We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

End game suggestion for 3 classes and 3 professions

Hi fellow tolkein lovers! I'm wanting to roll a few toons on Landroval server and I think i'll limit myself to just 3 or 4 toons. With end-game content as the focus, what would the community suggest are the most requested/desired classes for end game group content? Along those lines, what would you suggest I choose for professions? I am assuming that Cook and Scholar are still viable vocations for Food and Pots, etc., and Jewellry is still worth crafting? With armor and weapons heavily replaced by bartered or raid-dropped variations, I'm assuming weaponsmith, armorer and woodworker are "meh".

So I'm thinking Cook, Scholar, Tinker and maybe an explorer.

Thank you all for your ideas and input on end-game viable classes and professions!

Quote Originally Posted by in2thebrink View Post
    Hi fellow tolkein lovers! I'm wanting to roll a few toons on Landroval server and I think i'll limit myself to just 3 or 4 toons. With end-game content as the focus, what would the community suggest are the most requested/desired classes for end game group content? Along those lines, what would you suggest I choose for professions? I am assuming that Cook and Scholar are still viable vocations for Food and Pots, etc., and Jewellry is still worth crafting? With armor and weapons heavily replaced by bartered or raid-dropped variations, I'm assuming weaponsmith, armorer and woodworker are "meh".

So I'm thinking Cook, Scholar, Tinker and maybe an explorer.

Thank you all for your ideas and input on end-game viable classes and professions!
    Good luck with the grind. I suggest guardian, hunter, captain.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

I'd suggest hunter, beorning or minstrel , captain, loremaster.

That way you can fill most roles.

So unlike other MMOs lotro does not only have the standard trinity but in addition to tanks, healers and dps you got support classes as well

Tank classes are Guardian, Captain, Beorning, Champion and Warden. Most raids use 1 Guardian and 1 Captain though Beornings are viable as well. Warden and Champion not really
    Healers are Minstrel, Beorning, Runekeeper and Captain. Currently most raids use a Minstrel and a Beorning. Runekeeper is the worst healer on live but will get a revamp which will be released on the beta test server today (so we'll see). Captain is decent but not quite as useful as Minstrel/Beorning
    Supporters are Loremaster, Burglar and Captain. Raids typically use 1 of each
    DPS are Runekeeper, hunter, Champion, Warden and Burglar. All those are viable

I'd think what roles you prefer to play, but tank, healer and support are searched for more than dps. Though if you are a good dps you'll find a spot in endgame as well, but there's loads of mediocre/bad dps

Each class has a unique play style. Some have a static rotation, others a dynamic priority system. Some are melee others ranged
    I'd approach it that way: do you want to play tank/dps/heal, melee or ranged, what kind of gameplay do you want (proactive/reactive, static/dynamic). Then I could recommend you a class or classes

For crafting: Tinker and Historian sorta complement each other. Historian, Farmer ability can provide for Tinker's Cook, and Tinker's Prospector provides for Historian's Weaponsmithing. Most versatile third would likely be Explorer. Though you will most likely be making an Armorer craft alt as well at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    For crafting: Tinker and Historian sorta complement each other. Historian, Farmer ability can provide for Tinker's Cook, and Tinker's Prospector provides for Historian's Weaponsmithing. Most versatile third would likely be Explorer. Though you will most likely be making an Armorer craft alt as well at some point.
    Hi, yes I will make crafting alts for each profession that is not tied to one of my leveling alts. I should also note that I have 14 toons on Arkenstone server, many are in the 95 level range, so I am not new to this game; I just wondered which 3 or 4 classes are most requested in end-game raids as well as which professions are most viable/usefull at the end game level cap..

Thanks everyone!