm commiting bannable offences by playing an instance the way it works right now (and not doing anything other than standing in puddles, accepting their damage being done to my character), I'm unwilling to really discuss this with you any further. Good luck in finding someone that supports your claims of "not getting mechanics equals mechanics being broken or simply a bug and not mechanics at all", I'll not be the one that does.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    What I can gather from this post is, that each time you died, the boss had been activated by some player in your group, as it does activate as soon as someone leaves the area right up to the wall, even if it is not yet visible at that point in time due to its spawn animation taking some time. Balchneths aggro range pretty much starts about 1.5m off the wall, so if someone were to step forward and not stand right up to the wall, or if anyone were to jump forward down into the pit instead of falling down straight and against the wall, it would activate him. If anyone were to land on a root and slip forward, it would activate him. You are not talking about anything I recognize as being a bug I've witnessed. Everything you say leads me to believe you took his distributed hit alone, as standing on the tentacle grate without the boss activating is simply impossible, but you seem to fail to realize that you are in combat when standing there, even with Balchneth not yet visible. You also seem to not know that SoD does not stack with other sources of damage reduction.

    I am in no way obligated to be campaigning in forums for something to be fixed, and I don't believe in doing so. Forums are a way to give feedback or suggestions, or to discuss with fellow players, not to try and force SSG to do something. SSG clearly states they want bugs to be reported through their form, so that's what I'm doing. However, as long as you keep on suggesting I'm commiting bannable offences by playing an instance the way it works right now (and not doing anything other than standing in puddles, accepting their damage being done to my character), I'm unwilling to really discuss this with you any further. Good luck in finding someone that supports your claims of "not getting mechanics equals mechanics being broken or simply a bug and not mechanics at all", I'll not be the one that does.
    I am aware of what the TT says. Your mitigations go first, then buffs which the TT applies to, I do not know how tomes are calculated in reference to it so I listed what I had. My incoming damage was far over 1,200,000 damage, with everyone off the wall and a herald. Even if that was just me alone, with mits applied then SoD that would be 2,000,000 undistributed damage or ~600k each if distributed to 3. It should be clear now how laughable the call for more morale and TM are, or mechanics. There is no excusing that, either as challenge or mechanic. Your groping around to explain it is just wasting both of our time, the numbers don't add up to the damage took, and the situation in which you say damage should be distributed is fully fulfilled with on extra pet for distribution and I had 2,000,000 damage coming my way.

    You are not obliged to campaign for anything, it just means very little to call for challenge when the only public effort you make is to keep bugs that provide no challenge in place. I just told you there are two senses of the word exploit so it's kind of contrived to find you return the same mistaken sense as if I'm referring to bannable offenses. Further, I don't care if you, some random person with an opinion and the internet, believes me or not, or experienced it or not, because 3 people have, as well as the OP.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 13 2020 at 07:10 PM.
    .


 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload