We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Landroval loses a band leader - Hilrond. Memorial Sunday Rocks Concert to be held.

I am sad to announce that Hilrond, the band leader for Classical Gas passed away Sept. 24th. Classical Gas and The Fluffy Unicorns will be having their Sunday Rocks on October 13th at noon server time, Landroval, at the Prancing Pony Stables. This will be a Sunday Rocks Concert memorial to Hilrond. We will be playing the songs he liked so well and we'll reminisce about our dear friend. Please come and join us and share your memories.

Hilrond first created Classical Gas on Nimrodel. He would often play solo outside the prancing pony. The 2nd Sunday of the month he would host Sunday Rocks at the Bree Park across from the jail. He would have regular guest bands, including The Lil Peeps (now The Displaced), Thunderstruck, and eventually The Fluffy Unicorns. Hilrond and Classical Gas moved to Landroval with the server merge. Sunday Rocks was moved to the Prancing Pony Stables.

Submitted, respectfully,
    Hannariel - Band leader - The Fluffy Unicorns
    Last edited by Hannariel; Oct 11 2019 at 06:51 PM.

I am sorry to hear of Landroval's loss. I've attended memorials on other servers and they are always quite moving. I'm sure yours will be too. Best to you and all who knew Hilrond and his music.

Best wishes.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

For me, anyone who plays music in lotro is someone who brings just a little extra light into these dark times.
    Hilrond didn't just hold a torch, he was a bonfire.
    And while that light may have faded, those whom he touched now carry their own lights a little brighter, and Middle-earth as a whole is not quite so dark because of that.

Thank you, Hilrond.
    Luventhariel and Appletart of Second Breakfast, Crickhollow
    https://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luventhariel View Post
    For me, anyone who plays music in lotro is someone who brings just a little extra light into these dark times.
    Hilrond didn't just hold a torch, he was a bonfire.
    And while that light may have faded, those whom he touched now carry their own lights a little brighter, and Middle-earth as a whole is not quite so dark because of that.

Thank you, Hilrond.
    Luventhariel, I couldn't have said it better.

Thank you.
    Hannariel

Sad to hear this.

I remember many a year when I stopped near the Bree Park while he was playing his really exquisite arrangements. We even chatted about the songs every now and then.

And now he has passed. Time will get everyone in the end, but it is still sad. If there is a great beyond, I hope he found a cosy place where he can continue to make even more music.

Polymachos, with his character Alexophor, the hunter
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has