We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yellow RK vs red RK dps

So I'm hearing around from some people that yellow is now the best dps spec, is this true ?

Quote Originally Posted by Petter11 View Post
    So I'm hearing around from some people that yellow is now the best dps spec, is this true ?
    We'll see at end game with a decent raid setup but I guess red will be better due to debuffs and taking advantage of -30% fire mit from LM.

All I can tell you is the Vales dailies were easier on my Yellow RK today than they were yesterday.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Yellow now is significantly better than before. It is sort of like champ very dependent on +% to crit and high +% to crit damage from legacies (fury of storm damage and crit damage) and built up using the yellow trait lightning skill buffs to a high level. Red is more consistent and uses DoTs but yellow gets up to +125+% crit damage bonus and looks like 60+% crit probability. Very simple to play as you can spam 3 buttons and just run around serial killing to stay in combat. You don’t use finishing skills as the goal is to keep max attunement.

I don't think Yellow will ever surpass Red due to the Damage over time of the latter. That being said, Yellow now has 6 skills that will hit for 120k or higher consistently. I wouldn't get too used to that, however. As soon as it gets around, the usual suspects will trot into the forum and demand a nerf because it exceeds their own personal dps.

PS: I'm a cynic.

Currently on landscape with a very very sub optimal yellow RK, I am one shotting mobs 1 level below me when I devastate, 1 and a bit with a crit and 3 CA for no crits.

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

Without firesupport (solo/threemen)
    yellow>red
    otherwise
    red>yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    yellow>red
    otherwise
    red>yellow
    What do you mean? What’s firesupport?

And yes that’s true, yellow is doing much more damage than red right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinGreenleaf View Post
    What do you mean? What’s firesupport?

And yes that’s true, yellow is doing much more damage than red right now.
    Im raven etc.

yellow>red
    otherwise
    red>yellow
    I guess if it's a 3 man or 6 man with no LM yellow will be best, since captain will buff yellow rks more (attack duration and crit chance). It's good that finally yellow got some use.

yellow>red
    otherwise
    red>yellow
    Iam not certain if thats the case , esp. if u wear the abyss-set , also you are getting more advantage of the cappys attack duration buff.
    I also think you benefit more from +inc damage buffs than the fire rk cause ur critcal multiplier is much better , only time will tell tho.