We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Crafting News!

The new "crafting bags", could and should work identical to "shared storage." Just totally separate. Just my opinion, but every toon should, having purchased with real money, NOT have an added extra inconvenience.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Small Carry All is ten individual crafting item stacks, and each stack can hold up to 2,000 of the item. Large Carry All is fifty unique crafting item stacks that each stack up to 5,000.
    Would it be accurate to say the function of the crafting bags is on par with the gem or collectable bags in DDO?

Quote Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
    Would it be accurate to say the function of the crafting bags is on par with the gem or collectable bags in DDO?
    That's what I immediately thought of when I read about it. Those bags are a definite space saver over there. And 'auto-gather' is a time saver

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Small Carry All is ten individual crafting item stacks, and each stack can hold up to 2,000 of the item. Large Carry All is fifty unique crafting item stacks that each stack up to 5,000.
    this is great news!
    but i have a problem,
    while i need those crafting bags on evernight,especially the big one for my cook), same time i need the lvl 120 Aria on Laurerandir!
    plz consider those bags, to be 1 per server!!!!
    or are they going to be a store item too?????
    this option would be great for the people already bought the standard edition but want/need the carry all bag!!!
    Last edited by Valakircka; Oct 12 2019 at 05:03 AM.
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    The new "crafting bags", could and should work identical to "shared storage." Just totally separate. Just my opinion, but every toon should, having purchased with real money, NOT have an added extra inconvenience.
    Should have been that way, I agree. I'll wait until I see what they've done with crafting before considering purchasing higher bundles for these bags. After what they did in the Vales with crafted relics and in Ered Mithrin with high material costs and shards required to make even the most basic of purple crafted recipes, I have very little faith in any future crafting being valuable enough to even need extra storage for crafting - even if they were giving it away. Seems to me they wiped crafting off the map with the last two regions, and maybe these bags are supposed to breath a little life back into it, but seriously, there is no point in providing extra space to carry higher amounts of crafting items, if they don't fix crafting to warrant the need of the extras.

Time will tell I suppose.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

The ultimate qol feature would be an account wide shared crafting storage with many big stack slots, that allows pulling its mats automatically while crafting.
    Extracting items to a normal inventory should require a vault(master) nearby.

Crafting...
    I have recently been persuaded to replace the fervour and focus potions on my champ and hunter. They both had a stack of Westermnet potions that hardly get used because I don't raid these days. Both have 40% on devastate magnitude. So I start to craft the Ironfold version of the fervour pot and see the magnitude is up to 45% and continue to make a stack then move over to the focus potion... Except I see the hunter version has no increased percentage and comparing with the Westermnet one it's no difference, it just hasn't been upgraded.

How can any of us have any confidence in a craft update when every craft is littered with so many inconsistencies like this and seemingly beyond the devs to notice, acknowledge or fix? Surely their boss would at least give them the time to go and repair the damage done before embarking on another hyped up craft update. Just what ideas for crafting can you possibly come up with if you have only demonstrated a complete lack of appreciation of all aspects of crafting for several years with each new tier repeating the mistakes of prior tiers until the lowest of lows for the Ironfold tier.

Oh the joy, a bag to loose track of your mats in.

And then we find it's just a copy of something in DDO. If we all wanted to play DDO we'd be playing it already. We play Lotro.
    If your intellect can't fathom my reasoning it's me who's unreasonable?

If this winds up in the store later then we are stuck with a sub par crafting wallet in respect to what is becoming normative in other games. It's problematic to sell something and then make that item obsolete a few months later. If this is the best the engine can do then fine and thank you, just let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    The ultimate qol feature would be an account wide shared crafting storage with many big stack slots, that allows pulling its mats automatically while crafting.
    Extracting items to a normal inventory should require a vault(master) nearby.
    You mean a Premium wallet with the ability to select items and "Withdraw Stack" "Remove Quantity" or "Delete" buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    So I start to craft the Ironfold version of the fervour pot and see the magnitude is up to 45% and continue to make a stack then move over to the focus potion... Except I see the hunter version has no increased percentage and comparing with the Westermnet one it's no difference, it just hasn't been upgraded.
    Convenience factor. If you are doing EM/Vale content, chances are you are getting a fair amount of Ironfold materials.
    Suppose devs decided that focus potion was already good enough. In fact, there is no Anorien or Doomfold version, and I suspect a lot of people were running low on their Westemnet mat stashes. If I were using those potions a lot, going back to farm Westemnet materials would be a chore. Being able to make same item with Ironfold materials is definitely a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    You mean a Premium wallet with the ability to select items and "Withdraw Stack" "Remove Quantity" or "Delete" buttons?
    Something like that for crafting mats, yeah. I really enjoyed how guild wars 2 handled crafting mats with their extra bag(s). Saves so much time!

Announcing: New Crafting Carry-alls for our Ultimate Fan and Collector's Editions!

We are making our Ultimate Fan and Collector’s Editions of Minas Morgul even better! When Minas Morgul launches, all players who purchase the Ultimate Fan and Collector's Edition will have Carry-alls delivered to them. A Carry-all helps you consolidate and organize your inventory by storing your various crafting materials inside it using only one slot of space. Because these Carry-alls are Bound to Account, sharing crafting materials amongst your characters becomes easier.

The Collector's and Ultimate editions will grant a Small Crafting Carry-all that will hold 10 different types of unique crafting items that will allow each stack to go up to 2000.

The Ultimate Fan edition will grant an additional Large Crafting Carry-all that will hold up to 50 types of unique crafting items that will allow each stack to go up to 5000!

These items will be delivered once per account, and will be delivered to the first character you log in to after Minas Morgul launches. If you play on multiple servers, please make sure to first log into the server where you want these Carry-alls delivered.
    Thanks for adding this new feature! It will greatly help carrying & trading crafting materials on us, crafter players altoholics. I hope that at some point that feature will also be available to unlock on store with LP. As some of the players will buy LP with $$$ to unlock Minas Morgul & are interested on this new feature but don't mind the fluff on the presales.

I agree with what some players said that will be better if those bags where a ney kind of storage UI, that you can use on all alts instead a token that you can move around between alts, as it may accidentally be lost (when you forget what alt last used it), erased (when deleted a alt) or simply destroyed (when dragged out the inventory).

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I dont understand why need new bags in bags. Just add a new icons next to inventory bags (we need update for menu bar too) which are basically grey and you need to unlocked them. You can buy + slots in store. Looks better, you can save spots and players NEVER can drop them.
    Last edited by AaylaKheledlire; Oct 12 2019 at 11:57 AM.

I think these bags are a good idea. If they work as intended than there is so much more possibilites that can be done such as bags for task items. What I reconize is that the game is old and sometimes it is easier to add a new item to do what players want than to try and customize an old part of the game without breaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Weird decision. Such things must be announced before players decide which version of Minas Morgul they want to buy. Hope they sell it in lotro store
    Yes, or provide a statement with the announcement about how you might contact SSG to punt your original purchase to allow you to get the higher-tier upgrade with the carry-all.

They really got to rethink this 'automatic delivery' thing.
    Some people will want their AoV package on a different server.
    Some people will want the small bag on one server, and large on the other.

EverQuest handle things like this quite nicely. You type /claim, which brings up a window with list of all eligible rewards. And you select from there. Allows you decide which character on which server gets the reward. None of that 'first to log in' nonsense.

My concerns about practical usability and pricing:
    As of today, my chars have a total of ~300 unique crafting items, not taking into account the fact that some of them have multiple stacks - so in total it is definitely more than 300 slots. This is not the maximum number of items, as I just collect stuff as I get it (landscape) or need it (farmer/cook). I am quite sure I could produce another set of 50-100 farmer/cook items that are not in my collection. The LOTRO Wiki has 410 pages and not all items (e.g. rime) are included.

So, in terms of slots:

• A carry-all bag with 10 items like in the collector's edition is a drop in the ocean.
    • A carry-all bag with 50 items is 1/6th to 1/8th of what people actually have.

Practical usability:
    • The carry-all is an item in a regular slot, no account-wide wallet or similar. At least I can be sure that the required carry-all will be in the pockets of another char *every* time I need it (instead of shared storage). Of course, with sufficient discipline, it could be better. Shared wallets would of course bring the problem of moving things out of the storage (for trade etc). I do not know if there is a solution for that, but the current one has clear drawbacks.
    • Multiple carry-alls will be needed, but will not have labels.
    • A crafting bag in a crafting system that requires grind, raid or store ingredients for almost everything might not make that much sense. We need recipes for the cake, not only for the cherries on the cake. There was a time when a fully leveled crafter/guild was something and there was some gold to earn for some time after the release.

Pricing:
    • The items can satisfy 1/6th to 1/30th of the need. The future price will define if this is a highly desired item or a shelf-warmer. Currently, I would bet on the latter. The connection to collector's / ultimate edition suggest a direction.

The idea is good, but the realization has severe problems.

I was very excited by the announcement and the general description, but the details leave me with a bit of disappointment yet also relief that this isn't something I need to purchase.

Guild Wars 2 has completely spoiled me for crafting storage. Account-wide material storage in your vault with a single button in your inventory bags that deposits all crafting materials automatically no matter where you are, and no searching for and dragging all your mats from storage to bags to craft. Until we get something closer to that, I'll stick with the status quo.

But thanks for the effort in the right direction!
    Last edited by gildhur; Oct 12 2019 at 03:12 PM.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Helpful, but should work more like the bags in DDO

This could help me clear out my shared storage vault where I keep all the crafting items usable by multiple crafts, but it's going to be a big pain in the butt with constant vault visits. It would be much more useful if each character got their own bag, then I might have a hope of one character being able to store all their crafting items AND all their single use recipes in one vault, instead of the weird multiple character/multiple vault/multiple storage kin nightmare I have going on now, lol.

Thank you very much for adding these, as every little bit of storage helps, but please figure out a way to make it so every character can have their own bags. DDOs bag system pls. I don't even care if they break lore.

I'll file this under "better than a stick in the eye".

Crafting has been far more tedious than worthwhile since Mordor if not before, but this would improve it slightly for folks who can and wish to pony up.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    My completely amateurish often-LotRO Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/moondog548

I have an idea! How about an option to convert low tier crafting material into Universal Ingredient Packs? This could help to save even more space, and these packs are already using the account wide shared wallet storage!
    It might be a good idea to create new packs seperated for each tier, so you cannot use t1 mats to craft doomfold items. This way the items don't have to be bind on account and can be traded as usual.

good idea but needs more work

I have to agree with everything thinx said about the carry all bags. The idea is great but the actual implementation is severely lacking when any one crafting profession can easily amass hundred to few hundred different unique crafting items, the limit on the large bag is laughable not to say anything about the 10 slot bag. Now maybe they are thinking we will only carry mats for the most recent tiers of crafting and no more, but some professions (like a cook) require mats from earlier tiers so that's a problem. Also a lot of people have more than one toon for many different reasons and they aren't all created at the same time so people will hold on too earlier crafting mats to make stuff for their lower lvl toons not to mention making stuff for lvl toons of other players who may not have the particular profession.

Personally if they are going to keep the limit of 50 items for the large bag
    - we must have a way of attaining more bags for a reasonable price (limited within reason, say to a max of 6-10 bags)
    - a way to name each bag (quality of life, so we are not guessing which bag has what)

Other thoughts

- have items auto withdraw form the carry all when crafting (again quality of life)
    - something like this should be available to everyone not just those who bought the collectors or ultimate editions

As is stands I'm not sure if the carry all is really an improvement as it stands, I takes more steps to get to the crafting mats in the bag and you cant even carry all the mats you may need for a profession the only benefit I see currently is the max stack size.

I really like the way ESO does it, at least for those who pay for VIP. They have an essentially bottomless reagent bag where all crafting materials are automatically deposited, apart from your bags, and you can craft directly from those bags. I suspect the LOTRO game engine can’t readily support that, though. It makes crafting a lot less painful because the inventory management aspect of crafting can really suck.

Frankly to me it seems more trouble than it is worth, since you (a) have to keep transferring the bag from one crafter to another on your server, and (b) search for the mats to take out of said bag before crafting. Yes, it frees up storage but adds some hassle factor, too. I guess it depends on how much someone needs more storage.
    Last edited by ziggy29; Oct 13 2019 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    So, in terms of slots:

• A carry-all bag with 10 items like in the collector's edition is a drop in the ocean.
    • A carry-all bag with 50 items is 1/6th to 1/8th of what people actually have.

Pricing:
    • The items can satisfy 1/6th to 1/30th of the need. The future price will define if this is a highly desired item or a shelf-warmer. Currently, I would bet on the latter. The connection to collector's / ultimate edition suggest a direction.
    Agreed. I don't think it's been thoroughly thought out, but that's no surprise really, as nothing crafting related has been very well thought out since the Wastes (when crafting was turned into a rep grind) and especially since Mordor, EM and the Vales.

It begs the questions . . . . .

Are they even aware that for tailor alone, there are . . .

12 different types of hide (that,s the small bag - done and dusted with 2 hides left out)
    27 different types of leather.

And that's keeping very basic, leaving out things like shavings, wax, shards or crit items.

Adding Ore to the mix for the prospecting side of Explorer . . .

12 different types of raw ore
    35 different types of ingot.

The result = not even one explorer has enough space in the bags to carry the most basic items and that's if they have both bags.

And as you state, let's not even start to think about cook.

I'm beginning to wonder, if these bags have been introduced to just cover the new MM crafting, and that is a very discouraging thought.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I can't believe there is any excitement over this.

Not only have they introduced a new crafting bag for a mini-game that they have all but neglected and erased from this game (crafting is almost completely useless and has been for years),
    but they gate it behind $130.

LOOOOOOOOOOL

This might be the biggest faceplant ever from SSG.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast