We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

PvMP Heavy Orc-craft & Fellwrought mitigations

lets be real SSG

orc craft and fell wrought mitigation is a RAW pmit cap of 655720

Armour value counts only for 20% of its total added pmit mitigation towards orc and fell wrought damage

the worst thing of it is that if you want to reach the cap, you gonna be over 750k p mitigation (with the 80% useless pmitigation counted up from armour value)

an urgent request to do something about this.

Heavy armour classes suffer most from this, e.g. champion, captain, guardian

not the beorn.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Nov 14 2019 at 12:10 AM.
    WhiteGoliath

Please leave me in my eternal slumber

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    lets be real SSG

orc craft and fell wrought mitigation is a RAW pmit cap of 655720

Armour value counts only for 20% of its total added pmit mitigation towards orc and fell wrought damage

the worst thing of it is that if you want to reach the cap, you gonna be over 750k p mitigation (with the 80% useless pmitigation counted up from armour value)

an urgent request to do something about this.

Creeps with all possible mits slotted can reach 44% so welcome in creep world mate! I'm sure freeps used to cap every possible stat may feel bad now numbers start looking impossible to reach but don't you worry SSG will give you 10-slot-per-piece raid armour and you will be walking Death Star in etten again. Just need to wait for this lovely raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    Creeps with all possible mits slotted can reach 44% so welcome in creep world mate! I'm sure freeps used to cap every possible stat may feel bad now numbers start looking impossible to reach but don't you worry SSG will give you 10-slot-per-piece raid armour and you will be walking Death Star in etten again. Just need to wait for this lovely raid gear.
    your avg creep comment

no, Im not interested in deathstar 10 slot pieces, I'm interested in being able to shift into one direction instead of being in a stupid brawl build all the time. I do not enjoy morale whoring, even tho its the current meta.

So to immediately react ''AAAH HE WANTS TO BE OP OP OP AAAH'' like your avg salty creep

no, just stop right there, I like to be able to fit my ''jack of all trades'' however I feel like and not be forced to go with 50 vitality essences cuz mitigations is almost impossible with this curve.
    WhiteGoliath

You in 1st step of gearing process (quest gear) and you expect your char be able to reach good stats? We all know how many gear progression you will have (looking at last lvl cap). So i don't really see point for your thread. If you will have problem to reach satisfying stats after you obtain raid set please come back here. Till then is just waste of time. You should never be able to be competitive against creeps (who are currently on their one and only progression step from lvl 120 to 135-140) in your quest /t1 instance gear. Don't be silly please.

Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    You in 1st step of gearing process (quest gear) and you expect your char be able to reach good stats? We all know how many gear progression you will have (looking at last lvl cap). So i don't really see point for your thread. If you will have problem to reach satisfying stats after you obtain raid set please come back here. Till then is just waste of time. You should never be able to be competitive against creeps (who are currently on their one and only progression step from lvl 120 to 135-140) in your quest /t1 instance gear. Don't be silly please.

first, I was never talking about quest gear, secondly, raid gear is never gonna offer the amount of slots for orc-craft mitigation. This cap has gotten steeper with every expansion, I'm not talking about the current expansion, I'm talking about it in general. This means last few expansions, we're talking here since the release of mordor.

I'm talking about the stat orc-craft in general, I'm not talking about progression in any way, idk how you got to it but whatever.

I'm also not talking about creeps, Im just talking about the mitigation stat itself, so stop involving progression, creeps.

The problem is that heavy classes suffer most from this, as their heavy armour value does not count up towards orc-craft mitigation, well to be precise, a mediocre 20%.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Nov 14 2019 at 12:12 AM.
    WhiteGoliath

first, I was never talking about quest gear, secondly, raid gear is never gonna offer the amount of slots for orc-craft mitigation. This cap has gotten steeper with every expansion, I'm not talking about the current expansion, I'm talking about it in general. This means last few expansions, we're talking here since the release of mordor.

I'm talking about the stat orc-craft in general, I'm not talking about progression in any way, idk how you got to it but whatever.

I'm also not talking about creeps, Im just talking about the mitigation stat itself, so stop involving progression, creeps.

The problem is that heavy classes suffer most from this, as their heavy armour value does not count up towards orc-craft mitigation, well to be precise, a mediocre 20%.
    Orc craft stat is only used in ettenmors (and some non end game instances no one care). Since mordor you have problem to cap this stat and yet since mordor your freep is vastly overpower against only opponent using this damage. Your mits will have no use against BAs using barrage as it ignore mits anyway so no need to trouble yourself with that stat. Any otcher creep you gonna fight using this damage is so weak that you just need to start campagin to nerf barrage and you will be fine happy and can walk around ettenmoors like Hercules or Achilles slaughtering poor souls unlucky to get on your way. Good luck mate! I'm sure SSG just wait to listen to your crying how tough is life of freep in lotro pvp.

The 20% contribution to non-common mitigations is intended to allow some damage to get through. All classes on both creep/freep have to deal with this same reality. It is working as intended. Changing this would break many things such as instances as damage figures from orcs rely on this calculation.

If damage taken is too high overall in PvMP the easiest way to deal with that would be to simply bump up all base mitigations while in the Ettenmoors for both freep/creeps or to lower damage output.

If you wish to spend all your essence slots on pmit in an attempt to minimize all non-common damage types, then have at it, but you'll probably do better to spend on vitality and focus on self-heals at least on cappy, IMO.

your avg creep comment

no, Im not interested in deathstar 10 slot pieces, I'm interested in being able to shift into one direction instead of being in a stupid brawl build all the time. I do not enjoy morale whoring, even tho its the current meta.

So to immediately react ''AAAH HE WANTS TO BE OP OP OP AAAH'' like your avg salty creep

no, just stop right there, I like to be able to fit my ''jack of all trades'' however I feel like and not be forced to go with 50 vitality essences cuz mitigations is almost impossible with this curve.
    Hehe DeathStar Armour

Wait for the next Storvagun or Ill Omen rewarding Mit Essence that tops a 50k stat. You know you'd go after 10 slot armour if it was released.

Vastin said sometime ago at the beginning of Ered Mithrin that capping stats would mean a sacrifice in other stats. Then lol Gold Essences appeared, making his statement essentially untrue. I imagine later, someone said. Look, the players love our Festivals and Skirmishes, including raiders. The data proves it.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Quote Originally Posted by NavarreBlood View Post
    The 20% contribution to non-common mitigations is intended to allow some damage to get through. All classes on both creep/freep have to deal with this same reality. It is working as intended. Changing this would break many things such as instances as damage figures from orcs rely on this calculation.

If damage taken is too high overall in PvMP the easiest way to deal with that would be to simply bump up all base mitigations while in the Ettenmoors for both freep/creeps or to lower damage output.

If you wish to spend all your essence slots on pmit in an attempt to minimize all non-common damage types, then have at it, but you'll probably do better to spend on vitality and focus on self-heals at least on cappy, IMO.
    I know, thats what I am forced to bias to atm.

I ran a 80% crit defence build for a while, it helped a lot with minimizing the inc damage. But sadly it didnt fit proper into the meta due blackarrows having a high (noncrit) dmg output.

Their skills ignore the damage reduction the captain offers and with those amount of dots, they do not need to slot crit.

a BA got 11k dps on me with 80% crit defence and 51% orc craft mitigation, he blasters through my morale like its nothing. Something like this needs to be fixed.
    WhiteGoliath

I ran a 80% crit defence build for a while, it helped a lot with minimizing the inc damage. But sadly it didnt fit proper into the meta due blackarrows having a high (noncrit) dmg output.

Their skills ignore the damage reduction the captain offers and with those amount of dots, they do not need to slot crit.

a BA got 11k dps on me with 80% crit defence and 51% orc craft mitigation, he blasters through my morale like its nothing. Something like this needs to be fixed.
    Yeah the crit defense build won't help against blackarrow barrage at all as you stated. The tooltip for barrage on the wiki states:

Barraging attacks cannot critical and they cannot miss, be blocked, evaded or parried.
    So there is a tradeoff on this skill - it can't crit but also can't miss. And the devs seem to have interpreted the language as they can't be mitigated. The skill is a channel and can be interrupted / los. So vitality and heals and interrupts / kiting around terrain or out of range.

Maybe you should accept SSG way of doing things? Maybe you have to accept BAs can destroy you same as creeps have to accept all freep classes can destroy us? Or no? Maybe you are some special boy who should be treated differently than rest of people who play lotro pvp? Welcome in world where you can't make troll build. Just wait till raid gear will be there and all will be right and easy for you again (yes i know you challenge yourself being solo as i challenge myself to piss against strong wind cause i like challenge when i could just do it in toilet and you could have easy in fraid).

I dont want to hear any freep complaining about mits as long as i'm getting hit like this Gandolfien scored a critical hit with Static Surge on Kateaclysm for 227,427 Lightning damage to Morale.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kate00 View Post
    I dont want to hear any freep complaining about mits as long as i'm getting hit like this Gandolfien scored a critical hit with Static Surge on Kateaclysm for 227,427 Lightning damage to Morale.
    kekw theres a difference in a light class and a heavy class, you just like to throw all freeps over one side. but what am I saying, discussing this with you is absolutely pointless.
    WhiteGoliath

the new horribad PVMP mits may be a way to work up a set of pvmp armour thats releveant in the moors, enough so that it will compel players to use it out there
    instead of pve armour sets.

They'll never force PVMP armour on anyone or disable PVE gear in the moors so just maybe its groundwork for viable alternative PVMP gear thats also not op for PVE

i'm grabbing at straws here but i'm an optimist

Mortem Tyrannis

Sorry, I am not sure what exactly you'd consider an improvement over the current state, or what effect of the current state you wish to have fixed, so I will guess some possibilities (and learn if I'm wrong later, I suppose).

1. One of the things you mentioned was morale stacking, so I will assume you wish for slotting mits to be as beneficial as slotting morale for Moors. That I can support, but I believe snares and barrage are a much bigger reason for the morale stacking than the bad state of mits (NavarreBlood mentioned the reasons) - mits seem very efficient against pretty much any other creep damaging skills.

2. You mention having to slot way too much phys mit for capping it (and having useless armour value), so I will also assume that you want gearing for PvMP to be more similar to gearing for other endgame content. Again, I believe the basis of the idea (if it is what you meant) seems good to me - lowering barriers of entry for freeps would be good. However, I'd very much prefer to get freepside PvMP armour that could be used to fix all these issues.

Ultimately, any change to freepside as impactful as the one you mentioned should be accompanied by some creepside changes, and I am rather skeptical about that going well (judging from the last creep stat update). Do you want the mit caps to become more accessible? Okay, but then creep damage would need to be buffed by a lot. Do you want armour to contribute more to non-common mits? Same case but even harder to implement since it affects tactical mit as well.

If it's not a problem, I'd like to hear more about what exactly you wish to change (specifics about what values or at least effects of values that you would consider to be ideal, etc).
    Some freeps (Brolad, etc) and creeps (Eightsocks) on Crickhollow, some creeps (Tibellus) on Evernight. Recently also a casual Jogger on Arkenstone.

Certified trash.

They could just make PVMP specific orc-craft and fellwrought essences to slot into equipment you can get from the normal game. We would need to have specific gear at that point since we would not use phymit and tactmit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaculous View Post
    They could just make PVMP specific orc-craft and fellwrought essences to slot into equipment you can get from the normal game. We would need to have specific gear at that point since we would not use phymit and tactmit.
    Agree.I am not going to grind and fill another raid set only with mitigation so i can have some decent mits for orc craft and fellwrought for coming to ettens.They should introduce a new raid set especially for ettens and those essences too.How hard can it be, sets already exists just make them 130 lvl with better bonuses.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Agree.I am not going to grind and fill another raid set only with mitigation so i can have some decent mits for orc craft and fellwrought for coming to ettens.They should introduce a new raid set especially for ettens and those essences too.How hard can it be, sets already exists just make them 130 lvl with better bonuses.
    I dont agree, coz those mits you can increase with physical mitigation essences. 2 more essences will make more choices and make gearing up for ettens even more complex coz you'll need to choose from 4: pm/tm, oc, fw. It will be even more work for devs to balance all those things out when they are struggling with what they have atm. Balancing ettens is a hard work in the first place. Another tier of balancing coz of new essences wont be a move in the right direction imo. Lotro doesnt have mirrored classes on both sides and when freeps always progress with new content creeps mostly stay the same, so numbers for creeps should be adjusted with every new pieces of gear for freeps to be more fair. Doesnt work with resources ssg have, i think.

Different set of pvp only gear isnt good choice for lotro as well. Population in game isnt that high, for playing freep you must be a sub, so its even less ppl. Most of those ppl who play in ettens as freeps do that when they have nothing else to do in pve. Adding pvp gear will make ppl to grind even more in ettens where you dont have reliable way to get comms apart from evening fights when there are enough ppl to play it at all. Newcomers will be in huge disadvantage compared to those who play in em often so they may not come back for all this grind since they have enough for pve with lis etc. Lets be fair pvp in lotro is in very basic state compared to modern mmorpgs with pvp. Big example was adding a new map which noone plays if its not planned event between those who left in em. So yeah, new things in ettens will add more grind and will be even harder to balance. Experience from other games with pvp show the same, there is no pvp gear in wow, swtor, gw2 and many other games and it works very well. And those games have way bigger pvp population to test what is better.

Stacking fw and oc mits to cap isnt a good idea, just live with it, you have some alternatives like getting some pm+vit. Changing armor contribution to other mits in a first place will cause a big troubles in pve. Maybe change armor contribution to fw and oc can be a thing but in that case you would move balance towards freeps being in better state. This will add more work but same thing can be achieved with balancing creep stats only like devs do now.