We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New article about Minas Morgul from massivelyop.com

Let's hope the p2w scheme gets more attention from other MMO sites.
    https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/31/l...nity-concerns/

The numbers seen on Bullroarer were not final, and we've already made an adjustment internally on it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The numbers seen on Bullroarer were not final, and we've already made an adjustment internally on it.

These potions were not the only problem, the other problem is the massive pay to win grind hiding behind loot chests in 3 and 6 man instances forcing us to buy black steel keys to gear in new update.

Stop P2W!

Would you mind posting the numbers/odds and the gear externally to the player base before Minas Morgul releases? This would be a good way to get better feedback from the customers on if they wanted to have an open discussion about loot boxes.

Most of the community has been waiting many years for VIP be to be made into a better investment again, yet even those who pay for VIP and $130 edition of Minas Morgul are still going to see people paying to open loot boxes and get gear and cosmetics they don't have.

What numbers? You have addressed that you where going to "adjust" the numbers of the new potions and scrolls inside the store, but not a word about the gear that drops inside the instances.

And it doesn't matter how much you "adjust" the numbers of these scrolls, if they stack with in-game items.. Lets say that scroll give you 4%more morale, and a player can craft a 5% more morale scroll in-game. If they stack, its still P2W.

Same with the potions, even if they are weaker than in-game obtainable potions but they don't share the same cooldown, its p2w. Because it gives you a clear advantage if you don't buy it.

Will lootbox gear be stronger than T1>T2 or T3 gear? Or will it be similar to Grey Mountains where lootbox gear was worse than T1 gear on release, as it should.

Can you just confirm this to end speculations.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    What numbers? You have addressed that you where going to "adjust" the numbers of the new potions and scrolls inside the store, but not a word about the gear that drops inside the instances.

Will lootbox gear be stronger than T1>T2 or T3 gear? Or will it be similar to Grey Mountains where lootbox gear was worse than T1 gear on release, as it should.

Can you just confirm this to end speculations.
    The plan is to continue to stick to our policy regarding lootboxes and gear. You can read it here.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

The plan is to continue to stick to our policy regarding lootboxes and gear. You can read it here.
    On the day that new content is released, players should not be able to get the brand-new gear with end game currency or Store purchases.

Thanks Cord. That is nice to hear.

You don't advertise the game yourself, so you should take double caution to make sure the PR you get for free in articles like that is a good one

The game will not thrive if mistakes like that are made, why should anyone who sees an article like that come back to the game

Let's hope the p2w scheme gets more attention from other MMO sites.
    https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/31/l...nity-concerns/

Well, it looks like the "secret" is out of the bag. And you thought it was tough to get new players before?

How many loyal customers have tried to warn you repeatedly, SSG, of the direction you've insisted on heading into?

Wow. What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Well, it looks like the "secret" is out of the bag. And you thought it was tough to get new players before?

How many loyal customers have tried to warn you repeatedly, SSG, of the direction you've insisted on heading into?

Wow. What a mess.
    Blame crybabies who don't care about 250+ quests in 2 locations and new instances, and make hysteria about potions

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Blame crybabies who don't care about 250+ quests in 2 locations and new instances, and make hysteria about potions
    No, we blame SSG that introduced it in the first place. They created the mess, and if you don't care about it why do you keep commenting against people who dont like it?

If we dont like something in the game, do you really have to step in everyime speaking against us? You are getting somewhat annoying.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Oct 31 2019 at 05:11 PM.

No, we blame SSG that introduced it in the first place. They created the mess, and if you don't care about it why do you keep commention against people who dont like it?

If we dont like something in the game, do you really have to step in everyime speaking against us? You are getting somewhat annoying.

Agreed.
    No one asked for lootboxes, there is tons of thread on forums asking them to stop giving us BIS gear and asking locks from instances to be removed so we can gear without this dull system.
    For months devs have been ignoring this.

lol Whatever.

So which is worse..."crybabies"...or "crybabies" who cry about other "crybabies"?

I enjoy the story, exploring the landscape, and the questing. Whether or not people get gear in loot boxes has no bearing on my play-style or experience.

Admittedly I have opened a loot box from time to time, and while my experience for the most part didn't yield anything I can readily use, it did once or twice, and it liked it.
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

Quote Originally Posted by webrender View Post
    I enjoy the story, exploring the landscape, and the questing. Whether or not people get gear in loot boxes has no bearing on my play-style or experience.

Admittedly I have opened a loot box from time to time, and while my experience for the most part didn't yield anything I can readily use, it did once or twice, and it liked it.
    That is great! I can understand that if you like to level and just explore there is not much to complain about.

No, we blame SSG that introduced it in the first place. They created the mess, and if you don't care about it why do you keep commenting against people who dont like it?

They introduce that on test server. Doesn't mean what we get on live server same version as on Bullroar right now. I speak against many things in the game what I don't like. But if YOU want to buy key and YOU want to use lootbox, what I can do against it? Nothing. It's your decision. Some people love them, some people hate them. I have few stacks of Tome of Defence in bank, few stacks of Dale's Cream, and other things what I gather for last 5 years FOR FREE. If I decide to use them, it make me P2W player or not? And you use them too. You don't throw them away, right?

They introduce that on test server. Doesn't mean what we get on live server same version as on Bullroar right now. I speak against many things in the game what I don't like. But if YOU want to buy key and YOU want to use lootbox, what I can do against it? Nothing. It's your decision. Some people love them, some people hate them. I have few stacks of Tome of Defence in bank, few stacks of Dale's Cream, and other things what I gather for last 5 years FOR FREE. If I decide to use them, it make me P2W player or not? And you use them too. You don't throw them away, right?
    Elmagor, I'm fully aware of it being a beta. And what was inside the beta was of course subject to change. But do you know what, we provided FEEDBACK as SSG expect us to do.. When we provide feedback, you contstantly get into an argument with everyone that mention anything negative. We do it because we like the game, and want a better product. The general player base doesn't want powerful items available for real money, which is pretty obvious.

Please provide your own feedback, and tell SSG how you want it to work instead of jumping on others peoples opinions constantly.

Elmagor, I'm fully aware of it being a beta. And what was inside the beta was of course subject to change. But do you know what, we provided FEEDBACK as SSG expect us to do.. When we provide feedback, you contstantly get into an argument with everyone that mention anything negative. We do it because we like the game, and want a better product. The general player base doesn't want powerful items available for real money, which is pretty obvious.

Please provide your own feedback, and tell SSG how you want it to work instead of jumping on others peoples opinions constantly.
    I already provide a lot of feedback to them. And you don't provide your feedback. I never see you talking about quests, or instances, or bugs... you never tell them about your experience in game. I never know anything about your characters, your server, your level... how you provide feedback without that? You always turn any discussion into lootboxes war.

I just think what it's unfair judging MM because of beta version. I already have powerful items. and YOU have them too. And we don't pay for that. It's FREE. Pretty obvious what MMO bigger when you think, and different players have different gear and different skills. You can't force them all using things what you like. As another example, some people ALWAYS use buff items, some people use them only when they understand what they meet harder opponents right now. You don't want to see better product, you just want to see product working on YOUR rules. Developers don't force you, they just give you different methods to get what you want, and allow you decide - what instruments you will use. Some people have time to farm instances. Some people don't have time to farm instances, but they have gold to buy everything in AH. Some people don't have time and don't have gold, but have $$. Some people craft buff items, some people never level craft and just buy them. SSG must do something to make every one of them happy. If they remove lootboxes from game, you will be happy, I will be happy, but many players hate that decision.

I already provide a lot of feedback to them. And you don't provide your feedback. I never see you talking about quests, or instances, or bugs... you never tell them about your experience in game. I never know anything about your characters, your server, your level... how you provide feedback without that? You always turn any discussion into lootboxes war.

I just think what it's unfair judging MM because of beta version. I already have powerful items. and YOU have them too. And we don't pay for that. It's FREE. Pretty obvious what MMO bigger when you think, and different players have different gear and different skills. You can't force them all using things what you like. As another example, some people ALWAYS use buff items, some people use them only when they understand what they meet harder opponents right now. You don't want to see better product, you just want to see product working on YOUR rules. Developers don't force you, they just give you different methods to get what you want, and allow you decide - what instruments you will use. Some people have time to farm instances. Some people don't have time to farm instances, but they have gold to buy everything in AH. Some people don't have time and don't have gold, but have $$. Some people craft buff items, some people never level craft and just buy them. SSG must do something to make every one of them happy. If they remove lootboxes from game, you will be happy, I will be happy, but many players hate that decision.
    Then i can tell you that the war is over for now, because Cord has already responded regarding lootboxes, On the day that new content is released, players should not be able to get the brand-new gear with end game currency or Store purchases.

And he has also commented that they are working on itemization and scaling issues as me and many other reported, and expect it to be better next week.

I have only run the instances, and those bugs I have found is provided to SSG already

Had no time for quests.

the problem with this opinion is for the past 10 years the garbage and broken mechanics of the so called beta server are passed straight thru to live. the whole concept of BR being a beta server has been one of the biggest jokes of this game.
    dont worry the dev's are working on a fix that fixes the fix that fixed the fix that was fixing the fix....

What the heck is got everyone in a bunch about these Potions. They give them away like candy in the Hobbit Presents and the Weekly Coupons.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Lightbulb

Don't make my mistake and fall for bait. You'll end up in endless long back and forth trying to reply. Look at post history of some people and realize it's pointless. It's a waste of time and energy on Your part. Divert You from the real issues at hand. Your post will get buried and few will read them as all they see 10 replies back and forth. You could have posted many more posts in the same time with other info instead of getting stuck with some in endless back and forth exchange. You can not convince them and theyt can not convince You, they only eat up Your time. They rarely add anything new, same old arguments You've seen 100 times, just as they will see You as using the same old arguments for Your cause. As I said a waste of time and energy. Learn from my mistake, don't fall for it and move on. You said what You had to say. The rest of us saw it and read it. Well at least some of us. As some people seem to revel in arguing, simply for the sake of arguing (and it gets nowhere), let them argue with themselves if they want to. Don't feed them.

I know You and I don't agree on all things. Some things we do, some things we don't. Not sure if we even agree on the majority of things, maybe not, but I still enjoy reading Your opinions (as well as some others in here) and I try to see Your points. Some simply have no such interest at all and only bait You into endless arguments.

Just a friendly advice from me who fell for it at first. The choice is of course as always Yours.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Oct 31 2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Don't make my mistake and fall for bait. You'll end up in endless long back and forth trying to reply. Look at post history of some people and realize it's pointless. It's a waste of time and energy on Your part. Divert You from the real issues at hand. Your post will get buried and few will read them as all they see 10 replies back and forth. You could have posted many more posts in the same time with other info instead of getting stuck with some in endless back and forth exchange. You can not convince them and theyt can not convince You, they only eat up Your time. They rarely add anything new, same old arguments You've seen 100 times, just as they will see You as using the same old arguments for Your cause. As I said a waste of time and energy. Learn from my mistake, don't fall for it and move on. You said what You had to say. The rest of us saw it and read it. Well at least some of us. As some people seem to revel in arguing, simply for the sake of arguing (and it gets nowhere), let them argue with themselves if they want to. Don't feed them.

I know You and I don't agree on all things. Some things we do, some things we don't. Not sure if we even agree on the majority of things, maybe not, but I still enjoy reading Your opinions (as well as some others in here) and I try to see Your points. Some simply have no such interest at all and only bait You into endless arguments.

Just a friendly advice from me who fell for it at first. The choice is of course as always Yours.
    I will defenetly take your advice here! This was the last time i responded to him, as you said its pointless :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hetweith View Post
    the problem with this opinion is for the past 10 years the garbage and broken mechanics of the so called beta server are passed straight thru to live. the whole concept of BR being a beta server has been one of the biggest jokes of this game.
    Because players don't have time to test it.

I will defenetly take your advice here! This was the last time i responded to him, as you said its pointless :P
    Some people like imagine himself as always right and rightous knight in shining armor, who goes against bad developers who hate that game and care only about money. Some sort of Don Quijote in MMO world. They just don't understand what without dark we never see light.
    Last edited by Elmagor; Oct 31 2019 at 07:13 PM.

Lightbulb

Note that I did not specify anyone in particular. As there are a few and have been some more over the history of these forums that fit my description above. They pull You into arguments by finding what ticks You off. Start a bit rude., but not to rude (so don't break any rules) just to get You started (trigger you).

Eventually one side might lose their patience and the arguments becomes less polite, more rude and it could all end up ugly. Maybe that is even the goal of some ??? I don't know.

I have seen people in the past getting baited into this, lost their patience and replied in a rude way back and that has not ended well for them it seems. We should all try to avoid to fall into that trap is my advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast