We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Thanks SSG for keeping LOTRO going and the expansions!

I am sure I am among the majority of players who are thankful to the people who cared enough for LOTRO to invest and work at SSG. Thanks for keeping it going and for taking the time, which I am sure is a lot, to put together the expansion story lines. The area developments and story lines are IMO are great.

Please don't let the relatively small number of continuously complaining players get you down. We outnumber them and appreciate what you have done. Many of us also know that game development, like anything created for computing, always has bugs that pop up unexpectedly. We ignore them or bug report them and keep playing.

Thanks
    I would rather be silly than grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by AZHuman View Post
    I am sure I am among the majority of players who are thankful to the people who cared enough for LOTRO to invest and work at SSG. Thanks for keeping it going and for taking the time, which I am sure is a lot, to put together the expansion story lines. The area developments and story lines are IMO are great.

Please don't let the relatively small number of continuously complaining players get you down. We outnumber them and appreciate what you have done. Many of us also know that game development, like anything created for computing, always has bugs that pop up unexpectedly. We ignore them or bug report them and keep playing.

Thanks

"Relationships are like (flatulence), if you push too hard things could get messy real fast." -Kevin Hart

I'll second this. Yes, there are things that I don't like and I complain about, for example I hate the essence system, but I still think SSG does a really great job.

Seriously, I love this game. I feel like I'm in Middle Earth everytime I play.

Quote Originally Posted by AZHuman View Post

Thanks
    AGREED!!!!! Some folks on the forum say "vote with your wallet". Well, I DO vote with my wallet: I bought the Collector's Edition!!

Vote me with OP.

(I'm a poet and I don't know it.)
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

The forum would appear much happier if the devs could actually step in when they get lots of negative feedback on a certain topic. I will give them credit where credit is due, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    The forum would appear much happier if the devs could actually step in when they get lots of negative feedback on a certain topic. I will give them credit where credit is due, for sure.
    I appreciate trying to be positive. However, since we pay the price of a complete AAA game for this expansion, or perhaps 2 AAA games, let me try it out first, before I start thanking. <3
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

At first, I have mixed feelings when Mordor was announced. From reading books, I know what this region was done for good and nothing interesting left here. Also I know where and how story ends, and fear what they can't produce anything good after that. I fear what game moves to the end in one direction, and we can't do anything with it. Of course, we will step into Mordor, but it will be our last steps in our journey. I was wrong. I enjoy both The Plateau of Gorgoroth and Minas Morgul, and I enjoy when developers have wise decision to turn our attention for north lands. We have full circle now and back to Mordor, and most of things looks great on Bullroar. I can't wait to see what SSG have in store for us next.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    "Relationships are like (flatulence), if you push too hard things could get messy real fast." -Kevin Hart
    you really are trying hard to mess up thread , do you? as OP said we outnumber minority.

OP is being grateful so am I.

Thumbs up

As for praising the devs, engineers, artists, worldbuilders etc that have stuck it out and still work on LoTRO and acctually employed with SSG with dedication to bring us expansions and keeping LoTRO alive with perhaps limited resources and a maybe tight time schedule. I applaud them too for sure. Have no doubt about that. I may criticise some things, certain things more than others, but that does not mean I have any ill will against the staff, the little man/woman that works hard to bring us this. It's only because of my passion for gaming in general and LoTRO in particular that I even care enough to criticise and get passionate about the game.

The day that I become totally indifferent to something is the day I won't care and won't even bother to criticise or praise. That is usually the day that I stop doing the thing that I have become indifferent too and just walk away. With LoTRO I am not totally indifferent. Sure in some things I feel dissepointed, in other things "meh", but also "f-k yeah, right on" with many things. Most importantly I still care as a gamer, customer and LoTRO Player, just as I know the devs care.

Here devs have some

and a cookie !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
    you really are trying hard to mess up thread , do you? as OP said we outnumber minority.

"Disregard for the past will never do us any good. Without it we cannot know truly who we are." -Syd Moore

Thumbs up Love in the time of skinner boxes

Even amongst the complainers, the majority of them complain about things that are decided not by old Turbine employees, but probably by Daylight or other stakeholders trying to maximize profit. The developers are trying to maximize longevity of the game, and thus, their current jobs. They do a great job with the limited resources they have.

When I complain (which is rarely,) it's about gambling/value decisions that are most probably outside the control of the actual game devs, but my hope is that the message eventually makes its way to the top. As long as we don't call out specific people, I don't think any harm is being done to the 'relationship.'

I mostly show my love with my wallet, but occasionally I know we humans like to hear/read nice words: good job SSG devs! Fight the power!

Jaylaxel - 83 LM | Moiron - 120 Champ | Aedush - R5 Stalker

Yes, thanks for the continued hard work! I had no hesitation when purchasing the expansion.

I agree - of course.

Just two days ago a brand new player (someone that was a fellow supporter of Pantheon - but don't worry SSG Pantheon is moving slowly and won't be competition for at least 2 years it seems) asked if it was worth bothering with LOTRO or if the game was moribund. I was able to honestly tell him that LOTRO was still going strong with plenty of developer attention, improvements and new content. So he will be staying.

It is easy to complain about things we don't like - the Valar witness that I sometimes do though I try to be nice about it. Sometimes the complaints generate developer action to make things better - sometimes they do not. How could it be otherwise when we do not all agree on very much.

Yet while none of us think SSG does a *perfect* job they definitely deserve praise for the effort they put in. And for communicating with us a lot more than some game companies do with their customers even though human nature being what it is we all want even more.

careful with that statement though. That's what sapiens said about raiding community and we know now where that way of thinking led us.

Decimated servers when half the population left the game. A healthy game finds or at least tries to find a balance between all kinds of players within the game. Everyone contributes to keep the game running.

I agree with op's sentiment. I'm usually a lurker and so is the majority of players, but today is worth remembering, for we charge deeper into the heart of evil and twisted creatures. Our lights will shine through the darkness, our blades drink the black blood of anyone who crosses our path and our step will be steadfast, onward, and unbroken.
    "I do not accept this defeat" mumbled Boaram Highroar, crafter of his kin. His body beaten, one half of his face blue red, a helmet in pieces. The hewed tunnel immersed the creature almost fully in shadow where only sharp angular shapes where visible. The spiked club raised high. Boaram whispered a prayer to Mahal and watched his inbound doom..

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    careful with that statement though. That's what sapiens said about raiding community and we know now where that way of thinking led us.

Decimated servers when half the population left the game. A healthy game finds or at least tries to find a balance between all kinds of players within the game. Everyone contributes to keep the game running.

Well said.

So many years so many memories,thank you for keeping the game alive.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)

This is genuinely the best game I have ever played since 90s and it is really impressive what devs have accomplished for over 12 years of non stop development. No one who will reach end game after exploring all areas will know. There is lot of soul in this game, quality is visible in details, small things, quests and stories. So many effort, so many things and land created past this time is just overwhelming.
    I am complaining on forum and criticizing some things also, but because I would like to see this world even better, free of bugs and incosistent things. It is worth to shout about it. Nevertheless in general, this is one heck of the project and I think it will last for long years ahead. This game is worth every penny Ive spent on VIPs and expansions. Have no regrets, the journey through this world is unique and just awesome.
    You wont find any better world based on LoTR out there and its shame not everyone is aware of this. People sometimes think its "old game from 2007" and have no clue how much its been upgraded in graphics and how much content and quality is here.

Yes, thank you. This is unlike any other MMO, in atmosphere and by its community. Whenever I read the books or watch the movies I see those places through lotro. It's got to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogdush View Post
    This is genuinely the best game I have ever played since 90s and it is really impressive what devs have accomplished for over 12 years of non stop development. No one who will reach end game after exploring all areas will know. There is lot of soul in this game, quality is visible in details, small things, quests and stories. So many effort, so many things and land created past this time is just overwhelming.
    I am complaining on forum and criticizing some things also, but because I would like to see this world even better, free of bugs and incosistent things. It is worth to shout about it. Nevertheless in general, this is one heck of the project and I think it will last for long years ahead. This game is worth every penny Ive spent on VIPs and expansions. Have no regrets, the journey through this world is unique and just awesome.
    You wont find any better world based on LoTR out there and its shame not everyone is aware of this. People sometimes think its "old game from 2007" and have no clue how much its been upgraded in graphics and how much content and quality is here.
    finally a well written and positive post. well said about"soul" and all little details stories. you are right. i disagree about best game, there are far better games also

Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor/War is greatest LOTR game ever released , at least its connected to Tolkien world, battle for middle earth 1 and 2 were great too..

I find ME Shadow of Mordor and War most complete with best combat nemessis system,sound,visuals,story, animations lore and setting, its just flawless and never gets boring

i'd put lotro at 3rd place,but not current lotro , the old one

i'd put lotro at 3rd place,but not current lotro , the old one

Why are you being so negative?

Yes! I totally agree. SSG does a great job. Yes, there are bugs from time to time. But story, regions, etc. are great. I love lotro since 2007 and I will continue my support to the game. Let's fight together in Minas Morgul! <3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Why are you being so negative?
    I literally spit my latte all over now, darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I literally spit my latte all over now, darn it.

*hands him a cloth to wipe up...and some more popcorn*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast