We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Sad to say that that seems to be the point. It's still locked behind instance as well. I have given up on crafting with these ridiculous requirements. It seems they want to please those who get the gear anyways and keep up key sales for those who don't play the content that gives good gear. I think when we requested a crafting update we were always referring to guild crafting up to Westemnet and would have liked intro recipes for levelling as well. As far as I have read none of this happened.
    Absolutely nothing to craft between level 121 and level 130. And you have to again barter for the recipes at level 130. I have no idea what it takes to craft those recipes only that guild recipes, which are extremely few to begin with ( pretty much a worthless guild update ), have items you need to craft them by running the instances. Which NOBODY wanted but since SSG doesn't care about us crafters, we get what we get. If you haven't spent money on the update, then don't is my suggestion. I won't spend real money on it because of how poor the crafting update is. They can and really really should do better but it just takes them seeing us crafters as paying customers as well and apparently they have blinders on that prevent them from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Absolutely nothing to craft between level 121 and level 130. And you have to again barter for the recipes at level 130. I have no idea what it takes to craft those recipes only that guild recipes, which are extremely few to begin with ( pretty much a worthless guild update ), have items you need to craft them by running the instances. Which NOBODY wanted but since SSG doesn't care about us crafters, we get what we get. If you haven't spent money on the update, then don't is my suggestion. I won't spend real money on it because of how poor the crafting update is. They can and really really should do better but it just takes them seeing us crafters as paying customers as well and apparently they have blinders on that prevent them from doing so.
    This is true, but it's not their fault. They are being led down a path by some that have their ear, who think that the only players that deserve any kind of reward in this game, are people that do harder content. While harder content should carry "extra", it shouldn't totally dominate the reward tables - which is does in the age of the game now.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Crafting has been a HUGE disappointment for me. I don't mind some recipes be gated, but at the VERY LEAST, we should have a purple level crafted set of armor, weapons, jewelry, etc.... just like we got a level 80 set, a level 90 set, and a level 100 set.... we should get at LEAST a level 110, 120 and level 130 fully purple crafted set that is decent enough.

The teal recipes can then be gated behind the current reputation dailies.

I know why they are doing this, as they just want to keep us busy till they release the next level 130 zone in the spring somewhere, and then introduce teal recipes with that zone..... so if a purple set is too much to ask, get us a GREEN fully crafted set. Give us a full crafted set for level 130 one way or another that isn't gated behind anything - except MAYBE the craft guild - and put the fancy stuff behind a gated vendor.

I have been doing dailies now for 2 weeks straight, and not having spend money on reputation accelerators, (and being poor on marks/meds) I finally was able to barter for ONE recipe this week, and as a tailor I am looking at 14 (7 light, 7 medium, they couldn't even put the cloak in one recipe) recipes to barter for, which is probably the most of any crafter. At this pace, I would be running dailies for about 10 more weeks, assuming I can get either 1 or 2 recipes in a week and not miss any dailies.

Crafters should really be given a break. Even the guilded crafting was sort of an insult..... sure, it was NICE to be able to not have to grind guilded crafting and just get there in 4 quests within 10 minutes, but then be presented with ONE guilded recipe? That's not even funny, that is an insult. I would rather grind a month making patterns to get the guilded rep and then be granted a full set for my craft then this insult to injury.

I'm probably not even going to bother getting any other crafts beyond my tailor and jeweler guilded at this point.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    So it's the customers' fault...again?
    The fault is thoughtless decision who get you caught in bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jokor View Post
    The fault is thoughtless decision who get you caught in bad situation.
    "Thoughtless decisions" by the customers...or by the Devs?

I just want to be clear what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    You do not need White Company rep to barter with these guys, you need Reclamation rep, which you will only learn about once you are done with the expansion quests and hit 130. The way to get reclamation rep is consuming these barter items you talk about. How to get the barter items? At L130 you will get daily quests to run all 4 instances. The quests give you the barter items. Barter recipes are gated behind Reclamation rep so first you have to consume these items to gain standing, then you can start using them to barter for recipes.
    can you run the 4 instances solo or do they need to be run duo or trio? and can you run them on a lower level than 130 to get the Reclamation rep barter items?

thanks

You can run them solo and it counts. And you can run them at lower level, like 123. They are bone-dead trivial then. (I am a casual soloer Warden, so this is not an 'anyone can do T2' Mukor-statement) Of course, you get a lot less marks/meds, but relic rewards are same. Boss chests have a small chance to give Ithilgald components.
    I find it very easy to do them solo on 130 as well. More marks/meds (to buy those small rep tomes). Maybe higher chance to get craft components, but I did not notice a difference.
    Duo version seems to have pretty much all mechanics of 3-man, I can solo the duos at 125 easy. I can solo Harrowing and Roost duo at 130, but Barrow and Filth are tougher.
    In duo, boss chests actually drop items. (Yellows) at 125 it is ilvl 403-404, at 130 you get like 409. Some are not too bad and they can be ashed, and might yield Ithilgalad boxes.

The minimum level to set the instance to is 121. Any solo, duo, or 3 man run at any level counts toward weekly and daily rep quests. For me, harrowing is easiest and most profitable - 2 dailies + crafters steel daily. Shadowroost next but only 1 token. Filth is easy but tedious at low level for 2 tokens + the other crafting daily. Barrow is just annoying. For some classes it is pretty doable to run alone in duo and you get green armor/jewelry drops at the level of the instance. I use this to equip alts if the drop is good. Apparently you can get purple drops on 3 man. Probably try that on harrowing. Tried it on barrow and didn’t get past the first boss before I got tired. It’s a small area. Others would find it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    You can run them solo and it counts. And you can run them at lower level, like 123.
    Just be aware that the two quests from Tordoron won't drop their items in solo runs below level 130. To complete the quest weekly on solo you will need to run at least two of the instances at cap level. Or at least go far enough in to kill enough mobs to drop the items.
    Last edited by Edelhardt; Dec 07 2019 at 05:01 AM.
    "Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

I have been disappointed with crafting since the level 85 tier of recipes, and angry after getting the level 100 crafting recipes. So, I have a Plan A and a Plan B: Plan A is to halt my future characters at a level when the crafting upsets me; Plan B is trying other games that are heavily into crafting. When I learned last week that the newest tier requires a drop from a 6-man instance, I started looking for alternatives. From googling, I found several to try this winter: Gloria Victus, Villagers and Heroes, DOFUS, Fallen Earth, Ryzom and WURM.

Some of the screenshots are horrifying from those games but they would surely have to offer other armor than thongs and bras.
    Cinders, Cinderl, Cinderm, Cinderc, Cinderb, Cinderk, Cindercha, Cinderw and WildlingVal of Landroval:)
    Proud Officer of "Kings Beyond the Wall" kinship:)

Quote Originally Posted by Edelhardt View Post
    Just be aware that the two quests from Tordoron won't drop their items in solo runs below level 130. To complete the quest weekly on solo you will need to run at least two of the instances at cap level. Or at least go far enough in to kill enough mobs to drop the items.
    This is not true. I've run them at 122 dozens of times and the quest items drop every time.

Quote Originally Posted by PerinStone View Post
    This is not true. I've run them at 122 dozens of times and the quest items drop every time.
    Interesting. I ran them a number of times at 121 and the items stubbornly refused to drop. Perhaps 122 is the cutoff?
    "Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Edelhardt View Post
    Interesting. I ran them a number of times at 121 and the items stubbornly refused to drop. Perhaps 122 is the cutoff?
    Within 8 levels of the player.

Which is exactly how it works for the Skarhald dailies. There is a quest to get three items that drop in the instances but none of the items drop at all if the mobs are gray to you. Fortunately there is no great need to do the item quest since you cannot set the level of the dungeons to allow you to get the items.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Which is exactly how it works for the Skarhald dailies. There is a quest to get three items that drop in the instances but none of the items drop at all if the mobs are gray to you. Fortunately there is no great need to do the item quest since you cannot set the level of the dungeons to allow you to get the items.
    Acctually You can set LvL's on the Ered Mithrin "Dungeons"/instances, no not the skarhald resource instances as they have fixed levels, but the regular instances Caverns, TG, Glimmer etc. Those items can drop from mobs there too. However only specific instances drop specific items.

Glimmerdeep (the real instance)
    Grey Mushroom
    Old Pitons

Caverns Of Thrumfall
    Scrub Moss
    Delvers Plaster
    Dragons-Stone

Thikil-Gundu (the real instance)
    Crafter's Lead
    Mineral Salt

I set them to 122 now that I'm 130 and still can get those items drop from random mobs. Sometimes I only need to enter say caverns and kill a worm and "Scrub Moss", "Delver's Plaster", or "Dragons-Stone" drops. Sometimes I play almost whole instance to end before they drop. It's very random. Sometimes even on the last boss. Sometimes You see a mob body light up and You need to loot them, sometimes the item is auto bestowed. It varies. I'm talking about solo version of the instances. They are not that hard. I started doing that when 120 was till cap as well. Often it is quicker to go in, kill a few mobs, get the items in those instances and get 10 Mark Of The Longbears than to do resource instances to get the items.

I was, as you noted, referring only to the resource instances that one enters by taking a quest from a Skarhald NPC. So at 130 one can only do them at 120.

With level 130 gear there isn't a lot to gain from doing anything in Skarhald.

Basically unless I'm forgetting something there is faction to gain for the few LP it gives, there is a goat, there are cosmetics, there are a relatively small number of motes (which can be turned into figments).

Given that there are now two higher level quest hubs giving dailies this makes perfect sense.

Question Do they know what they are doing?

One thing I've learned is always play during the first week of an expansion. With Mordor I got landscape drops that could be ashed - changed after first update. With Minas Morgul, I was able to max my weaponsmith crafting guild and run around Morgul Besieged to get enough ore to make two swords before the first update. While I thought 40 ingots was a little stiff for the ingredients, it turned out it was a blessing when I saw the new requirements after the first update. I thought maybe the Ithilgalad crafting box gave you 10 of the Special Item so I traded 10 SoE's to someone for a crafting box only to find out it was only one item. You need 10 boxes which just don't seem to fall very often in the instances (1 out of my first 15 runs). I did get a couple jewelry drops soloing the duo runs at 123 on a couple but the "disenchants into crafting material" is a bit misleading as it is just a common piece of material. They could at least make them disenchant to 100 ash or something useful. The Sigils are useless after you get your Return to Estolad so I just let it sit maxed out. So many things they could have done better with this expansion. I'll do my 5 instances per week for the embers and go back to my alts the rest of the time. Maybe someone will figure out what they got wrong on crafting and fix it.

I actually got a few Ithilgalad boxes disenchanting duo chest loot. Though mostly it was just regular mats....

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    I was, as you noted, referring only to the resource instances that one enters by taking a quest from a Skarhald NPC. So at 130 one can only do them at 120.

With level 130 gear there isn't a lot to gain from doing anything in Skarhald.

Basically unless I'm forgetting something there is faction to gain for the few LP it gives, there is a goat, there are cosmetics, there are a relatively small number of motes (which can be turned into figments).

Given that there are now two higher level quest hubs giving dailies this makes perfect sense.
    Yes I note that, still motes was what I was thinking of to be worth getting. Nice to have 10K motes stored up along with 10K Figmenst when The Curator finally just shows up totaly randomly out of nowhere. Especially when some stuff cost like 7.500 motes for one item on The Curator. Also for gear for alts that are doing those areas, from Mordor to The vales of Anduin, it's good to have motes before they hit 121 and can not open Mote Boxes for gear anymore. To have a full set of LvL 120 teal mote boxes (former ember boxes) gear when start Mordor Besieged and Minas Morgul sure makes a big difference. So unless one is at 10K Figments and Mote caps, it is definetly worth it in my opinion. As soon as hit 10K mote cap, convert them to figments, then repeat until both are capped.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Dec 09 2019 at 01:33 AM.

Lightbulb

I actually got a few Ithilgalad boxes disenchanting duo chest loot. Though mostly it was just regular mats....
    So far only regular mats for me on any such gear disenchnated. Did You get that recently or just after release ??? As it seems alot of the rare crafting ingredient drops have been NERFed and alot rarer to get unless one runs T3. Seems You need to run T3 to get anything really worth it now. Making things like those ingredienst pretty much off limits for alot of players. To gather 10 of the rare ingredients will take ages now if only rely on RNG in T1 and T2 solo, duo even 3-man and not go for guaranteed T3 3-man drops.

It's nearly always regular mats.

I get the feeling this was done because soon, new ember gear is going to drop in coffers and lootboxes, and maybe they're kinda hoping that players will be too intent trying to get rare crafting mats from instance gear burns, to notice that nothing can be burned down for embers. A distraction.

Not gonna work. Players are only quiet about it now because there is nothing good at the ember barter. That's gonna change.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's nearly always regular mats.

I get the feeling this was done because soon, new ember gear is going to drop in coffers and lootboxes, and maybe they're kinda hoping that players will be too intent trying to get rare crafting mats from instance gear burns, to notice that nothing can be burned down for embers. A distraction.

Not gonna work. Players are only quiet about it now because there is nothing good at the ember barter. That's gonna change.
    Yup, the same reason SSG did not include a weekly quest to hand in sigils for 1.000 Embers, like we had in Skarhald at start, later turned into 2 x 500 split between Skarhald and Hultvis, still resulting in 1.000 weekly embers. No such weekly quest in Minas Morgul although there is a ridicolous cap on Sigils that is account shared, so we have no reason to even take alts through as we hit that cap in no time and nothing worth getting for the sigils after we get the few items there are. That is if we want a gazillion banners (no not really a gazillion I know) in various colours or a wolf pet for the 100th time. Then ignoring and giving it the silent treatment when people ask as to why there is no such weekly quest so that we at least have some use for the sigils. The obvious reason for such silence is that it would not sound good if they openly admitted that it's to make people buy more lootbox keys.

It's clear that this expansions is aimed at making embers even harder to get from acctual gameplay. As i said, Only one motive for that that I can see, that is to push people into buying lootbox keys to try get gear and embers that way. It was marketed as embers being an alternative way to gear up for solo players etc, not quite as good gear as from instances but still pretty good. Good enough to sometimes nbe able to participate in some instance runs wearing it. An alternative for players that can not play 24/7 and farm instances all the time. Now it seems that alternative route is going more and more via the store and lootbox keys. Not an alternative way from gameplay as much anymore. I used to think Embers was an ok alternative way in Ered Mithrin and Skarhald, but now not so much, as it only seems to be there to push lootbox key sales now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    So far only regular mats for me on any such gear disenchnated. Did You get that recently or just after release ??? As it seems alot of the rare crafting ingredient drops have been NERFed and alot rarer to get unless one runs T3.
    Quite recent actually, one from yesterday, soloing a Harrowing duo 130, ashed an ilvl 409 neck. My box count so far from solo/duo runs is 18.

Lightbulb

Quite recent actually, one from yesterday, soloing a Harrowing duo 130, ashed an ilvl 409 neck. My box count so far from solo/duo runs is 18.
    Woah !!!

Well depending of course on how many runs You've run total to get 18 boxes ???

Also it's still only enough for 1 and almost 2 gear pieces. Insane really.

Sthrax is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Wandering, but not lost
    Well, isn't that special... I've gotten a total of 8 boxes over the last two weeks running each of the instances every day- 112 chests opened in total granting a whopping 8 boxes. Between this horrible joke for special crafting items, terrible distribution of recipes and a meaningless guild tier tacked onto crafting, they couldn't have messed up crafting more if they had tried.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast