We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 83
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by W_T_D View Post
    Will the carryall be available in the store? Limiting it to only people who pre purchased the higher tiers would not be right, especially since this item was not communicated to us in the initial pre purchase offers.
    Get rid of notion of small / large, make the carry-all expandable via store purchases for the number of slots and amount they can stack
    I ask for expand-ability because even at 50 slots it is way too small for a single character, I placed large carryall in my bag, gathered and all slots were full, there were many items left in my bags, and dozens more in the vault I could not add.
    I'd rather have a carryall with 100+ slots and 2000 stack over a 50 slot 5000 stack. In all seriousness, who would ever need to have 5000 of a craft-able item?
    Make the carryall more like the premium wallet, accessible by all characters, but with the ability to remove items by quantity.
    Gather should also work with items in the vault
    I agree with everything you are saying except for the stack size I think it should be left alone.

  2. #27
    it would also be nice if they made some Carry-all Bags for task items

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,770
    Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZane View Post
    it would also be nice if they made some Carry-all Bags for task items
    They're in the itemdb, as well as instrument and essence Carry-alls. I also believe that Cordovan mentioned the task one on his stream today.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    They're in the itemdb, as well as instrument and essence Carry-alls. I also believe that Cordovan mentioned the task one on his stream today.
    thanks for the info thanks

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    114

    It works, still better design is possible

    I'm very happy to hear about the carry-all due to more storage space, at the same time, while it's perfect on a single character, it does not help at all in sharing items between different alts (which is the main feature the community is asking for, as far as I can understand)

    Thinking in a 'solving user needs' way:

    User have multiple characters, every character can drop every kind of crafting items profession/tier wise. We need a way to easily bring each item to the correct character so that if I am on scholar and need to craft scholar things, I do not need to relog to some other character to send over mats etc.
    (Atm I am solving it with shared storage or by mailing item bulks from time to time)

    What could be a solution?

    More shared storage slots
    A shared storage only for crafting items
    An auto sendToCharacterOnDrop

    Sure: i can put my 50 carryall in the shared storage and fill it with what I need, but then I won't bring it on any char and crafting items keeps overflowing in bags. I hpe the design coukd be perfectioned in the future

    Also ,if there is no chanche to get more, 50 slots are not enough for a single crafting profession

    Consider chanche to get more OR to expand existing ones


    Yageer Silverscale - playing LOTRO since 2007

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by YageerSilverscale View Post
    I'm very happy to hear about the carry-all due to more storage space, at the same time, while it's perfect on a single character, it does not help at all in sharing items between different alts (which is the main feature the community is asking for, as far as I can understand)

    Thinking in a 'solving user needs' way:

    User have multiple characters, every character can drop every kind of crafting items profession/tier wise. We need a way to easily bring each item to the correct character so that if I am on scholar and need to craft scholar things, I do not need to relog to some other character to send over mats etc.
    (Atm I am solving it with shared storage or by mailing item bulks from time to time)

    What could be a solution?

    More shared storage slots
    A shared storage only for crafting items
    An auto sendToCharacterOnDrop

    Sure: i can put my 50 carryall in the shared storage and fill it with what I need, but then I won't bring it on any char and crafting items keeps overflowing in bags. I hpe the design coukd be perfectioned in the future

    Also ,if there is no chanche to get more, 50 slots are not enough for a single crafting profession

    Consider chanche to get more OR to expand existing ones
    I not sure if I am fully understanding you though this is what I gather from what you posted

    1.your asking for is more slots in the crafting bag.

    2.your asking for the crafting bag to be accessible by any character your logged into without having to go to the shared storage to grab it when you log on and without having to go to the shared storage to put it away each time you log out.

    if this is correct I agree with both here are my reasons for agreeing

    reason for agreeing with you on the slots is there are literally hundreds of types of crafting items just in prospector there are 70 types of crafting materials and the largest bag only holds 50 types (please note this is counting only up to the latest tier before the update which was previewed on bullroarer) so with that being said the bags need to be bigger if they are to be practical the size needs to be increased to at least 150 so that it will cover all materials in one vocation.
    for it to cover

    reason for agreeing with you on going to the vault each time you log in or out it can get very annoying for someone that has more then one character to have to go to the vault keeper each time you login or out of a character just to put one item in there or take it out and having to remember taking it out each time and to put it away each time.
    Last edited by ZepherZane; Oct 19 2019 at 01:55 PM.

  7. #32
    I personally think the bag should be a skill not a item so you can use the skill to open the bag and every character on your account would gain this skill when logged into the first time after buying it and the space in the bag should be shared between all characters on the server you are playing on.

    doing this would solve some potential problems and give some benefits that I shall list now.

    potential problems

    1. someone could easily accidentally throw out of there bag either of the bags holding there crafting goods and not be able to get it back.
    2. getting more then one on a account so you could have more room.
    3. getting complaints about accidentally throwing it out.

    potential benefits

    1. if all characters on your account got the skills to open this each type of bag it would also remove the problem of which server you logged into first.
    1. how? it is because every character on each server you play on would have the skill to open the bags and put items in.

    2. it would make it so that you would have one more slot.
    2.how? it would be because the bags would not be taking up any room in your inventory.

    3. you could access it without opening your inventory unless you were taking stuff out of it.
    3. how because it would be a usable skill making it so you could just open the crafting bag instead of having to open it via using a item which needs used from the bag(unless linked to the skill bar).

    4.people would be able to have a account wide version of the bag skill and it would be ok because it would only give you access to the same bag even if you had 50 skills all of them would open the same bag.

    5. you could make it one bag instead of two so that people that bought the ultimate edition would have 60 slots and the ones that bought the other versions would have 10 slots this would also make it so you could add a option to increase the size of the crafting bag by buying more slots for it.

    I also think it should show how many items are in the crafting bag and how much space is left and what the max slots are for the bag.

  8. #33
    As currently implemented, the carry-all bags don't really solve any existing problem. They don't free up inventory space while questing since you have to click on them to gather. They don't allow for shared use among characters since you still have to transfer the carry-all bags among characters using existing (cumbersome) methods. It would be much better if we could just craft from shared storage, housing storage, or kin storage (other similar games have some form of this option). Being able to access shared storage from anywhere (like mail) would also be nice. I'd be willing to pay for the improvements I describe, but carry-all bags, not so much.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbir View Post
    As currently implemented, the carry-all bags don't really solve any existing problem. They don't free up inventory space while questing since you have to click on them to gather. They don't allow for shared use among characters since you still have to transfer the carry-all bags among characters using existing (cumbersome) methods. It would be much better if we could just craft from shared storage, housing storage, or kin storage (other similar games have some form of this option). Being able to access shared storage from anywhere (like mail) would also be nice. I'd be willing to pay for the improvements I describe, but carry-all bags, not so much.
    well I figure that the bags are a stepping stone to something better just like the original legendary items were a stepping stone to imbued legendary items.

    so they are ok as is.... although they can be better and I feel that a lot of people would agree with me that they could be better.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZane View Post
    well I figure that the bags are a stepping stone to something better just like the original legendary items were a stepping stone to imbued legendary items.

    so they are ok as is.... although they can be better and I feel that a lot of people would agree with me that they could be better.
    They are indeed a stepping stone, go to store, buy upgrades.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    They are indeed a stepping stone, go to store, buy upgrades.
    what do you mean by upgrades?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,297
    Pretty much anything I would suggest for the bags has been mentioned already:

    Crafting pulling from the carry-all itself
    Automatically store crafting items in the bag(goes hand-in-hand with crafting pulling directly from the bag itself)
    More slots instead of larger stack sizes
    Easier transfer between characters(perhaps just a passive slot that appears on all characters on a server?)

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12

    Thumbs up I'd pay $500 USD for...

    I'd pay $500 USD per account (I have three) for an upgrade that removed inventory hassles:
    - Multi-select drag-and-drop into and out of bags and transfer windows. This would solve so. much. pain.
    - Account vault: Unlimited unique items, and unlimited stack sizes (or MAXINT). Yes, personal vaults would become pointless. Good.
    - All vaults, including house vaults I have permissions on, accessible anywhere, on every character, via menu.

    And since it's probably impossible to do this without doing it for everyone, please also do this for everyone:
    - Make almost everything stackable (for example: armor items, non-legendary weapons, and unidentified legendary weapons).
    - Anything that can stack, can stack to 5000 everywhere (bag, house vault, auction hall, transfer window, etc). The exception would be the unlimited account vault.

    I know most people would probably not pay that much for this. Just saying... I would. Three times.

    I like that SSG realizes there is demand for inventory management improvements, and I appreciate the carryall as a step in that direction! I'll be forking over my cash before the end of the holiday season. Please take it as an indicator to keep up the good work!

    (Cross-posted from https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ng-News!/page6)

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I wanted to chime in here for moment and say that some of the feedback we've heard from you with regards to these items are:

    * Craft from the bag.
    * Automatically put items in the bag. (I am farming ore, I pick up ore, more ore goes directly into the carryall)

    Feel free to provide more, thanks!
    These need to be bound to account or account wide where every character receives them at log in per character, I know you need to make money (guessing you will add them later in Lotro store for LP ) but this is a digital item we are paying an extra money for, honestly It be a hard pass for me to buy the ultimate fan bundle this time. It's a great idea that is long over do with these bags.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post

    Crafting Carry-Alls - Auto-gather functionality has been added to the crafting bags. This will gather items as they are acquired (items removed from a Carry-all or a Vault will not be auto-gathered).
    Tyvm for working to add this! Another step in the right direction!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

    Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I wanted to chime in here for moment and say that some of the feedback we've heard from you with regards to these items are:

    * Craft from the bag.
    * Automatically put items in the bag. (I am farming ore, I pick up ore, more ore goes directly into the carryall)

    Feel free to provide more, thanks!
    i need my 120 aria on Laurelin character and the carry all bag on evernight characters!
    give us 1 the cary all earlier so i can use them accordinlly!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    i need my 120 aria on Laurelin character and the carry all bag on evernight characters!
    give us 1 the cary all earlier so i can use them accordinlly!
    You will not have an issue if/when they open up the Shared Storage/Wallet/Wardrobe/Housing Chest transfers again. You can just transfer them over.

    EU -> EU is not the issue. It's EU -> US which can't be done.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  18. #43

    Preview 2

    Bags now have an "Auto-Gather" option you can toggle on them

    They don't carry scrolls or recipes tho.

    You can remove a stack from the Carry-all by double-clicking on it instead of dragging.

    It's still impossible to split stacks when dragging from the Carry-all to Inventory.

    And it's still impossible to craft with ingredients that are inside the Carry-alls

    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

    Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Bags now have an "Auto-Gather" option you can toggle on them

    They don't carry scrolls or recipes tho.

    You can remove a stack from the Carry-all by double-clicking on it instead of dragging.

    It's still impossible to split stacks when dragging from the Carry-all to Inventory.

    And it's still impossible to craft with ingredients that are inside the Carry-alls

    I would like to point out that a bug came with adding the "Auto-Gather" option that causes nodes to stay even when empty.

    I am enjoying everything else about the "Auto-Gather" option as well as the bags and everything they offer

  20. #45
    While I think you could have gone further with the implementation, I have found the 50-slot bag to be quite useful while questing around the new MM regions. The 10-slot bag seems like it will be far too restrictive to be of any use though. Why is it not more like 20/25 slots?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by W_T_D View Post
    Will the carryall be available in the store? Limiting it to only people who pre purchased the higher tiers would not be right, especially since this item was not communicated to us in the initial pre purchase offers.
    Get rid of notion of small / large, make the carry-all expandable via store purchases for the number of slots and amount they can stack
    I ask for expandability because even at 50 slots it is way too small for a single character, I placed large carryall in my bag, gathered and all slots were full, there were many items left in my bags, and dozens more in the vault I could not add.
    I'd rather have a carryall with 100+ slots and 2000 stack over a 50 slot 5000 stack. In all seriousness, who would ever need to have 5000 of a craftable item?
    Make the carryall more like the premium wallet, accessible by all characters, but with the ability to remove items by quantity.
    Gather should also work with items in the vault
    Agreed! I haven't got time to play LOTRO much lately, but I thought I would have to buy the most expensive expansion just because of that carry-all, because I thought my alts would benefit from that (and like said in this thread, the small carry-all is WAY too small for being useful), but seems like I understood this item wrong as I imagined it being as a shared storage inside your bags that all your characters can get access to. But seems like the only way you can share the contents of carry-all is to put it in shared storage and then grab it every time you switch between characters. Well, that's not worth the money so seems like I am going to buy the cheapest expansion... :/

    Also, it would be odd if they did not include carry-all bag to store so those who are interested only in that can buy it from there. So I hope they put it in store! Even better, make it so that you can expand it like you can with shared storage or wardrobe.

  22. #47
    Hopefully the $1,000 Gold Bags are being excluded from this new item consolidation system. Some confirmation would be appreciated by a BlueName.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  23. #48
    I think the bags are responsible for causing inventory issues, since i started to test them not all my inventory slots in my normal bags are filled and stuff is going into overflow, can't loot some things like LIs from the overflow, get an error.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Albany New York
    Posts
    1,112
    What happens if you pull a stack (that can't be split coming out) of 5,000 hides to Inventory, are you going to get 10 stacks of 500? Overflow?
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,533

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    What happens if you pull a stack (that can't be split coming out) of 5,000 hides to Inventory, are you going to get 10 stacks of 500? Overflow?
    I have not tested that during the last beta, but on first beta if You did that You got a stack of 500 in your bag and the rest stayed in carry-all. So 5.000 dragged out became a stack of 500 in Your regular bag and 4.500 stayed in Your carry-all. Then they added more functions to the carry-all due to our request and maybe that is causing issues ??? No idea as not tested after those new functions were added. I've had very limited time during the week to play or test anything, then Friday beta went down.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload