We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

64 bit launcher & Windows 10 v1903

Hello, I've been playing LOTRO on the 64 bit launcher until the latest Windows 10 update 1903. Now when I launch the game the screen is completely black and I need to restart my computer. The 32 bit launcher works fine. I've tried reinstalling DirectX, installing Visual C++ and enabling it, running the program in compatibility mode and as an administrator, disabling the game bar and game mode of Windows 10, disabling firewall and antivirus, but still nothing. Any solutions?

My computer is a notebook MSI GL75 95E with:

• Windows 10 Home 1903
    • Intel i7 9750h
    • Nvidia RTX 2060
    • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 256 GB SSD PCIe (where LOTRO is)

Quote Originally Posted by Saultre View Post
    Hello, I've been playing LOTRO on the 64 bit launcher until the latest Windows 10 update 1903. Now when I launch the game the screen is completely black and I need to restart my computer. The 32 bit launcher works fine. ............. Any solutions?

UPDATE to my own post

There are some more Threads in different Forum Tables about problems with the 64-bit client in combination with Window-Updates, without solution. So it seems to be a general problem.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rk-32-bit-does
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...aracter-select
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...launcher-issue

Hi Saultre
    Sorry, i can't provide a solution - just want to let you know, i recognized a similar behaviour.
    As a recomer (not playing for about 3 Years) i downloaded the new client to my PC also with W10 1903 and played with the 32bit-client without troubles (unless some lags, as it was the last sunday).
    Playing with the preferences i've seen "Oh, theres a 64-bit beta client, just try it." But without success, also got always only black windows.

• Windows 10 Home 1903
    • Intel i5 3570k
    • AMD R9 390 X with latest Drivers
    • 32 GB RAM
    • 1 TB SSD SATA (where LOTRO is)
    Last edited by Nihria; Nov 12 2019 at 08:05 AM.

Having the same issue on my new laptop. On my desktop been playing the 64 bit client fine since launch, but tried it on my laptop and just a black screen after I select the server, have to restart the computer. 32 bit plays just fine.

I finally got 64 bit to work. I submitted a ticket, but all I got back was to play in 32 bit mode because they are still working on 64 bit. However, what I did was right click on the LOTR icon and tell it to run in high performance mode and everything works. Not for sure if this will help anyone else, but it worked for me.