We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Embers/motes - Ered Mithrin

Ok, so Ered Mithrin dailies (reclaiming the Grey) now awards motes. Only 300 motes by the way - which is very low. I assume the Hultvis dailies also award motes now, but cannot test it until it resets on Thursday.

The ember barter at Ered Mithrin and Hultvis, both have level 120 gear, but embers (same prices as before) are required to barter for it. Anvil jewels and weaponry are the same.

Is this an oversight?

How are people supposed to earn embers in these level 120 areas to barter for their gear? Only motes can be earned, until I presume - level 130 end game. Are they supposed to open lootboxes for embers? Because right now, that seems the only way to get embers for the level 120 gear.

This changes things. Lootboxes may not have been able to be labelled as P2W before because embers could be earned by playing the game, but no level 120 player can run through MM content, get to ember earning potential, without their level 120 gear - which they need embers for.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Ok, so Ered Mithrin dailies (reclaiming the Grey) now awards motes. Only 300 motes by the way - which is very low. I assume the Hultvis dailies also award motes now, but cannot test it until it resets on Thursday.

The ember barter at Ered Mithrin and Hultvis, both have level 120 gear, but embers (same prices as before) are required to barter for it. Anvil jewels and weaponry are the same.

Is this an oversight?

How are people supposed to earn embers in these level 120 areas to barter for their gear? Only motes can be earned, until I presume - level 130 end game. Are they supposed to open lootboxes for embers? Because right now, that seems the only way to get embers for the level 120 gear.

This changes things. Lootboxes may not have been able to be labelled as P2W before because embers could be earned by playing the game, but no level 120 player can run through MM content, get to ember earning potential, without their level 120 gear - which they need embers for.
    I agree that it's all weird, but maybe the Vendor Ember Boxes are meant for end-game as it scales. Now in Ered Mithrin You are supposed to barter for purple gear with Marks Of The Longbeard in Skarhald (a few teal pieces too for marks of the longbeards), or run LvL 120 instances to aquire gear, as well as quests. Then in Hulvis from the 3 barterers, the Beorn, Elf etc for their different currencies. They have all pices for full teal sets. They are there as the only options now, wellmacctullay purple gear to for Gulmarks from another barterer. I dont think You area meant to spend embers in the vendors embers boxes when LvL 120, unless You really want to. Keep Your embers until LvL 130 and barter and open them then. Don't waste it on Ered Mithrin and The Vales as You are just movingt through on Your way to LvL cap area I guess.

As for the low amount of Motes rewarded. I agree and pointed that out with screenshots on the BR forum under beta 1 already, but few reacted.
    Link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...03#post7965603
    That it's acctually harder or takes more time and work to earn same amount of Motes for non end-game than it used to take to earn Embers due to the rewards being lowered. Or take same time and effort but rewards less motes than it used to reward embers, if You prefer to put it that way. That is not logical to me. It should have been made easier if anything, as it's not end-game anymore. At the very least reward the same amount of Motes as it used to reward Embers.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Nov 05 2019 at 06:28 PM.

Is this an oversight?

If this is NOT an oversight...this is a low blow...even by SSG standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I agree that it's all weird, but maybe the Vendor Ember Boxes are meant for end-game as it scales. Now in Ered Mithrin You are supposed to barter for purple gear with Marks Of The Longbeard in Skarhald (a few teal pieces too for marks of the longbeards), or run LvL 120 instances to aquire gear, as well as quests. Then in Hulvis from the 3 barterers, the Beorn, Elf etc for their different currencies. They have all pices for full teal sets. They are there as the only options now, wellmacctullay purple gear to for Gulmarks from another barterer. I dont think You area meant to spend embers in the vendors embers boxes when LvL 120, unless You really want to. Keep Your embers until LvL 130 and barter and open them then. Don't waste it on Ered Mithrin and The Vales as You are just movingt through on Your way to LvL cap area I guess.

As for the low amount of Motes rewarded. I agree and pointed that out with screenshots on the BR forum under beta 1 already, but few reacted.
    Link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...03#post7965603
    That it's acctually harder or takes more time and work to earn same amount of Motes for non end-game than it used to take to earn Embers due to the rewards being lowered. Or take same time and effort but rewards less motes than it used to reward embers, if You prefer to put it that way. That is not logical to me. It should have been made easier if anything, as it's not end-game anymore. At the very least reward the same amount of Motes as it used to reward Embers.
    Well if that's how it's working it's just pants. A player arrives in EM at level 115, run the content and barter for some purple gear. They then have to run the Vales in that purple gear, and run dailies forever to get some teal gear, to start MM. They'll be level 130 before they get past the entrance.

Ember Worthy Craft quest still rewards 1000 Embers once per week. Needs 7 Dwarrowgleam Shards, Live.

Other "Ember" swap quests for Gulmarks and Longbreads still have the Embers in title but didn't reward Embers BR#3.

You can still decon current gear above around 376 item level obtained for the gear barter boxes to claw back some embers.

You are NOT supposed to level up to 120 and look for gear to equip. You are now expected to buy a valar 120 make ILIs and stumble into MM content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Ember Worthy Craft quest still rewards 1000 Embers once per week. Needs 7 Dwarrowgleam Shards, Live.

Other "Ember" swap quests for Gulmarks and Longbreads still have the Embers in title but didn't reward Embers BR#3.

You can still decon current gear above around 376 item level obtained for the gear barter boxes to claw back some embers.

You are NOT supposed to level up to 120 and look for gear to equip. You are now expected to buy a valar 120 make ILIs and stumble into MM content.
    I'm standing in game now wearing Anvil gear ilvl 382+. It deconstructs to motes (yet still costs embers to buy). My pocket piece, which is an old ember bartered item, is the only thing that will deconstruct into embers.

So one weekly hand in for 1000 embers, that needs 7 shards, that can be earned at the rate of two per week. So 3.5 weeks for 1000 embers, when a piece of gear is 3500 embers. RIP new players to the area.

Question

Well if that's how it's working it's just pants. A player arrives in EM at level 115, run the content and barter for some purple gear. They then have to run the Vales in that purple gear, and run dailies forever to get some teal gear, to start MM. They'll be level 130 before they get past the entrance.
    I didn't say it was smooth, just that it seems to be how it is. I pointed it out already in Beta #1, few even noticed or reacted, but it's still the same way on live now.

As I also reported during Beta #1 in this post.

Link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...01#post7965601

Is it still the same on live then and wrong names on quest and all ??? Why didn't anyone react as strongly back then before release ??? I mean it was this way during Beta 1 already. Possibly if people had reacted back then it would have been tweaked, fixed etc, as well as adjusted updwards or whatever. Maybe everyone hoped or assumed it would change. That would be a logical assumption I guess. Can't blame anyone for that.

Lightbulb

I'm standing in game now wearing Anvil gear ilvl 382+. It deconstructs to motes (yet still costs embers to buy). My pocket piece, which is an old ember bartered item, is the only thing that will deconstruct into embers.

So one weekly hand in for 1000 embers, that needs 7 shards, that can be earned at the rate of two per week. So 3.5 weeks for 1000 embers, when a piece of gear is 3500 embers. RIP new players to the area.
    Yes ili 382 Anvil gear costing Embers must be an oversight. Seems they ran some autoscrips that only replaced Embers for Motes in some cases, but missed alot.

Why didn't anyone react as strongly back then before release ??? I mean it was this way during Beta 1 already. Possibly if people had reacted back then it would have been tweaked, fixed etc, as well as adjusted updwards or whatever. Maybe everyone hoped or assumed it would change. That would be a logical assumption I guess. Can't blame anyone for that.

As you said, I suppose everyone thought that SSG would surely fix it before it went "live". That's been a frustrating assumption for some time now.

Thanks for all your early research...even if few listened.

Yes ili 382 Anvil gear costing Embers must be an oversight. Seems they ran some autoscrips that only replaced Embers for Motes in some cases, but missed alot.
    Not all ilvl 376 gear deconstructs into embers either. I've just checked out gear on other alts. Looks like only gear bought from ember barters (and maybe anything that dropped from lootboxes) gives embers, everything else gives motes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    As you said, I suppose everyone thought that SSG would surely fix it before it went "live". That's been a frustrating assumption for some time now.

Thanks for all your early research...even if few listened.
    Np. That is what BR is for in my opinion, or should be anyway. When I have time I am happy to help and test stuff. I had very little time after that during Beta #2 and #3 unfortionetly. Did report some graphical or art display issue with some bow, as well as some Guild recipes all yielding same crafted outcome and not various outputs. I hope that at least have been fixed before it went live ???

Link 1: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...55#post7966955

Link2: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...57#post7966957

Plus feeback on various weird itemization and scaling issues in various replies/posts among the threads.

I also added images of the new barter Armour (that was added on br at that time) and gave my feedback on the art-design of those. At that time itemization, ili etc was so weird that I felt it no point even adding the stats, as they were all weird.

Link 3: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...50#post7965750

If only I had more time to acctually sit by the PC and play while BR is up I would have tested more. With limited time I also had to play some on the regular servers to not totally fall behind on what I am doing in-game.

I prefer to act pro-actively, in hopes things gets fixed before release, than simply have to react after the fact.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Nov 05 2019 at 07:39 PM.

The level 120 gear boxes are available for motes - found them in Galtrev (didn't check Bree, but probably there too). The ones in Skarhald and Hultvis require minimum level of 121 and cost embers.

Lightbulb

Not all ilvl 376 gear deconstructs into embers either. I've just checked out gear on other alts. Looks like only gear bought from ember barters (and maybe anything that dropped from lootboxes) gives embers, everything else gives motes.
    Well, then it surely sounds like some auto script that have missed some things. Then after needed manually inspection and tweaking but never was. Sounds a bit rushed to me, but yeah, things happens I guess.

I have gotten the feeling from various Cord Streams that SSG hire in contracted staff from Daybreaks pool of staff before a bigger expansion to complement their own staff. I guess some of them might not be 100% familiar with the old engines codes and all it's more than a decade old peculiarities and such. Cord even said in one of the latest streams that they had been contracted to launch on the 5th, whatever that means ??? SSG contraced by whom ??? maybe meant that they have a contract with the publishers or someone to launch on the 5th ??? Maybe just the wording that I don't understand or read something into that its' not. Nothing I have spent too much time pondering over, but still found it an interesting way to put it.

I wonder if the naming error I reported on the quests themselves is still there too ??? Still called embers in quests when supposed to be called motes now. That in itself is not really a big issue or game-breaking, just the naming erorsa I mean, but still thoroughly reported before launch in Beta #1 already with info, screenshots and all. Oh well, I've stayed up too late again already, talking to You guys here. Enjoyable and all but keeps me up. Time to start d/l and hopefully fall asleep within not too long.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TexanHobbit View Post
    The level 120 gear boxes are available for motes - found them in Galtrev (didn't check Bree, but probably there too). The ones in Skarhald and Hultvis require minimum level of 121 and cost embers.
    Aha, at least one problem solved then. Good find. Maybe they need to put one of those in Skarhald and Hultvis too.

Yes, this looks to be a bug we will have to fix in the near future.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by TexanHobbit View Post
    Thanks for the info. Ok, all is forgiven. Prices are a little high for the motes earning allowance, but as they can be earned in both EM and the vales, not too bad.

The Virtue revamp beta. As soon as we started poking holes in it they came out with it's only the early stages, nothing to see here routine. Same with crafting this time, absent dev and same early stages routine.
    There should have been a check to make all the old gear that did produce embers change to motes and have all barter except motes for that gear. We can sit on BR thinking that's their intent, obviously, but without any intent forthcoming from the devs we just never know. Literally no one wants to put anything in writing, just have the CM say something vague on twitch.

Even the ILI bug that leaves peeps with no built ILI on starting the script never got a fix. Evernight has been full of poor sods having anxiety over their screwed ILIs until there's a resounding RELOG from the community.

Beornings getting power passives on ILIs, joke?

And the new lvl 120 minis are in desperate need of instruments and all need artifacts for a crafted one.

The Virtue revamp beta. As soon as we started poking holes in it they came out with it's only the early stages, nothing to see here routine. Same with crafting this time, absent dev and same early stages routine.
    There should have been a check to make all the old gear that did produce embers change to motes and have all barter except motes for that gear. We can sit on BR thinking that's their intent, obviously, but without any intent forthcoming from the devs we just never know. Literally no one wants to put anything in writing, just have the CM say something vague on twitch.

Even the ILI bug that leaves peeps with no built ILI on starting the script never got a fix. Evernight has been full of poor sods having anxiety over their screwed ILIs until there's a resounding RELOG from the community.

Beornings getting power passives on ILIs, joke?

And the new lvl 120 minis are in desperate need of instruments and all need artifacts for a crafted one.

"Sometimes you have to laugh, to keep from crying." -Dennis Haysbert

Also some pre-Minas Morgul boxes from embers have 120 level cap now, you can't get 120+ level gear.

And I hope what Reclaim Minas Morgul daily quests give us embers, in same way as Mordor Allegiance Daily quests. Let's hope that isn't just 200 embers per day...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Also some pre-Minas Morgul boxes from embers have 120 level cap now, you can't get 120+ level gear.

And I hope what Reclaim Minas Morgul daily quests give us embers, in same way as Mordor Allegiance Daily quests. Let's hope that isn't just 200 embers per day...
    I agree. During Beta I acctually never saw a single gear piece in Minas Morgul that could be disenchanted into embers. Not even the ones dropping in the instances on T2 or even T3. Some could be disenchanted into the new crafting materials, but not embers. I hope that has been adjusted now on live and that we can get embers from gear dropping that we have no use of. The less in-game way to earn embers the more it looks like the reason to reduce it has some alterior motive.

I never even saw any end-game repeatable quest that rewarded embers either, but I take it that was due to me not having completed all the quests and unlocked that. Like You needed to unlock it in Mordor, Ered Mithrin and Vales by completing amosyt every quest to get those quests. Still that is not enough and gears that drop should be able to be disenchanted into embers too in my opinion.

Personally I think it is a travesty to have to earn motes, embers, whatever, just bring back decent quest rewards. I'm so sick of the way this game is heading. I'm about to play "Hello Kitty Online."
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thanks for the reply Cord - looks like nobody noticed your post! Hopefully this will put some minds at rest.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

You need to put the motes vendor in Skarhald and Hultvis too, or players won't know where to get their level 120 rewards from.

Thumbs up

Went to the Galtrev Traveller's Quartermaster and bought a cyan armour box for 1,500 motes

It revealed only item level 368+ gear for my level 120 with a slot less on each pieces compared to my 376+ to 380+ solo gear. So not many at all.

Enough to struggle on with, or am I missing an npc with the 380+ gear for 120 barter?

Had to select a piece to show a decon would harvest 70 motes in return.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast