We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Aria of the Valar question

Hi all,

Having played my captain to 120, I am considering using an AoV upgrade to level my hunter who is currently sitting in the 50s. However, I have a question:

Are the virtue tomes you get with the AoV account bound/useable on any character you choose, or do they have to be used on the one you bought the AoV for?

I ask this because my captain has lots of virtues in ranks he doesn’t need, having been switched over in the virtue update, but my hunter’s virtues have been planned better as he accumulated most of his deeds after the changes. The captain has now wasted a lot of virtue XP, and it will also be easier to catch up the hunter as he will kill stuff much faster.

Thanks in advance for any information

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Shameless self-bump! Does anybody know the answer to this question? So far I have found out that the virtue tomes are granted by a quest after using the AoV, but nowhere does it say if they are account or character bound.

Your captain may have virtues he won't ever slot but has the VXP sources in the game to max out all virtues eventually (with a small end-game grind) and gain the most out of the passive stats the unslotted provide.
    You hunter may have the means to max out the chosen few comfortably but if you also want to eventually cap all virtues they are at a disadvantage because of how the change over was handled. It's an extra several months of end-game grind in addition to completing all the fixed one off virtue deeds.

I'm all but sure the VXP token at bound to char, but it makes more sense to use them on the hunter rather than boost your captain's virtues, short term gain for cappy against long term fail on the hunter?
    If your intellect can't fathom my reasoning it's me who's unreasonable?

Yes the Virtue XP tomes are BOUND to that character only unfortunately. Which makes absolutely no sense to me as you will have 1-2 tomes left after maxing ur main 5 virtues. You could use them on other virtues you want to swap in, but I'd rather just give them to another character... MAKE SURE YOU LEVEL TO 120 BEFORE USING ANY OF THE TOMES. If you don't you will lose virtue experience because for some insanely stupid reason virtues won't level past a certain rank if you aren't at max level. So take your character from 105 to 120 in a few days and only then make sure you have the virtues you want slotted, then use a high end virtue tome to get a feel of how many levels it gives you. Do the math and see how many more it might take, if it looks like you might waste one because you're only going to use 30-40k of the 70k it provides, then start using the lower end tomes. Hope this helped.

PS if you used a AoV before the recent updates you don't automatically get those tomes sent to you and I think that's complete bull ####... If you change something to have THAT BIG of an upgrade later on then a complimentary package should also be given to past purchasers IMO.

Thanks for the answers - I can see the logic in both.

The reason I was thinking of this is that I am not too concerned about maxing all 21 virtues, just maybe seven or eight on each. Also, I changed my mind too many times one the captain about which ones to use, and have been left with too little tactical mitigation, so having levelled house a few already I want to fill up more tanky ones. I could probably jus go back and do loads of deeds, but I have done soooo many already and don’t know if I have the patience when I already have so much ohh tv er stuff I want to do.

I was thinking I would split the times between the two characters and use some on each. However, you have made it very clear that this won’t be possible - thank you for the clarification. Looks like it will be nose back to the grindstone after all...

There is talk of allowing level 120 chars to use the new valar 120 item. Not that we actually know what's in this new item.

It's a sad day when a level boost item can buy your way out of your poor decisions or laziness throughout the levelling process these days. Trash all those who actually progressed their characters in the traditional MMORPG way.

They will literally sell their Grandmother to make a sale. Granny in a rocking chair housing item TBD.
    If your intellect can't fathom my reasoning it's me who's unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by master3g View Post
    Yes the Virtue XP tomes are BOUND to that character only unfortunately. Which makes absolutely no sense to me as you will have 1-2 tomes left after maxing ur main 5 virtues.
    Far as I recall, Morgul will extend virtue caps to 65. So hold on to those tomes...