We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 151 to 157 of 157
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Progress,but unless you plan on adding lvl 130 armor with +1 dot you will be better of just puting that one extra pulse to traits,also 25% spear bleed is lost due to throne cap.
    One of main things you should do [...] As for blue line I wont sugest anything atm as it would require new skills/gambits so will wait to see how red changes play out and if devs are willing to do more work on warden.
    On the whole thing, I think I rather agree with this evaluation of the planned changes.
    Of course every improvement is welcome and I thank SSG for the fact that Wardens get a fix at all, although this wasn't originally planned.

    However, there is still a lot of room for improvement as far as the Warden is concerned. The changes that are planned will not, in my opinion, be enough to secure him a truly competitive place in a raid or group, be it the DD role or the Tank role. Other classes simply outpeat the Warden with their utility and potential. And I'm not saying, that these changes should happen now or next month. I simply say, that these changes need to happen at some point, if you want to see Warden as a truly viable tank or DD at some point again. Don't forget that Warden is the only class labeled as a main tank besides Guardian...

    In any case, further steps must be taken to steer the Warden back in the right direction. Enough inspiration can be found in the threads that have been created over the last few years, e. g. here https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...g-Scaling-Bugs


    Quote Originally Posted by BrodhiDDO View Post
    This is great news. Is someone seriously still complaining? For an update that Wardens were going to get nothing, we get double defensive buffs, longer heals, longer dots, and a slight bump to damage across the board. For real if you still want to complain you are doing more harm then good on the forum.
    As far as this statement is concerned, all I can say is that I don't see it as a way of hiding my opinion when I assume that there are still enough problems that need to be addressed. That doesn't help either the developers nor the Warden community.
    Just being happy that a step in the right direction has been taken (and yes - I am very happy that it has finally happened) doesn't mean that you should be content with the current situation. According to my opinion too much has to be done about the Warden. And I consider it more as a mutual exchange with the developers, as a one-sided desire, if one strives for further improvements.
    Gwaihir - Earnan, 120, Warden.

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    In the interest of getting the knowledge out there and setting proper expectation on the scope of what's being done, this is what is currently in the release notes for Update 25.0.1, currently planned for next week:

    All Warden damage over time abilities have had their pulse count increased by two.
    All Warden heal over time abilities have had their pulse count increased by one.
    All Warden Item Set Bonuses that affect damage over time and healing over time have had their pulses reduced to +1.


    Bravo.

  3. #153
    Certainly great changes and really sought by community since lvl 100 cap.
    That said, I think it's fine to leave the last +1 pulse tied to raid armours (if they're gonna be on in the future sets) and then work rest of dps warden with traits/legacies, since most of them are really useless, apart from that, it's a good step into the right way for dps wardens.

    I would like, though to see a word from any dev or anyone from SSG staff about what are the plans on tanking role of warden. Are they gonna try to balance it to be a main tank with the guardian (as it was until lvl 95) or are they gonna focus on the offtank role for warden (which nearly every warden hates) while leaving guard as the only main tank.
    Also blue line should get a future update with more depth. It's not just useless legacies, it's also really bad traits. Nearly half of warden traits in blue line are completely useless for tanking and the rest are useful but not nearly good enough compared to other classes tank traits. And certainly you should look at a way to proper scale warden heals, I think the % of morale with ability to crit approach is the best, since you would only need to balance it once and would be easy to tune up and down.
    Of course with the trait tree revamp in blue line I expect fixing for the free people's capstone and adding at least 1-2 true emergency skills.
    An incoming healing trait would be really good since warden is a class that relies a lot on heals.

    Those are general suggestions and I know blue warden will wait for some months still, but I would just appreciate if you could give some insight on whether you're gonna try to balance it as a main tank or not, because at the moment it's the worst tank for every content (in most fights even worse than champion tanks).

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by BrodhiDDO View Post
    This is great news. Is someone seriously still complaining? For an update that Wardens were going to get nothing, we get double defensive buffs, longer heals, longer dots, and a slight bump to damage across the board. For real if you still want to complain you are doing more harm then good on the forum.
    After this I have no idea when they will go next changes so I would rather they do most they can now,28 sec is not enough to keep all dots up even 32.and 21 hot asuming you use old set is not enough to keep all hots up/barely can keep all up if you do nothing but hot gambits.So while they are doing these changes I would rather see them increase durations bit more and reduce magnitude if needed.
    And it would be good if they could fix change from mordor work that removed initial hit of all dots and put it back in with nerf to aoe gambit hits by that amount.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    In the interest of getting the knowledge out there and setting proper expectation on the scope of what's being done, this is what is currently in the release notes for Update 25.0.1, currently planned for next week:

    All Warden damage over time abilities have had their pulse count increased by two.
    All Warden heal over time abilities have had their pulse count increased by one.
    All Warden Item Set Bonuses that affect damage over time and healing over time have had their pulses reduced to +1.
    Excellent thank you so much. The changes so far are much needed and apreciated for our class thank you!!!!

    If the heals are good enough to keep ups sustained and alive we might be ok but if not we might need to look at the blue line tank spec vs other classes that tank. We dont have any emergency skills available and our mits cap in tank line at 65% with defiant challenge up on cooldown whereas guardian and cappy are much higher.

    Guard:
    70% mits with fortification and +25% with redirect
    Sprint (ability to kite)
    Pledge (% bpe window)
    Juggernaut (100% block chance)
    Warriors Heart (full heal and extra morale bubble)

    Captain:
    Not sure on mits someone will have to add
    Last stand (cant die for duration of the buff)
    Sprint (ability to kite)
    Shield of the dunedain (75% reduction incoming damage)
    Fighting withdrawal (30% parry chance for 30seconds)

    Warden:
    60% mits. 65% with constant use of defiant challenge.
    Never surrender (large morale pot 5 minute cooldown)
    Last edited by Jakreal; Nov 09 2019 at 03:22 AM.

    Dwarrowdelf: R12 Warden Jak\ R8 Minstrell Amoxx\ R10 Runekeeper Smellslike\ R9 reaver Martiall\ R10 Defiler Tussin-1
    Crickhollow: R12 Defiler Tussinn\ R10 Reaver Martiall\ R10 Warg Superiorskill

  6. #156
    So let's compare the new Warden to the 120 Warden in Anvil wearing the Throne gear

    -1 DoT pulses without DoT pulse gear/same with DoT pulses gear
    gained overall damage from the last round of beta changes but lost +25% Bleed damage
    Now has the ability to slot vitality/mitigations

    I don't see the new Warden being worse off than the Warden in Anvil and Warden in Anvil was already in a good spot (assuming you were able to gear around all the old sets). I honestly think dps is more than fine.

    Tanking still is in a bad spot though. Also it's kinda weird that all ranged classes have low CD percentage based self heals but melee do not

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    So let's compare the new Warden to the 120 Warden in Anvil wearing the Throne gear

    -1 DoT pulses without DoT pulse gear/same with DoT pulses gear
    gained overall damage from the last round of beta changes but lost +25% Bleed damage
    Now has the ability to slot vitality/mitigations

    I don't see the new Warden being worse off than the Warden in Anvil and Warden in Anvil was already in a good spot (assuming you were able to gear around all the old sets). I honestly think dps is more than fine.

    Tanking still is in a bad spot though. Also it's kinda weird that all ranged classes have low CD percentage based self heals but melee do not
    DPS will probably be fine,tho I will wait for some t3 runs before I pass judgment,but still rotation is being dumbed down with this change as its imposible to keep all dots up or use any weak buffs you can without losing dot gambits,not to mention no initial hits on dots that it seems 99% of warden playerbase ignores ever since mordor that has again dumbed down rotation.But it seems this is best class can get for now so...

 

 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload