We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Fundamental difference between riffler and chisel?

Is there any fundamental difference between a "chisel" and a "riffler"? By fundamental difference, I mean other than the buffs they provide. If, say a riffler and a chisel happened to have the same buffs/stat boosts, are there uses for either the chisel or the riffler that are not the same?

"I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    Right. And that doesn't answer the question at all. That wiki page lists buffs, but doesn't say anything of any detail regarding why some items are called chisels and some are called rifflers:

Chisels

Simple Chisel can be purchased from any Rune-keeper Trainer
    Chisels are crafted by Metalsmiths

Rifflers

Simple Riffler can be purchased from any Rune-keeper Trainer
    Rifflers are crafted by Metalsmiths

Not so informative... Obviously if one looks at buffs there is a difference. That was not the question.

Back in the day chisels used to be dps oriented while rifflers were healing oriented..however with the stat changes in isengard that is no longer a thing

Riffler had I believe something with prelude to hope, healing threat and something with writs
    Chisels had icpr, resistance penetration and something with the charged buff

Nowadays, unless there is a special chisel/riffler like at 105 just pick the highest level lightning version

If both would have the same stats it won´t make a difference which of both you wear.
    So just look at the stas you prefer and take it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRaymarK View Post
    Right. And that doesn't answer the question at all. That wiki page lists buffs, but doesn't say anything of any detail regarding why some items are called chisels and some are called rifflers:

Chisels

Simple Chisel can be purchased from any Rune-keeper Trainer
    Chisels are crafted by Metalsmiths

Rifflers

Simple Riffler can be purchased from any Rune-keeper Trainer
    Rifflers are crafted by Metalsmiths

Not so informative... Obviously if one looks at buffs there is a difference. That was not the question.
    Actually that page does answer the question, there is no longer any fundamental differences between the two anymore.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Back in the day chisels used to be dps oriented while rifflers were healing oriented..however with the stat changes in isengard that is no longer a thing

Riffler had I believe something with prelude to hope, healing threat and something with writs
    Chisels had icpr, resistance penetration and something with the charged buff

Nowadays, unless there is a special chisel/riffler like at 105 just pick the highest level lightning version
    Thanks for the background information. It is much more helpful than the wiki since it doesn't say that sort of thing directly.