We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is the current state of captain healing?

A simple question?

But i cant find an answer anywhere..
    Can they mainheal 5 man groups in dungeons?
    And at what level does their healing acceptable numbers?

Bad, as always since Helm's Deep expansion. The last patch increased healing numbers and some payers find Captain healing "op" now, but what's the point in all hots and aoe healing if Captain can't keep the tank alive? Zero single target healing, even worse: our only single target heal was turned in to heal over time. Zero saves, bad personal survivability.

Captain can heal 3 and 6 man, but it's rather tank and group achievment then his. There is no way an average/non-raid geared Captain can heal an average/non-raid geared tank, or group. It will be a wipe after the first spike on the tank, or big aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    Bad, as always since Helm's Deep expansion. The last patch increased healing numbers and some payers find Captain healing "op" now, but what's the point in all hots and aoe healing if Captain can't keep the tank alive? Zero single target healing, even worse: our only single target heal was turned in to heal over time. Zero saves, bad personal survivability.

Captain can heal 3 and 6 man, but it's rather tank and group achievment then his. There is no way an average/non-raid geared Captain can heal an average/non-raid geared tank, or group. It will be a wipe after the first spike on the tank, or big aoe.
    I disagree. Yes I am raid geared... but I'm healing all the content atm and I can keep tanks alive. I'd say Captain healing is pretty viable atm.

I am just really hoping SSG doesnt screw up the scaling again when new level cap comes.
    Aernur - Captain Main, Inaethir - Lore-master, Inathir - Rune-keeper, Aerdar- Hunter, Phatso - Burglar, Phatsam- Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Earid View Post
    I disagree. Yes I am raid geared... but I'm healing all the content atm and I can keep tanks alive. I'd say Captain healing is pretty viable atm.

I am just really hoping SSG doesnt screw up the scaling again when new level cap comes.

I guess there is a huge difference between a max level raid geared captain, and a mid 20’s captain geared with Skirmish gear trying to heal in the greater barrows?

Maybe the question should have been, how is healing during leveling up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Bachus View Post
    I guess there is a huge difference between a max level raid geared captain, and a mid 20’s captain geared with Skirmish gear trying to heal in the greater barrows?

Maybe the question should have been, how is healing during leveling up?
    At the max level it's more about the rest of the group then the captain himself. How good are they geared? How much dps can they do? A red captain can "heal" a raid geared group as well as a blue one, even a yellow captain can tank and "heal" fine at the same time under certain circumstances. Some groups don't even need a dedicated healer in thier setup.

As for leveling, Blue Captain is actually more or less fine as a healer for the group content untill HD expansion where his perfomance starts to decline rapidly and becomes obsolite around Mordor.
    But in any case, even with the best possible gear and all the shiny stuff, Captain is nowhere near RK, Beorning, or gods forbid Minstrel as a healer.
    Last edited by Arabani; Oct 10 2019 at 05:28 PM.