We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Why does this turn into this?! (See Pic)



    So, is there a good reason as to why a box that is not bound in any way yields items that are bound to account? I opened the boxes because I knew what mats a friend needed to make the equip I wanted, and now I can't send the mats I pulled from the box. Seems silly and pointless. Fix please?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookedmouf View Post


    So, is there a good reason as to why a box that is not bound in any way yields items that are bound to account? I opened the boxes because I knew what mats a friend needed to make the equip I wanted, and now I can't send the mats I pulled from the box. Seems silly and pointless. Fix please?
    Yes there's a good reason; so crafters who are not running the instances where the boxes drop can also obtain them
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

    The Ascensio

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41
    Specifically being a crafting item it shouldn't be bound at all. Are we all supposed to have an army of crafting alts? This is surely an oversight and will be changed to be "in line" with other crafting material designations.

    Gms should give you your boxes back.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by xcentralx View Post
    Specifically being a crafting item it shouldn't be bound at all. Are we all supposed to have an army of crafting alts? This is surely an oversight and will be changed to be "in line" with other crafting material designations.

    Gms should give you your boxes back.
    Where's the problem?
    The box isnt bound, why would it matter if the contents inside are as long as you can trade the box?
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

    The Ascensio

  5. #5
    Fingerz... seriously? I don't have a problem with the box not being bound. I realize it's so that crafters who can't do the instance can still get them. What I don't understand is WHY make the thing that comes out of the box bound to account? The way it is now, you have to send 10 boxes to a crafting alt, then the materials instead of being able to send one mail that has everything the crafter needs to craft the item you want. There's literally zero point to making the items that come out of the box account bound. All it does is frustrate people who make the mistake of trying to be organized with their mats when they send them. (Because it then makes them unable to send them, and you're just sitting there staring at crafting mats you can't use)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minas Morgul
    Posts
    1,550
    I agree with OP that it doesn't make sense the items inside are bound and it's confusing because the box isn't. I'm glad I saw this as I was under the impression they weren't bound.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookedmouf View Post
    Fingerz... seriously? I don't have a problem with the box not being bound. I realize it's so that crafters who can't do the instance can still get them. What I don't understand is WHY make the thing that comes out of the box bound to account? The way it is now, you have to send 10 boxes to a crafting alt, then the materials instead of being able to send one mail that has everything the crafter needs to craft the item you want. There's literally zero point to making the items that come out of the box account bound. All it does is frustrate people who make the mistake of trying to be organized with their mats when they send them. (Because it then makes them unable to send them, and you're just sitting there staring at crafting mats you can't use)
    I hear what u say as I'm also liking to keep things "tidy" and free from the clutter and I guess mistakes can happen as you wrote in your OP.
    As things stand atm it's not exactly a hard to work around for this by sending the box rather than the item so I'm not convinced it's a huge deal but I take your point it can't hurt to have the craft item itself also unbound.
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

    The Ascensio

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload