We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Would anyone take the time to explain how to transition from red to yellow at 130? I have only played as red and would appreciate some tips to have a yellow build.
    There's plenty of yellow line guides around but as basic:
    Legacies need to be yellow ones, with imbued items it's easy to check which ones but except scribe spark (it's useless even with legacy) all others are useful. (Thought I am starting to consider removing epic conclusion from rotation completely too.
    Skills : basic skills are Ceaseless argument, writ of lightning and essence of lightning. Then shocking words hit hard too and sustaining bolt. Vivid imagery is worth using off CD even in single target fights, same as static surge if you're close to melee. EC hits pretty low and consumes the closing remark buff so I don't even use it.
    Gearing: same as every other dps class though I'd prioritize critical rating since damage from lightning comes basically from crits and dev hits.
    P. S. Since you really don't use EC and can survive without using writ more than once and not using sustaining bolt, concession and rebuttal can be kept up most of the fight at least in 15-10% damage reduction so it's handy for surviving in instance fights.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    There's plenty of yellow line guides around but as basic:
    Legacies need to be yellow ones, with imbued items it's easy to check which ones but except scribe spark (it's useless even with legacy) all others are useful. (Thought I am starting to consider removing epic conclusion from rotation completely too.
    Skills : basic skills are Ceaseless argument, writ of lightning and essence of lightning. Then shocking words hit hard too and sustaining bolt. Vivid imagery is worth using off CD even in single target fights, same as static surge if you're close to melee. EC hits pretty low and consumes the closing remark buff so I don't even use it.
    Gearing: same as every other dps class though I'd prioritize critical rating since damage from lightning comes basically from crits and dev hits.
    P. S. Since you really don't use EC and can survive without using writ more than once and not using sustaining bolt, concession and rebuttal can be kept up most of the fight at least in 15-10% damage reduction so it's handy for surviving in instance fights.
    Thank you so much for the reply. However, I have done some searching and reading for updated yellow line guides, but haven't been able to find much of anything. Can anyone post a link or two for an updated guide?

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply. However, I have done some searching and reading for updated yellow line guides, but haven't been able to find much of anything. Can anyone post a link or two for an updated guide?
    It's not a guide but just a short overview I made for a few kinship members, but it should at least give you an impression of the yellow line.
    The yellow line looks something like this. I wouldn't use an Epic Conclusion because it consumes both yellow buffs, resets you to neutral attunement, and the damage isn't good at all. You can put the remaining skill points either in red for the improved self-motivation or in blue for the AoE bubble.



    If you don't necessarily want to squeeze the last percent of damage out of the runekeeper, one damage stone and bag is enough for fire and lightning and looks something like this.



    The rotation of the yellow line is also simple in itself.



    Press Vivid and Essence on CD, Static Surge if available, keep the debuff of Writ on the target up and Sustaining if you have the buff. For the rest of the time simply press Ceaseless. I would refrain from using Shocking Words and Scribe's Spark, the damage is way to low and Shocking bring you back to neutral attunement.

  4. #29
    Thank you so much - this is very helpful.

    What points do you put into red along with the yellow for this build?
    Last edited by Elexia; Nov 19 2019 at 03:42 PM.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Thank you so much - this is very helpful.

    What points do you put into red along with the yellow for this build?
    Like I said, I'd take the improved self-motivation in the red line:

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalvon View Post
    Like I said, I'd take the improved self-motivation in the red line:
    My trait setup is pretty similar. With the buff to the Fulgirite runestone, though, I do put full points in it now. Its area of effect is now larger, it persist for longer and there are now multiple stun chances. additionally, it seems to hold agro a lot better than it used to when dropped into a group of NPCs. I use this stone a lot more now than I have in the past. I'd also, for sure, use a point to get EC. EC, used at full attunement and with C&R up, can hit like a loaded cement truck traveling at high-speed. It pretty much doubles EC's damage. In those battles where you're fighting an elite mob and both your morale and theirs are very low, this skill can make a huge difference as a kill-shot!
    Last edited by Nouri; Nov 20 2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalvon View Post
    It's not a guide but just a short overview I made for a few kinship members, but it should at least give you an impression of the yellow line.
    The yellow line looks something like this. I wouldn't use an Epic Conclusion because it consumes both yellow buffs, resets you to neutral attunement, and the damage isn't good at all. You can put the remaining skill points either in red for the improved self-motivation or in blue for the AoE bubble.



    If you don't necessarily want to squeeze the last percent of damage out of the runekeeper, one damage stone and bag is enough for fire and lightning and looks something like this.



    The rotation of the yellow line is also simple in itself.



    Press Vivid and Essence on CD, Static Surge if available, keep the debuff of Writ on the target up and Sustaining if you have the buff. For the rest of the time simply press Ceaseless. I would refrain from using Shocking Words and Scribe's Spark, the damage is way to low and Shocking bring you back to neutral attunement.
    I disagree with not using Shcoking Words, it can crit/dev for numbers close to 200-300k from what I have seen, and the fact it brings you back to zero attunement is negligible considering it's not exactly difficult to reraise said attunmenet, and aside from this skill, what other skill (In the rotation you have displayed) would ever bring down your attunement? (Other than perhaps using EC with C&R).

  8. #33
    I use shocking words in the moors all the time. Just wait for the fury pot/stun immunity to expire, and then zap at full-attunement. It typically does a ton of damage, and you get the stun (or stun and slow w/ C&R). It can take half of a warg's morale in one shot. If C&R isn't active, I'll use it every time it's off CD and I'm at full-attunement unless debuff immunity is up on the target.
    Last edited by Nouri; Nov 20 2019 at 04:04 PM.
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I disagree with not using Shcoking Words, it can crit/dev for numbers close to 200-300k from what I have seen, and the fact it brings you back to zero attunement is negligible considering it's not exactly difficult to reraise said attunmenet, and aside from this skill, what other skill (In the rotation you have displayed) would ever bring down your attunement? (Other than perhaps using EC with C&R).
    I don't agree, although Shocking does more damage than Ceaseless, you'll end up doing less DPS. By the loss of the attunement you also lose the +% Crit Chance and Crit Damage per attunement from the yellow passive line. Therefore there is actually no reason to bring down the attunement in yellow. In addition, you also do much less damage by losing attunement than Shocking would do to Ceasless and rebuilding the attunement is not that easy in yellow as in red. Only Essence brings you 3 attunements and is in the worst case on CD. Ceasless brings only 1 attunement and pressing the stone for the 3 attunement again means a loss of DPS. So in the end, its just better to not press Shocking Words. Anyway, anyone can play as they please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    I use shocking words in the moors all the time. Just wait for the fury pot/stun immunity to expire, and then zap at full-attunement. It typically does a ton of damage, and you get the stun (or stun and slow w/ C&R). It can take half of a warg's morale in one shot. If C&R isn't active, I'll use it every time it's off CD and I'm at full-attunement unless debuff immunity is up on the target.
    The rules for Etten are completely different. I only started from PvE, in PvP Shocking is super strong.
    Last edited by Kalvon; Nov 21 2019 at 04:24 AM.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    and aside from this skill, what other skill (In the rotation you have displayed) would ever bring down your attunement? (Other than perhaps using EC with C&R).
    the goal of the yellow rotation is not to spend your attunement for a "big hitter", as there are no longer "big hitters" (that consume attunement).... it simply isnt worth
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

    LotRO since 2007

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    361
    Yellow Rk become amazing its even better than long time ago that i remember.Questing with my RK now is like walk in a park,dont have to wait for those inductions while in red to kill just one mob,2-3 hits and everything is down.Looking forward to gear him up and hit the ettens.
    Good job SSG.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    PRIME--Evernight
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Good job SSG.
    Good job?

    Lightning issues:
    - Scribe's Spark has become useless, since Ceaseless Argument is better in every aspect.
    - Attunement Consumers aren't worthwile, because continuously zapping with attunement builders yields more damage.

    Healing issues:
    - frost affinity bug not fixed
    - low AoE healing
    - Additional Bubble effects (dmg reduction, heal) still vanish when bubble gets popped
    - and more

    RK's have been improved, but this balance pass is far from finished.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Good job?

    Lightning issues:
    - Scribe's Spark has become useless, since Ceaseless Argument is better in every aspect.
    - Attunement Consumers aren't worthwile, because continuously zapping with attunement builders yields more damage.

    Healing issues:
    - frost affinity bug not fixed
    - low AoE healing
    - Additional Bubble effects (dmg reduction, heal) still vanish when bubble gets popped
    - and more

    RK's have been improved, but this balance pass is far from finished.

    Yes in yellow they did good job, from the moment that you kill everything with 3 skills you dont need those that you mention and if you want to ask for something useful ask for +2 wrath of fire skills pulse in red so dont have to use 115 lvl gear to 130, all other things have small matter.
    You have a very good Red line for doing group play and raids,you have now a great damaging yellow line for questing and pvp and you have descend blue line that you can heal in every 3 and 6 man and if you are good enough even in raids.What else you want god mod?
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    PRIME--Evernight
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    114
    well just looking at the result, they did indead a good job imo, yellow line is very competitive and yellow /red are very close together atm, both lines have their advantages and disadvantages...

    the way they got there may be not the "cleanest" so to speak ^^ ... many skills in yellow are now useless and more than half of the dmg comes from ceaseless argument...some may dislike this... but at least, its competitive ^^

    but this may also change again with new incoming raidsets and -bonuses
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

    LotRO since 2007

  15. #40
    All they did was a flat increase of numbers of certain skills, plus some minor changes to heals cool downs to compensate for the numbers. Class mechanic, class issues and terrible class balance were not adressed. In a couple of months when good gear finally be avaiable, the class performance, Blue and Yellow lines in particular, will start to decline to become obsolite again in a year or so.

    The same is true for Captain, Warden and the rest of classes that have received some buffs. Without a complite overhaul of all the classes we'll never get them working again all the time. Only Minstrel, Guardian and Hunter are more or less fine because they took the least changes with Helm's Deep update.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    All they did was a flat increase of numbers of certain skills, plus some minor changes to heals cool downs to compensate for the numbers. Class mechanic, class issues and terrible class balance were not adressed. In a couple of months when good gear finally be avaiable, the class performance, Blue and Yellow lines in particular, will start to decline to become obsolite again in a year or so.

    The same is true for Captain, Warden and the rest of classes that have received some buffs. Without a complite overhaul of all the classes we'll never get them working again all the time. Only Minstrel, Guardian and Hunter are more or less fine because they took the least changes with Helm's Deep update.
    Holy macaroni why so many people constantly see only the negative sides... Yes, there are still bugs that should be fixed and some improvements that we would like to see. Instead of always seeing only the negative sides, simply try to offer constructive criticism. SSG also has limited manpower and can't do everything immediately. They said after the big rework now all classes will get even smaller changes. The fact that the yellow line is now viable and the blue line can probably also used in groups/raid isn't nothing now and is a good start. Where the rune-keeper will be at the end we will only see when the set bonuses are announced, before that everything is just speculation.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Yes in yellow they did good job, from the moment that you kill everything with 3 skills you dont need those that you mention and if you want to ask for something useful ask for +2 wrath of fire skills pulse in red so dont have to use 115 lvl gear to 130, all other things have small matter.
    You have a very good Red line for doing group play and raids,you have now a great damaging yellow line for questing and pvp and you have descend blue line that you can heal in every 3 and 6 man and if you are good enough even in raids.What else you want god mod?
    I don't want god mode. I want this class overhaul to be finished. At the moment, about 3/4 of the work is done, 1/4 still open. This is 3/4 of a good job, so not a good job yet.

    Don't get me wrong, I do quite enjoy zapping mobs in landscape now.

    Kalvon asked for some constructive criticism. Here's mine.

    - Scribe's Spark has become useless, since Ceaseless Argument is better in every aspect.
    Needs its damage a bit buffed, and/or some kind of debuff, so it is worth to be used again in our standard rotation. Debuff: Maybe something like +5% incoming tactical damage for 10 seconds?

    - Attunement Consumers aren't worthwile, because continuously zapping with attunement builders yields more damage.
    The main problem with the three consumer skills: If they don't crit, damage is low, and attunement is zeroe'd, so lower damage and crit for everything that follows.
    Sustaining Bolt: Can be used when "Charged" buff is open, doesn't consume attunement then. No change needed imho.
    Shocking Words: Consumes attunement. At least, gives a decent stun. Not sure if change is needed.
    Epic Conclusion: Probably worst of the three at the moment. Consumes attunement and Closing Remarks buff if present. Good damage if it crits, low if not. People report never using it actually increases their DPS. Definitely needs something changed. Maybe give it an auto crit if is consumes Closing Remarks?

    - frost affinity bug not fixed
    Change "Sets outgoing healing modifier to 20%" to "Gives a bonus of 20% to outgoing healing". This is how it works for all other healing classes. Can't be that hard.

    - low AoE healing
    Some suggestions: Increase healing stone healing so it gets worthwile. Let Epic for the ages do an AoE heal every time when Truly Epic is skilled, not only when it crits. Increase splash healing radius by a large margin, so it has a chance to affect other fellowship members.

    - Additional Bubble effects (dmg reduction, heal) still vanish when bubble gets popped
    Change those effects to buffs that are independet from the bubble itself.

    - Un-nerf Fates stone
    Has been nerfed too hard imho. Undo the radius nerf, maybe up damage reduction from 20% to 30%.
    Last edited by Gorikon; Dec 03 2019 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Typos.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload