We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bullroarer Update 25 - Preview #3 (Server Closed)

Minas Morgul has almost arrived!
    Minas Morgul takes you on an expedition deep into the Morgul Vale in search of answers to a mystery that spans three thousand years. The words of the shade of Isildur will unearth secrets and visions of the Second Age that have remained untold until now, revealing playable landscape and new adventures from a crucial time in Middle-earth’s history.
    • Two New Regions: The Morgul Vale as well as Mordor Besieged!
    • Level Cap Increase to 130
    • New Crafting Guild benefits
    • New Black Book of Mordor Quests
    • and more!

Visit LOTRO.com/MinasMorgul to read more. Some elements of the expansion, including the Shelob raid and new Instances, will be released in the near future. Players logging in once the Minas Morgul expansion has been released will get their Valar items, Expedition Supplies, Crafting Carry-alls and more. Visit LOTRO.com/MinasMorgul for details.

News and Notes
    • A new build is now available!
    • Bullroarer will remain open until Thursday afternoon (10/31). Time subject to change.
    • The expansion is still a work in progress, there will be bugs and unfinished content. If you see something that doesn't work or you think is wrong, please tell us about it!
    • Character Copy to Bullroarer is available from Arkenstone, Belegaer, Brandywine, Crickhollow, and Gwaihir. Shared Item transfer is currently disabled.

Discussion Threads

Black Book of Mordor
    • Characters that have completed 'Shades in the Swamp' can pick up the next chapter of the Black Book of Mordor from Gandalf in the Beorninghus.
    • Chapters 11.1 and 11.2 are available for this Preview.
    • If you have not caught up with the Black Book of Mordor, talk to Made of Lions in the Epic Book room in the basement of the Eyes & Guard Tavern. He will complete all the previous Black Book Chapters as well as Shades in the Swamp. You can then talk to DocOctoport in the hallway to port you to Gandalf.

Instances
    • Eithel Gwaur, The Filth-Well
    • Gorthad Nur, The Deep-Barrow
    • Gath Daeroval, the Shadow-roost
    • The Harrowing of Morgul

Items
    • Armour value bonus scaling on the Shield of the Hammerhand has been increased, so the total armour values are more appropriate.
    • Finely-woven Standard of the Veteran Captain Physical Mastery adjusted.
    • Beornings will now receive heavy armour from the Gift of the Valar, Blessing of the Valar, and Aria of the Valar
    • Universal Potions, Food, and Scrolls of Max Morale and Power in the store now Buff/Restore Morale and Power based on % of max values.
    • Weapon Auras: Fixed aura visuals on weapons that were incorrect, either by scale or position. This does NOT fix the visuals for auras that weren't visible or were partially visible.

Rune-keeper
    • Reduced Word of Exaltation bubble magnitude down by -5% (to ~35% max).
    • Fixed broken string reference for Word of Exaltation damage reduction effect.
    • Rousing Words ~20% reduction in heal/pulse (somewhat overpowered in the last round, so it's splitting the difference).
    • Expanded Fates Intertwined radius to 20m & increased stone max vitality 50%.
    • Increased Unwavering Confidence by ~12%.
    • Increased Rune of Restoration heal pulse by ~30%.
    • Searing Words from separate sources should now stack on a single target.
    • Bombastic Inspiration initial heal increased ~10%.
    • Mending Verse will stay as-is for now. In recent tests it remains an overweight component in the healing rotation and we want to see if these other changes (particularly the cast time fixes), allow for more balanced and interesting rotations as players get used to the new values.

Warden
    • Warden Skill damage and damaging effects have been adjusted up.
    • Several Warden defensive buffs now share icons with the skill that generated them.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Shieldwork" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Advanced Shieldwork" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Expert Shieldwork" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Evasion" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Advanced Evasion" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Expert Evasion" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Advanced Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Expert Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Tactical Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Celebration of Skill - Incoming Healing" duration increased from 24s->48s.
    • Warden Buff "Dance of War - Block and Parry" duration increased from 24s->48s.
    • Warden Buff "Surety of Death" duration increased from 24s->48s.
    • Warden Buff "Conviction" duration increased from 24s->48s.

Miscellaneous
    • You can now earn up to 94 class trait points after completing the Black Book of Mordor. Up to 94 class trait points can be spent in your class trait trees.

BULLROARER ONLY: Eyes & Guard Tavern
    • Edgecase in the Eyes & Guard Tavern now offers an assortment of Minas Morgul gear otherwise available in the 3-person instances. Note that uncommon gear earned in a tier 2 3-person instance will have an item level of 405-406, but this item level increase is not available on the barter vendor.
    • Dust in the Eyes & Guard Tavern now offers Traveller's and Adventurer's lootboxes for testing convenience. Additionally, the Adventurer's lootbox should now be usable by a character above level 120.
    • You can now acquire a Dust-shrouded Essence Box from Arbor in the tavern, allowing selection of item level 405 uncommon essences.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Oct 31 2019 at 06:32 PM.

Daily reminder that Creeps still have negative mitigations, and can't cap critical rating with 6 critical corruptions
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Warden
    Very disappointing, honestly.

If the damage buff makes it so current wardens with DoT pulses will do the same dps as the buffed warden without DoT pulses then yes, I can not deny that that does fix the core problem of damage output

But this does not address the argument that I always have to remind people, who think wardens will be too OP with DoT pulses, about. The increase enjoyability of the class
    All the wardens I know, which are the wardens in my kin (and TBH, they are over half the T3 raiding warden population on Arkenstone...) are all willing to take nerfs to bleed damage or morale gained from vitality in order to get the DoT pulses just so
    a) They can enjoy the class more since DoT pulses allow wardens to utilize more of their class instead of just sticking to bigger/harder hitting DoT's
    b) This issue here at lvl 120 of needing to wear old armour pieces to be competitive dps does not re-surface in later updates
    c) Wardens dont end up having to raid on their other agility toons to acquire the DoT pulses gear from a raid to then put on their warden to finally take into the raid, such was the case for Throne and Abyss for many wardens

Also, if the plan is to eventually give them DoT pulses back via a raid or 3/6man set bonus, is it not worrying that they will then become too strong of dps? Right now they are doing very solid, well balanced dps (atleast in my opinion) so giving them a damage buff (a hefty one at that) and one day DoT pulses, they really could be a little overpowered for DPS.

Please revert the damage buffs and instead go down the path of giving them DoT pulses in their trait trees.
    Lvl 120 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 120 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 120 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 120 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 120 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 120 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

So does this mean 94 will be the permanent cap for trait points? Or should we plan to see more traits available for use after lvl 130+? I was under the impression that we wouldn't be able to spend more than 92 even though we could go over. I'm totally down for 94 traits because my build could be pretty much complete with 2 more, but was just wondering if plans have changed to keep adding usable traits or keep it locked at 94 forever
    Best Blueline Hunter left in LOTRO
    Ranger of Gondor first, Well met second
    "Not all who wander are lost" -J. R. R. Tolkien

Warden

• Several Warden defensive buffs now share icons with the skill that generated them.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Shieldwork" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Advanced Shieldwork" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Expert Shieldwork" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Evasion" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Advanced Evasion" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Expert Evasion" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Advanced Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Expert Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Enduring Tactical Armour Use" duration increased from 30s->60s.
    • Warden Buff "Celebration of Skill - Incoming Healing" duration increased from 24s->48s.
    • Warden Buff "Dance of War - Block and Parry" duration increased from 24s->48s.
    • Warden Buff "Surety of Death" duration increased from 24s->48s.
    • Warden Buff "Conviction" duration increased from 24s->48s.
    The only warden skills that need their damage adjusted up are the ones that don't have a DoT component.

What the warden really needs is for their DoTs to last longer (have more pulses). If you just increase the damage of all skills, wardens will just end up spamming the most powerful bleed line over and over, because by the time they get all the bleeds from that line up, the first one will have expired.

HoTs and DoTs need more pulses... simple as that. Everyone has been saying this.

As for the other changes, they're exactly what was needed. Longer duration on the buffs so that they're worth using.

also: Daily reminder that creeps are currently getting 1-shot by literally every freep class and need major scaling.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by HoboNanikin View Post
    So does this mean 94 will be the permanent cap for trait points? Or should we plan to see more traits available for use after lvl 130+? I was under the impression that we wouldn't be able to spend more than 92 even though we could go over. I'm totally down for 94 traits because my build could be pretty much complete with 2 more, but was just wondering if plans have changed to keep adding usable traits or keep it locked at 94 forever
    The cap is 92 - they are just offering more ways to give people trait points, so that we aren't forced to go back to Rohan/Gondor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    The cap is 92 - they are just offering more ways to give people trait points, so that we aren't forced to go back to Rohan/Gondor etc.
    Reread it, says "Up to 94 class trait points can be spent in your class trait trees."
    Best Blueline Hunter left in LOTRO
    Ranger of Gondor first, Well met second
    "Not all who wander are lost" -J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by HoboNanikin View Post
    Reread it, says "Up to 94 class trait points can be spent in your class trait trees."
    Well, then this deviates from their traditional plan... Sigh

Rune-keeper
    • Reduced Word of Exaltation bubble magnitude down by -5% (to ~35% max).
    • Fixed broken string reference for Word of Exaltation damage reduction effect.
    • Rousing Words ~20% reduction in heal/pulse (somewhat overpowered in the last round, so it's splitting the difference).
    • Expanded Fates Intertwined radius to 20m & increased stone max vitality 50%.
    • Increased Unwavering Confidence by ~12%.
    • Increased Rune of Restoration heal pulse by ~30%.
    • Searing Words from separate sources should now stack on a single target.
    • Bombastic Inspiration initial heal increased ~10%.
    • Mending Verse will stay as-is for now. In recent tests it remains an overweight component in the healing rotation and we want to see if these other changes (particularly the cast time fixes), allow for more balanced and interesting rotations as players get used to the new values.
    RIP Runekeeper

Runekeeper needs buffs not nerfs...
    We need to compete with beos and minis! We already had less aoe heal than both of them... now you nerf it...
    Even with more hps than beo and mini, runekeeper would still be worse, because he cant debuff the target like beos or buff the group with anthems like minis... But atm the hps is worse and there are no strong buffs or debuffs gg
    pls don´t copy paste my signature :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJaij View Post
    RIP Runekeeper

Runekeeper needs buffs not nerfs...
    We need to compete with beos and minis! We already had less aoe heal than both of them... now you nerf it...
    Even with more hps than beo and mini, runekeeper would still be worse, because he cant debuff the target like beos or buff the group with anthems like minis... But atm the hps is worse and there are no strong buffs or debuffs gg
    Agreed, why the devs saw fit to nerf healing RK when they were nowhere near as powerful as mini or beorn in terms of HPS and group support capabilities is a mystery.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Well, then this deviates from their traditional plan... Sigh
    Show me where they announce that traditional plan. They even say what they don't plan to revamp wardens in near future, and here some revamp

]Universal Potions, Food, and Scrolls of Max Morale and Power in the store now Buff/Restore Morale and Power based on % of max values.

Pls make them available at some barter or else hello p2w

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Pls make them available at some barter or else hello p2w
    Pretty sure P2W was the idea they were going for here.

Will have to log in to see what damage has been changed on warden,but like it has been said thousand times already dot duration needs to increase without having to wear 105 armor.
    I hope this increase is just to non dot skills who even with this wont be worth using probably.
    Buff duration is welcome change,and I cant comment much on overall tanking at 130 as I didnt run guard trough new instances and have no realiable hps/tps numbers as well as stats other tanks can reach.

Universal Potions, Food, and Scrolls of Max Morale and Power in the store now Buff/Restore Morale and Power based on % of max values.

Really, you just added another p2w element to this already p2w game? The -10% damage buff is also P2W that should be removed ASAP, dont keep adding more of this trash PLEASE!

• Universal Potions, Food, and Scrolls of Max Morale and Power in the store now Buff/Restore Morale and Power based on % of max values.

Hopefully this change will also affect the currently useless-at-high-levels versions of these items in our inventory.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 116 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 130 | Bindore dwarf hunter 109

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 123 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 106

So any changes to "pre made" ILIs, the Carry-all and Crafting fixes didn't make the edit or this last preview build?
    If your intellect can't fathom my reasoning it's me who's unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Show me where they announce that traditional plan. They even say what they don't plan to revamp wardens in near future, and here some revamp
    I don't remember them given two trait points with vales? a trait point for each black book chapter seem fair? and a cap increases each year in American sports so someone thinking a cap is forever is weird

Seeing how there's no Warden feedback thread, I'm going to assume this probably won't be read but hope springs eternal. Any chance you can lower the cooldown on Steadfast to something more sane and in line with other tank classes? Like, 45 seconds, or even a minute? Two minute cooldown is a bit nuts considering Warden is technically a tank class.

I'm happy to see Minas Ithil hides dropping from mobs now.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 116 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 130 | Bindore dwarf hunter 109

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 123 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 106

https://imgur.com/a/hEvrDMb

Now this is some RIDICILOUS P2W

I'm assuming this is a potential bug, but the new Valar package can be used at level 120? This seems... Broke?

I would have assumed it would be level capped at 119 similar to other packages?

Finished finiding all of the Stark-white pages and sent to Elendil, but can't see him.

I have finished finding all of the Stark-white pages in Mordor Besieged. Doing that sends me to Adambel to talk to Elendil. I can't see him. Did that happen to anyone else?

Also, I am short of quests for the quest deed in Mordor Besieged. I am wondering where, or if, I missed some.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I think that this was in referral to the Update 23.2 release notes (2nd point under "classes") though it says the trait points are capped at 92 _for now_ which leaves them the choice to raise that cap in future updates which they appear to be doing now.

Here's the Link if you don't find them: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Those pots are disgustingly P2W. SSG must be desperate for cash.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast