We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Download Issue

Download Issue

I assume this was the right place for this thread; if not, sorry.

I'm using Windows 7. I've been trying to download the game for the past few days. It will download a portion of the .dat files, stop at 99%, and restart that portion over again. The highest total percentage I got to was 84%, where it was downloading the sound files (99% then lost progress), then the total percentage dropped down to 62%. At this point, it will resume downloading only to get back to 84% and restart itself. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times, turned off my antivirus, tried running as Admin, Compatibility mode AND both at once. I've looked on the forums for a possible fix, and the latest post I found was dated back in 2014. I have no idea what's happening. Help!

Edit: I think I fixed it. I uninstalled the game again, and deleted anything LotRO-related in the %appdata%\Local folder. I'm currently re-installing the game, saving each .dat file elsewhere in case of failure so I won't have to download it again, and so far I'm having no issues. The culprit was finalizing the client_sound.dat file - it would fail every single time except for this last time.
    Last edited by thedarksmurf; Nov 07 2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Update

Nope, didn't work. Still giving me trouble with client_sound.dat. I've been at this for the past 5-6 days, so I'm calling it quits.