We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Soloing fun

Soloing fun

A simple question before starting on my journey

What makes minstrells “ Fun” to solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Bachus View Post
    A simple question before starting on my journey

What makes minstrells “ Fun” to solo?
    Constant damage on the run. Can move from target to target really easily.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Constant damage on the run. Can move from target to target really easily.
    But i cant stand still? I need to keep moving? Even with low end mobs standing still gets you killed?

Somehow makes me wish yellow was kind of a mellee based thing, but it isn’t. And probably for good ressons i don’t understand yet..

To me personally, mellee type healers are most fun, but so far, the minstrel iis not a mellee class, the captain is only half capable as a healer and i just hate bears..

However, i can see how quickly jumping from mob to mob while moving around is huge fun.. and how standing still for healing, being quite fragile is a ballancing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Bachus View Post
    But i cant stand still? I need to keep moving? Even with low end mobs standing still gets you killed?
    By on the run I meant speed. You can stand still and kill stuff, sure. But I am talking about killing things while running to the next target. The benefit of minstrels in red line is their range. You can kill things before they get to you but still be constantly running to the next target.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Minstrels must stand still to use most of their healing skills but can use their dps skills either standing still or while moving.

In some ways minstrels are similar to hunters, they do their best damage from a distance. If you kill the mob before it's close enough to hit you, you don't take damage.
    Another similarity with hunters is that minstrel dps skills are mostly single target. There are some minstrel AOE dps skills, but not many, and those AOE skills have a fairly short range. Be careful trying to fight multiple mobs at the same time as a minstrel. It can be done, but it definitely has limits.

Are minstrels fun? It depends. They're a very shouty class, lots of yelling, so that might put you off. I spent a lot of time playing bards in the Baldur's Gate games before I started playing LOTRO and my mini was my first character here, I wanted to see how similar a LOTRO minstrel would be to a D&D bard (kinda, sorta, but with very distinct differences). These days my guard is my most played toon, my mini is second, and a few more after that.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)