We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Expand the chest, rest is mere details

Select a theme, preferably a Dwarven Theme!

Wander into other people's houses, Goldie Locks style, to get ideas.

Home decorating?

It's ALL Here! >>> https://en.dcodumilieu.fr <<<
    Also, some Great pics in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ouse&p=7694935
    "One thing drives out another." [Barliman Butterbur]

More rare items, house will be better
    Azmah / Guardian / lvl 120
    Artiyail / Hunter / lvl 120 / rank 7

- The Kinship: Odyssey

Since I can't pick anything specifically... I'm gonna list a couple things that I like to do when decorating.

1) Merge items together!!
    - Who knew that you could simply shove a silver candle or Iron Scone under a table and make it appear as if there's a cute little candle on the table
    - a table that's too empty? not if you put the 10 pound salmon trophy on there and hide the stand in the wall behind the table.

2) If you're a hobbit or dwarf, tables are often too high... well good news, just shove em down into the ground!!
    this is generally a nice trick to adjust some items that you may find too tall.

3) you can use tapestries to separate rooms!

Check the link for some examples
    https://imgur.com/a/q1iGPBh

Never paint yourself into a corner.

My tip: GET THE TRAVELING BANKER FROM FIGMENTS VENDOR....IF IT"S EVER AVAILABLE AGAIN...SSG WE'RE LOOKIN' AT YOU!!!

I had my house (yard) set up so I could stand in one spot and be in range of an oven, workbench, forge and study. One square over is farmland and a supplier. Now I set all that up at our kinship house. ("Sorry" neighbor I caught crafting at my house...)

My Housing Tips? When you are a newbie and don't have a lot of coins, I would see the housing venders in each neighborhood. Be sure and visit the one in Gondor as it has some really neat stuff and you can get a free ride over there by just visiting the housing broker at the Bree fountain. If you are low-level be sure you understand you will have to use a milestone or map skill to get back to Bree. Just ask to visit any of the available houses, then ride on over to the community center and get yourself some pretty decent decorations for your house. It is a bit more pricey than the older neighborhoods and some of them have nice stuff as well, so visit all of the housing areas. Once you start earning a better income, then check out the AH of course but beware, most of that stuff is overpriced and some of it is just plain scamming you. Don't go there before you become familiar with the stuff for sale at the housing brokers because unscrupulous (sociopathic maybe) players will purchase housing items that sell at very low prices and will turn around and try to sell them to new players who don't know different, for outrageous prices. Like a dresser may cost around 11 silver if that and some creep will put it for sale for 500s even 1 or more gold. Please don't feed their greed. Get familiar with prices before using AH. Best places to get furniture in my opinion; however, are the things you earn in instances or from completing quests, killing certain bosses, and also loot boxes have some pretty nice things in them as well. I am really happy with a pig pen I got recently....lol. Most of all, have fun decorating your homes.
    Live Simly that Others May Simply Live

Where do I submit screenshots to?

I recommend deciding on a theme before starting, so there is cohesion to your decorating scheme. Also, don't forget to look up pictures of items you may want at D&Co's website!

Good question... so I listen... :>

First things first, the player may have to decide the home size. Then start to think what to get. So the tip would be: some research before and more after, because the things are selled in different locations so

kegs and more kegs \o/ Baruk-Khazad!
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

"Too much" can make everything else "too little" in value.

no home to decorate

Just Go Wild! It's that easy!
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!
    Now playing on Legendary Server, Ithil

For Housing they need to hire a Landscape Service for Belfalas Housing. Considering we pay high Home Owners Association fees every week they should take better care of the grass. It looks like a wild scrub area. In fact, some open fields are better maintained.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Goink View Post
    My tip: GET THE TRAVELING BANKER FROM FIGMENTS VENDOR....IF IT"S EVER AVAILABLE AGAIN...SSG WE'RE LOOKIN' AT YOU!!!
    Yes where is the Figments Vendor? I've been looking for him / her for a long time.

Be artistic!

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstardust View Post
    Be artistic!
    Congratulations, you are this week's winner! PM incoming with a code.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3