We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: World Transfers

The Shared Items Transfer will always be a free service and will be available even if you have moved all characters off of a world, just in case you moved a character and left some account level items behind.

495 Lotro points is not free ?!

I'm very disappointed that they're charging us 495 LP (aka TP for longtime lotro players) for transferring shared items, currency, etc. I for one will not be using the transfer system for shared items anymore (I'd maybe consider using it if the cost was maybe 95 TP or less, 495 TP is too much to ask for in my opinion), since it's no longer free to transfer the items. I'm not one of those people that would abuse it to transfer motes, embers of enchantment, etc. If SSG was so worried about that, they could of added another wall to block those from being transferred. I'd only transfer items when I need the bag and vault space. Why would I want to abuse it to transfer motes, etc when I don't care about them when I'd transfer items especially, when I already have a main game world. Although, it'd be nice to have an option of what shared currency and items we'd want to transfer instead of having to transfer everything in shared storage, shared currency, etc. I for one wouldn't want to move anything, but my items between world servers.

I do understand charging for character transfers and I'll leave that topic alone.

Quote Originally Posted by NebTaDjeser View Post
    The Shared Items Transfer will always be a free service and will be available even if you have moved all characters off of a world, just in case you moved a character and left some account level items behind.

495 Lotro points is not free ?!
    As someone said, i can understand cost for character but not for shared items.. I wont pay for that... Guess i have to leave some stuff behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyllia View Post
    si il leurs à fallu 9 mois pour remettre le transfert entre un serveur actif vers un autre serveur actif, il va leur falloir 10 ans pour remettre les transferts de serveurs fermer vers les serveurs actifs...Sa promet encore cette histoire, on est pas prêt de transferer nos personnages depuis le serveur Estel... Sa fait vraiment le serpent qui ce mord la queue
    Here, so those of the LOTRO player base, that do not read French, can understand.

Google translate says -
    "Ici, pour que ceux de la base de joueurs du LOTRO, qui ne lisent pas le français, puissent comprendre."

Google translate says -
    "if it took them 9 months to postpone the transfer between an active server to another active server,it will take them 10 years to reset the transfers from the servers to the active servers ...Its still promises this story, we're not ready to transfer our characters from the Estel server ...Its really the snake that bites its tail"
    Last edited by Gandolf_TheOld; May 22 2020 at 07:05 AM.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by darthi View Post
    i have the same Problem.. one of chars transfer instantly and two are not transfer,the storagetransfer is failing also
    Maybe the shared storage transfer is corrupted. I didn't use the shared transfer on my first character move. Only for second and it fails.
    On a crusade against fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Ok, world transfers open, and we don't have summer yet. Anyone want to say "Thank you" to developers?
    Not really, I still cant transfer the characters I had on a closed server.

I came back to the game hoping to progress them further during my 7 weeks off work. I am now due to go back to work and have missed the chance to explore middle earth like I used to. Surely it would make more sense for them to move characters manually, its not like we will keep coming back to move them from old servers - its a one time move.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesgar View Post
    Not really, I still cant transfer the characters I had on a closed server.
    Yes the same here.
    Lot of time and money invested in the game and still no character back ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Ok, world transfers open, and we don't have summer yet. Anyone want to say "Thank you" to developers?
    no? because I still don't have the ability to transfer my old characters from closed worlds.

I also don't really understand why housing stuff pre 2014 won't transfer if you haven't logged in to the character since then...that's really disappointing, especially for someone that has had an account since beta and has a lot of items they want back. Take a break from the game because you are unhappy, come back and find that you can't have all you belongings back?

Anyone watching streams and have any info about this topic? Whether if they will give us grace period or something or not?

So we can decide to continue game as accept the way it is right now or if it is gonna change? I am tired of following this and getting no responses so I wonder if anyone follow streams etc. please inform us, appreciated!

Ty

I think the charge is to distract us from questioning the decision/process that made transfers incompatible for so long.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17