We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: grey tails

grey tails

quick question what good are the grey tails and glowing essence?

6 Chestnut Road(Home) - 8 Long Street (Kin)- Herbroke, Bree - Landroval

Those and many other items of similar type are what they call 'task items'. Throughout Middle Earth, you can find task boards (denoted by a gold quill on the map) that offer mini quests (tasks) to turn in 10x of certain task item for some xp and reputation. At first you are limited to 5 tasks per day, but as you turn in more tasks, that limit can grow to 10/day.
    You can also sell those items to vendors for coin. At higher levels, after a bit of questing/doing dailies, those accumulated task items can easily sell for a few gold.
    Rule of thumb, if you are working to max some grindy reputation, find out what task items will advance that rep, and hold on to those - and sell the rest.

I really enjoy handing in tasks, and I didn't really process how lucrative that stuff is if you aren't using it for reputation. Have no tasks to hand in currently, and all of a sudden I'm drowning in money.

Not all items marked as task items actually have tasks. It's kind of haphazard. If I'm not sure, I look them up here: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Tasks_Bulletin_Board
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Thumbs up

I thank you very kindly for the info

looks like i"ll be selling a bunch of fodder now

One useful technique for dealing with tasks is to check the task board when you return to a location after completing quests. Take tasks for items that you already have in your inventory and turn them in immediately. Once you complete your task limit for the day sell the rest. Sometimes I will keep a full stack of 50 or two just so that I can turn them in at the start of play the next day.

At higher levels you will discover that some task items are used in multiple regions and can use this to your advantage. For example, Puntured Shields and a couple of other items drop from mobs in Great River and can be turned in both in Great River and in Eastern Rohan (Riders of Rohan region). When you get a War Steed in RoR you can drop back over the border and ride it around Great River while knocking off some deeds there and getting used to controlling the clunky War Steed. Then go back to Harwick in RoR to turn in the task items because they give War Steed XP in Harwick and you can level up that steed a bit with them.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com