We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    How are freeps 1 shotting?
    I love how you answered your own question by quoting the screenshots of freeps 1-shotting with LS
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Brolad View Post
    From the point of view of someone who has been semi-active on both sides lately (spider, filer, burg, hunter, LM, BA, reaver, mini), pretty much most of my freep classes and one of my creep classes just feel too dirty post-update to play in PvMP.

<Clipped>
    Excellent post.

Overall the biggest problem is clearly the lack of mitigations/base stats for both sides, lack of Gear for Freepside, base stats being a complete joke. There are some classes like Burglar who are clearly wildly broken regardless of the status of Creep mitigations, others like RK that probably are fairly balanced if Mits and morale are brought up appropriately.

Freeps need mandatory PvP armor, with any and all PvE armor disabled. If I'm being greedy, limit trait tree points too, and throw in some class specific nerfs on the "Monster Play" buff, stuff like disabling Knives Out in the Moors for example. Once we see that, then we can talk about BA Snares, Barrage (why does this skill even exist in the first place), and redistribution of claws damage.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

you mean the ss where bas are at gv somehow camping freeps who are doing 1 mill dps?

do you realize how stupid that makes you look? your whole arguement is void when 20 ba's are sitting at gv camping freeps who are so op doing 1 mill dmg yet were the ones getting 1 shotted and are stuck at gv mostly.

if freeps were really doing that damage do you think we would be stuck at gv constantly? if were op it would be no challenge for any freep especially those doing 1 mill dmg lol smh

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    I love how you answered your own question by quoting the screenshots of freeps 1-shotting with LS

bas are at gv somehow camping freeps....

... 20 ba's are sitting at gv camping freeps...

.... do you think we would be stuck at gv?

You're almost there... keep thinking!

you mean the ss where bas are at gv somehow camping freeps who are doing 1 mill dps?

do you realize how stupid that makes you look? your whole arguement is void when 20 ba's are sitting at gv camping freeps who are so op doing 1 mill dmg yet were the ones getting 1 shotted and are stuck at gv mostly.

if freeps were really doing that damage do you think we would be stuck at gv constantly? if were op it would be no challenge for any freep especially those doing 1 mill dmg lol smh
    You've been playing since the days of BAoS and Vyxe but don't know the difference between being one shotted and focused? Incredible!

You aren't showing screen shots of damage because you can't. That happens when you stand on the stairs heal tagging with hots. Any decent healer with the awareness of a mole can tell when to heal someone about to be focus fired.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

tell that to the dead freeps at gv i couldnt get a heal off fast enough to who were 1 shotted by a ba period ill ask you not to spread misiniformation
    First off you shouldnt be playing this game if you dont know the difference between being 1 shot and ff'd.

second its not always a gv camp on arkenstone. In fact the last few days when i've played its a grams camp cause guess why? BURGS ARE ONESHOTTING PEOPLE AND THERE ARE TONS OF BURGS OUT.

third, i have no idea who you are but your ss showing a camp is not the same thing as a ss showing damage.

fourth the freeps that are camped at gv have no idea how to play. they are bad and poorly geared.

lastly you need to stop. no one is calling for freep nerfs exactly, there asking that creeps get scaled. Whats gonna happen is you are gonna keep going and we are all gonna start calling for skills and damage to be turned off or reduced in the moors. I'll start ....

disable df completely along with knives out. get rid of burg aoe attacks and reduce the damage of flashing blades, coup de grace, and one or two other skills. Thats just burg and one stupid hunter skill... i can keep going.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

jljohnson4 is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    The Sly and Cunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate00 View Post
    First off you shouldnt be playing this game if you dont know the difference between being 1 shot and ff'd.

second...BURGS ARE ONESHOTTING PEOPLE AND THERE ARE TONS OF BURGS OUT.
    I couldn't agree more with your first point Kate. Below is a SS of my two strongest skills used from stealth and crit on you. Combined they don't equal your total morale pool. One good heal and you're right back in the fight. Two skills a one shoot does not equal. The insta death you were experiencing was actually two burgs hitting you at the same time (Focus Fire if you will)… #irony

Rastlyn: Burglar, Naltsar: Guardian, Reistlin: Hunter, Reistlan: Runekeeper
    A Burg's Eye View

Quote Originally Posted by jljohnson4 View Post
    I couldn't agree more with your first point Kate. Below is a SS of my two strongest skills used from stealth and crit on you. Combined they don't equal your total morale pool. One good heal and you're right back in the fight. Two skills a one shoot does not equal. The insta death you were experiencing was actually two burgs hitting you at the same time (Focus Fire if you will)… #irony
    Ok, so you put out more than 370k damage (more than a Warg's morale pool unless running two morale corruptions), skills that can be chained with addle for delivery in a little less than a second. But yeah, that's not a 1-shot technically. Does the fact that Lightning storm has several instances of damage and requires ancient craft to hit as hard is not 1 change the absurdity of its damage? What about Bestial claws and the fact that you can't technically 1 shot anyone with it? What about Snares and the fact that it's technically a DoT and not a 1 shot?

C'mon, man. Bringing semantics into stuff like this is such a silly and petty thing. Maybe you can't 2-shot Kate, but there are a ton of other Creeps out there who have to put up with being 2-shot in a window of time by other Burgs.

The Sly and Cunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    more than a Warg's morale pool unless running two morale corruptions
    Hey congrats! You found the solution.

C'mon, man. Bringing semantics into stuff like this is such a silly and petty thing.
    1 skill = enough damage (without heals) to kill someone. Aka one shot. Regardless if the skill is multiple hits or DOT. One set of ba snares currently hits me for 400k+ guaranteed damage. 14k per hit at 33 hits over 20s. I’m simply stating the facts. It’s not my problem you find them “silly” and “petty”. Though I find it odd you think so only when the facts don’t agree with you.

A Burg's Eye View

1 skill = enough damage (without heals) to kill someone. Aka one shot. Regardless if the skill is multiple hits or DOT. One set of ba snares currently hits me for 400k+ guaranteed damage. 14k per hit at 33 hits over 20s. I’m simply stating the facts. It’s not my problem you find them “silly” and “petty”. Though I find it odd you think so only when the facts don’t agree with you.
    Right, slot 2 morale to simply survive a standard burst option from rotational skills on a Burglar- genius. Oh, nevermind, Wargs have lower base mitigation than Defilers right now (negative mitigation), so we'll probably take a lot more than 370k damage from those two skills. I'll just slot 4 pmit, 4 tact mit, 4 morale, and smile and wave at all the Freeps I can't kill.

No, you're being silly and petty by pretending that there's a big difference between killing someone with two skills that can be chained together and an actual 1 shot.

The Sly and Cunning
    you're being silly and petty
    Opinion noted. If it’s all the same to you though, I’ll continue to place my support with the facts... which does not include your opinion

A Burg's Eye View

Right, slot 2 morale to simply survive a standard burst option
    As a burglar I'd like to point out that what Rastlyn did isn't even a standard burst option, it's what is done by people who don't know how animation cutting works.
    Let's not forget that the rotation can be instantly replicated by using a cooldown (in multiple different ways, you can either reset skill cooldowns or HiPS and repeat the from-stealth burst.

I also have 2 questions about it, since the numbers seem slightly low in comparison to what I'm used to seeing (but still high enough to most likely rule out the loss of positional damage boost):

Rastlyn, how much mastery and crit did you have?
    Kate, how many phys mit/crit def (lol this stat) corruptions did you have?

I'd assume Kate is using 5-6 phys mits and Rastlyn is not going straight for offensive stats - if Kate had fewer phys mits then Rastlyn is aspiring to be a burglar tank.
    Some freeps (Brolad, etc) and creeps (Eightsocks) on Crickhollow, some creeps (Tibellus) on Evernight. Recently also a casual Jogger on Arkenstone.

The Sly and Cunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolad View Post
    it's what is done by people who don't know how animation cutting works.
    Incorrect. I know how animation cutting works.

430ishk mastery. 310ishk crit.

A Burg's Eye View

even if we take this petty technicality of deaths not being truly "1-shot" if it takes 2 skills, even though the death is instantaneous.... lets look at the total damage capacity.

You, a tanky burg with 250k morale, hit a (supposedly) tanky defiler for 370k over the course of 2 seconds, with AOE skills that have 3 target max.

You have the capacity to deal 1.1 million damage across 3 targets instantly, and when combined with another burg, have the capacity to AOE insta-kill 3 creeps from stealth, with those creeps not having any chance to respond because the damage to each in those 2 seconds exceeds their total morale pools.

This amount of AOE damage against a side that also has almost no AOE healing abilities when compared to freepside, with the only AOE healing being the old broken Warleader.

Meanwhile, no creep skills even come close to being able to AOE 1-shot any amount of freeps, because creeps have no AOE to speak of... and even if they did, the amount of AOE healing freeps have is enormous. Thus we see the massive disparity between freeps and creeps, even in this absurdly high DPS environment.

first - i was wearing 5 phy mits cause there were 4 burgs not 2
    second - i had tome of defense
    third - i had the damage reduction food
    fourth - rastyln cant kill me solo so he waits in the back till i'm half dead then oneshots the rest of my moral pool. rastyln isnt a good burg.
    fifth- we seriously need to do something to help him cause his obsession with me is old

lastly its sad seeing freeps with 100k+ more moral than i have

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

Regardless of the definitions of one shots and the petty arguing that's going on from both freeps and creeps, the only thing I want are fights that aren't solved with the press of (depending on pre-combat buff/prep skills) 2-4 buttons.

Burgs that can singularly one or two shot some higher ranked creeps from stealth is not fun.
    Hunters that can one or two shot with Heartseeker and Flaming Upshot higher ranked creeps from stealth is not fun.
    LMs that AoE one shot higher ranked creeps with Lightning Strikes is not fun.
    RK that hit higher ranked creeps with Vivid Imagery for 300k damage and 120k Ceaseless Arguments is not fun.
    Walking through a BA snare and watching those un-pottable DoTs inevitably destroying freeps regardless of gear/rank is not fun.
    Getting stunned by a Warg and getting wrecked by claws regardless of gear/rank is not fun.

The simple fact that the vast majority of a freep and creep morale can be taken away in only a few seconds or less with one or two skills is not fun.
    The fact that a lot of fights are decided oftentimes in five seconds or less is not fun and is only rewarding to those who like the instant gratification of a fast and easy kill.
    The fact that without Snares, Barrage, and Claws and maybe a few other skills across across creepside would leave creeps in a massive hole is not fun.
    The fact that creeps still have skills, traits, and (de)buffs that are still at level 50 levels is not fun and to be frank, quite insulting.
    I can't say for certain about some freep classes because I only ever seen Burg, Hunter, RKs, Bears, and the random LM out, but the fact that several months ago it would take a full creep fellowship to really take down some freep classes is not fun.

I just want fights that make you use more than just two or three skills and that don't last only a handful seconds. I want fights that really make your heart beat faster because it's such a close and entertaining fight. I want fights that force you to learn your class outside of the skills that make everything an instant win and those skills that are slotted right next to them to escape. I want fights that in a random one-on-one encounter that last a minute or more where you use a large array of skills.

Call me a crazed optimist, but the only thing I want and hope for is fun and relatively fair fights. I'm sick of all this petty bullsh*t of people protecting their pride over a stupid pixelated character. I'm sick of people constantly jabbing everyone stirring up drama. I know it's inevitable but I'm still sick of it. I just want to play LOTRO PvMP and have fun doing it. I am also aware that Turbine (I know it's SSG, but this mess started rolling with Turbine) is going to do jack squat about making this game's PvMP more enjoyable and that if I want fun playing a fun MMO I should go elsewhere. But the thing is LOTRO still brings me and plenty of other people back.

Sorry I got carried away, but I stand by everything.

~A frustrated, angry, exasperated, and insulted customer.

3 creeps with 470k morale and 3 phys mits each, dead in 1.5 seconds to one burg. hmm balance anyone? @Vastin - are you on the job?

rastyln cant kill me solo
    By far the hardest part of killing you, for a solo player, is finding you, without a full fellow, and/or 2 or more other Defilers just to keep yourself up.

rastyln isnt a good burg.
    Some serious Dunning–Kruger effect on display here.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r13 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    By far the hardest part of killing you, for a solo player, is finding you, without a full fellow, and/or 2 or more other Defilers just to keep yourself up.

Some serious Dunning–Kruger effect on display here.
    Thats bs since i'm almost always solo. Wait who are you again? Anybody know?

The Sly and Cunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    You, a tanky burg with 250k morale, hit a (supposedly) tanky defiler for 370k over the course of 2 seconds, with AOE skills that have 3 target max.

You have the capacity to deal 1.1 million damage across 3 targets instantly, and when combined with another burg, have the capacity to AOE insta-kill 3 creeps from stealth, with those creeps not having any chance to respond because the damage to each in those 2 seconds exceeds their total morale pools. Thus we see the massive disparity between freeps and creeps, even in this absurdly high DPS environment.
    Here. I'll help you just this once. First: Ba put down snares. Ba stand in snares. Congratulations. I now have to use every heal I have just to survive the 1v1 encounter (two sets of snares = guaranteed death). Next for warg: warg use track skill. Warg locate burg. Warg attack burg. All from stealth damage from the burg is now rendered useless. Much success. I'd bet real dollars that 80% of all creeps logged on at any given point are either a ba or a warg. The other 20% also benefit from the the 80%'s usage of these counter measures. The above mentioned easy counter measures work extremely well. This is proven by the fact that I don't just log in and slaughter every one of you instantly. If you choose to abandon these extremely easy counter measures and someone takes advantage of your negligence, you only have yourself to blame for your death. Seeing all these posts is one thing, but I don't think I've actually witnessed anyone talk about how the creep community can improve their situation in game with their own efforts. Instead all I'm hearing is "SSG this game is too hard. Please change it for me". You'll get no sympathy from me. You'd rather have someone change the game to suit what you want instead of putting out your own efforts. Both freepside and creepside have new hurdles to overcome. The differences between myself and the creeps here is you'll find me out in the moors learning how to overcome said hurdles... not crying nerf on the forums.

first - i was wearing 5 phy mits cause there were 4 burgs not 2
    second - i had tome of defense
    third - i had the damage reduction food
    I am shocked... you actually found the solution to getting "one shot" on your own. And you didn't even need the Devs to change the game's coding for you. Now I expect we'll hear no more of this "i'm getting one shot" talk from you. Although it's obvious at this point that was a lie anyway. Regardless Kate... proud of you =]

A Burg's Eye View

The other day, I played a defiler in the moors, a few friendly freeps were trying to get something going for the evening...
    I understand how it is when an expansion is just released, and it's especially more obvious when the raid comes out some time after the expansion... But it took about 4 freeps to take me out and we had a great time playing bully the Orc, I suspect they were level scaled too.

But... This is the cracker...

A mid ranked RK with Anvil gear came up, hit a solid 200k damage, not bad...
    That was nothing, because I encountered a LM later on... I kid you not, he hit 3 400k hits on me.
    I'm not complaining about freeps being ridiculously OP, we all know they are, my point is... Creeps have once again become worse for wear due to how scaling works.
    A while back they increased the morale pool of creeps, they might just have to do that again just to prevent easy one shots, at this point some freeps have about the same amount of morale as creeps, and the issue is only going to be worse when raid gear comes out.
    -Askelin: 120 Warden who has a bear for a wife.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premium meats since 26/12/17

___You will stand there and take it!___

The differences between myself and the creeps here is you'll find me out in the moors learning how to overcome said hurdles... not crying nerf on the forums
    FFS no one is crying nerf. they are crying to be buffed and scaled properly. geez.

First: Ba put down snares. Ba stand in snares. Congratulations. I now have to use every heal I have just to survive the 1v1 encounter (two sets of snares = guaranteed death). Next for warg: warg use track skill. Warg locate burg. Warg attack burg. All from stealth damage from the burg is now rendered useless.
    Cool story bro. L2P your Burg.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Next for warg: warg use track skill. Warg locate burg. Warg attack burg. All from stealth damage from the burg is now rendered useless.
    Wait, I got this one

Scenario 1: Burg uses FF immediately on pounce, TnG+KO, and now Warg has to Hips or Die

Scenario 2: Burg uses KO once tracked, Warg pounces, Burg uses FF and Warg has to Hips or Die

Scenario 3: Burg doesn't have KO or FF, that's ok! Brand+HIPs and then the Warg has to Hips or Die

Scenario 4: Burg has nothing, Burg presses "Ready and Able," and now Warg has all 3 scenarios to play through all over again!

Oh, and Burg can use morale pots too, and if Warg doesn't use Fury pot, heck, you FF+TNG+IFA+Provoke and you don't even need KO!

Anytime a Warg kills a Burg, it's through incompetence, gross overextension, or compassion on the Burglar. The hurdles at the moment for Burg players are simply being bad at the game, luckily enough for many creeps (same goes for most BAs/Wargs, too). There's your factoid of the day, bud!

Roaming - AFK - Roaming - AFK - Roaming .... (A common creep life)

Thumbs up

Next for warg: warg use track skill. Warg locate burg. Warg attack burg. All from stealth damage from the burg is now rendered useless.
    You must be some awful player if you can't actually counter & kill a warg, regardless of stealth damage, you have aim skill, knives out, double T&G, and more... not to mention 260k morale pool. The problem are not the creeps, the problem is you're too bad, and needs to play burg or lm, and failing...
    [Creep status: Ultra casual] | [Freep status: Retired since 2011] | LotRO since March 30, 2007 - Proud Game's Founder

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast