We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    127

    Lightbulb Pls nerf festival event rewards (BiS pocket + golden essences)

    Pls fix this, the thrang pocket will stay Best In Slot for pretty much every level cap. Please make pockets stronger or nerf the thrang pocket. It's a bit ridiculously overpowered atm.
    Huge amount of vitality + 2 slots + huge amount of tmit + physmit + LoE + reflect is a bit overkill same goes for the bell. Also please don't make golden essences festival only. Please don't even make golden essences drop on festival events. It makes the content too easy way too quickly and the game just turns into a golden essence spam for raiding.
    Or make them really char bound completely so every character can only get 1 every event. I don't want people running around with 20 golden essences in the first month of minas morgul.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Pls fix this, the thrang pocket will stay Best In Slot for pretty much every level cap. Please make pockets stronger or nerf the thrang pocket. It's a bit ridiculously overpowered atm.
    Huge amount of vitality + 2 slots + huge amount of tmit + physmit + LoE + reflect is a bit overkill same goes for the bell. Also please don't make golden essences festival only. Please don't even make golden essences drop on festival events. It makes the content too easy way too quickly and the game just turns into a golden essence spam for raiding.
    Or make them really char bound completely so every character can only get 1 every event. I don't want people running around with 20 golden essences in the first month of minas morgul.
    How many gold essences you have right now?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    How many gold essences you have right now?


    That doesn't matter, what matters is that a limited time event like a festival with extremely easy faceroll content gives you the BiS pocket and BiS essences (which you can't even craft in 120). A FESTIVAL with soloable content gives better loot than t3 raiding. That's not right.

  4. #4
    I have good news for you. The pocket item will be obsolete in a month.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    I have good news for you. The pocket item will be obsolete in a month.


    It completely depends on how big the stat change is. The 115 thrang pocket was stll BiS in 120.
    And once thrang happens during minas morgul have fun with your free new overpowered pocket better than the t3 raid/ t5 6man pocket

    Also don't forget the golden essence spam with storvagun again before raid drops

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,588
    There are otrher golden pockets as well in the game.
    dropping in tg t3+ and anvil t3.
    Buth for thrang ones they should only drop in t2. For this redicoulus easy t1 content they´re indeed to strong. Not that t2 is much harder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    That doesn't matter, what matters is that a limited time event like a festival with extremely easy faceroll content gives you the BiS pocket and BiS essences (which you can't even craft in 120). A FESTIVAL with soloable content gives better loot than t3 raiding. That's not right.
    It's matter, because if you have a lot of them, you know how much time and effort people put to gather them. And if you don't have them, you just act like jealous kid. T2 Thrang not looks like extremely easy faceroll content, and T3 skrimish too. And Storvagun never works like soloable content.

  8. #8
    +1 for this.Just because its timed event.Rewards could be tuned to content difficulty and I would care if they were good better than some "classic" 3/6 man drops but to be BiS across multiple updates while being timed event is just BS.Same for skirmish one.But all irelevent in a month essence wise i supose,so lets see if they will make same mistake.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    96
    I'm guessing you have 1 or more of the pocket items, I have none on a capped toon, haven't been lucky enough to get one. Sooooo, no to a nurf of any kind. I want my toy first!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Formenos
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Pls fix this, the thrang pocket will stay Best In Slot for pretty much every level cap. Please make pockets stronger or nerf the thrang pocket. It's a bit ridiculously overpowered atm.Huge amount of vitality + 2 slots + huge amount of tmit + physmit + LoE + reflect is a bit overkill same goes for the bell. Also please don't make golden essences festival only. Please don't even make golden essences drop on festival events. It makes the content too easy way too quickly and the game just turns into a golden essence spam for raiding. Or make them really char bound completely so every character can only get 1 every event. I don't want people running around with 20 golden essences in the first month of minas morgul.
    Have you considered the abysmal drop rate as well? I did Thrang last summer on my Hunter over 20 times and now on Guardian, it never dropped. Why would you bother how other run or have equipped? One of the common mistakes of modern generation,Does it bother you so much if somebody has a shiny pocket uber item, focus on yourself and story.I agree generally best possible items should not be available from Festival instances,too late now, it was said last year, nothing has be done. Accept and move on.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    Have you considered the abysmal drop rate as well? I did Thrang last summer on my Hunter over 20 times and now on Guardian, it never dropped. Why would you bother how other run or have equipped? One of the common mistakes of modern generation,Does it bother you so much if somebody has a shiny pocket uber item, focus on yourself and story.I agree generally best possible items should not be available from Festival instances,too late now, it was said last year, nothing has be done. Accept and move on.
    It's more like "I don't get any item, so please SSG remove that from drops or nerf it, so no one can't get it too".

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Albany New York
    Posts
    1,112
    I don't have it and am not interested in getting it. If I can't get something on my own, then I don't get it.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    I don't have it and am not interested in getting it. If I can't get something on my own, then I don't get it.
    Huge amount of content in MMO can't be gained in solo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    It's matter, because if you have a lot of them, you know how much time and effort people put to gather them. And if you don't have them, you just act like jealous kid. T2 Thrang not looks like extremely easy faceroll content, and T3 skrimish too. And Storvagun never works like soloable content.
    Okay you wanna know? I got 26 golden essences and 4 bells + 5 lashes so far spread through alts. And no it's not hard to get. T2 thrang is an easy 2 minute fight if you know the mechanics. T3 skirms can be solo'd with ease no problem. Storvagun can be solo'd by some classes but yeah that one requires atleast 2-3 people minimum for a good run

    It's not hard work at all. Anvil t3 is harder yet it drops a worse pocket than a 2minute instance. 1 minute on t1

    I would rather do 30 1 minute thrangs and get the BiS pocket in the game than do a 1 hour t3 anvil and get a horrible pocket that only has 2 slots and no stats at all.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Constantly in Motion
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Pls fix this, the thrang pocket will stay Best In Slot for pretty much every level cap. Please make pockets stronger or nerf the thrang pocket. It's a bit ridiculously overpowered atm.
    Huge amount of vitality + 2 slots + huge amount of tmit + physmit + LoE + reflect is a bit overkill same goes for the bell. Also please don't make golden essences festival only. Please don't even make golden essences drop on festival events. It makes the content too easy way too quickly and the game just turns into a golden essence spam for raiding.
    Or make them really char bound completely so every character can only get 1 every event. I don't want people running around with 20 golden essences in the first month of minas morgul.
    Makes no difference to me. Years of festivals and I have never gotten either item from the festivals! (And yes I've done the content hehe.) No spiffy Pocket Item of the LotRO Gods, no killer Golden Essences of Invincibility. Whatever the 'special' drop is during an event...you can bet I have never and more than likely will never get it. I look at it as a rare accomplishment

    So keep dropping it, make it easier, make it harder, heck hand it out in Hobbiton and I bet I'll still not see one So if it makes some people too powerful, be assured, one of those people making you feel inferior or irritated will NOT BE ME!! :-) Go go fellow Dropless Luckless Middle Earth Travelers! We are strong in our mediocrity

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Okay you wanna know? I got 26 golden essences and 4 bells + 5 lashes so far spread through alts. And no it's not hard to get. T2 thrang is an easy 2 minute fight if you know the mechanics. T3 skirms can be solo'd with ease no problem. Storvagun can be solo'd by some classes but yeah that one requires atleast 2-3 people minimum for a good run

    It's not hard work at all. Anvil t3 is harder yet it drops a worse pocket than a 2minute instance. 1 minute on t1

    I would rather do 30 1 minute thrangs and get the BiS pocket in the game than do a 1 hour t3 anvil and get a horrible pocket that only has 2 slots and no stats at all.
    If you spend so much time for them, you must know what not everyone can complete that such easy as you. And even if you can kill thrang every day, you still can never get any pocket. Of course if you have 26 essences Storvagun looks like easy target, but you need to get them in first place. And again, your words looks like "I have them, now remove that drops and don't allow everyone else get that items"

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    81
    I can really agreee.. It's ok for them to be maybe stronger for expample... T4 crafted essences give 12k mastery, gold one give 13k mastery not 17K mastery... thats just too much...
    Azmah / Guardian / lvl 130 /// Artiyail / Hunter / lvl 120 / rank 7 //// Artyrune / Rune-keeper / lvl 130
    Kawaiida / Minstrel / lvl 130 //// Nimfiell / Lore-Master / lvl 130
    The Kinship: Get rich or die grinding

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,959
    I've never had any luck in Thrang, so decided to give up on it after the summer runs and I haven't bothered with it during the encore. That said, for those that have earned their pockets and essences - good for you. There is nothing wrong with people earning a reward for running content IMO. Seeing players running around in bells and lashes screams "game playing" which is a very good thing. I'd much rather see that than see players fully kitted out in one click, buy +chance lootbox gear.

    Leave Thrang rewards as they are. Add similar items into other group content. Job done.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    . And again, your words looks like "I have them, now remove that drops and don't allow everyone else get that items"
    That's why i want ssg to not make the same mistake in the future and stop doing it so no one even i myself cannot get the stuff

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    That's why i want ssg to not make the same mistake in the future and stop doing it so no one even i myself cannot get the stuff
    No, you just plain don't want other people to get gear.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,959
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    That's why i want ssg to not make the same mistake in the future and stop doing it so no one even i myself cannot get the stuff
    You do know that if you disagree with these rewards, that you can decide not to participate in that content right?

    I mean, c/mon, you have so much of a beef over it that you raise threads about it twice in 9 months. But only after you've farmed it to death. Bring it up before the event and stay away from the farms, then you'll have a point. Nobody is going to take it seriously when you stand there in your shinies, saying, nobody should have these shinies.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    543

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    You do know that if you disagree with these rewards, that you can decide not to participate in that content right?

    I mean, c/mon, you have so much of a beef over it that you raise threads about it twice in 9 months. But only after you've farmed it to death. Bring it up before the event and stay away from the farms, then you'll have a point. Nobody is going to take it seriously when you stand there in your shinies, saying, nobody should have these shinies.
    +1, I completely agree.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 120~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

  23. #23
    So: yes, it's a timed event so if you don't get a bell or lash during festival or encore, you won't be able to get it again. But it's not a spammable instance. Sure, if you have 30 lvl caps you can run it 30 times a day and improve your chances at getting one in one toon. But not all players are so blessed. In Ithil I've only 2 lvl caps, and at 2 runs a day during the encore only 1 person in my kin got the bell. No one saw the lash. And we did beat t2 even, tho the rate clearly doesnt improve from t1, so why try? A 14k DOT every 3 secs on toons that are lvl 75 for the t2 Thrang... I may suck but I don't consider it faceroll, we succeeded and all 6 of us alive.

    If people weren't so jealous about the loot, maybe we could all have more fun and not end up in complicated systems like weekly locks that discourage ppl from raiding coz you won't be able to even enter again to help others (aka ToO) to favored chest openings that also hinder the fun of getting a reward (but at least you can still help out kinnies).

    Drop rates are all screwed up, but not all of us get to farm instances till senseless to get something.
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil

    Laergwend (Mini) - Back on the shelf again, with all my alts - Gladden

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    768
    100% agree.. Better spread BIS items inside the T5 instances than limited time festival stuff.. Its stupid.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    415
    I support the premise of this thread insofar as there should not be an item that is far and away best in slot due to the fact that it has stats no other item in that slot has (which in turn is due to most items having auto-allocated stats, so all being the same but more for higher item levels), which is only available as a very rare drop from a time-limited instance. This is only referring to the Thrang pocket items, the Storvagun essences which only have SLIGHTLYHIGHERSTATS™ I don't care about. If you could get a guaranteed bell or lash fragment of the appropriate level by completing the instance X number of times on tier 2 (with it remaining a possible rare drop on tier 1), if the instances were available year-round or if an item that was itemized similarly but had slightly lower stats was available elsewhere, then it would be fine.

    I am not going to bother responding to arguments that I am just jealous or that I desperately need this item to be able to complete the ever so hard content currently in-game, except to say I am not and do not. Believe me or don't. I simply feel that if we can have decent stats on a seasonal pocket item, it would only be fair to have something similar available on something year-round, rather than making the time-limited one best in slot until the next year's festival releases with a higher stat version. Gating it by both limited availability and drop rarity without offering a decent alternative is not something I support.
    Saelraen Feywind, Third Worst Champion on Landroval
    Dead and buried, gone and forgotten. Mostly.
    Sunshine and rainbows and death! Yay!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload