We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

High elf captain

Does a high elf captain feel less cluncky then the elf captain due to better annimations?

Somehow the captain gameplay on my elf never feeled natural to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Bachus View Post
    Does a high elf captain feel less cluncky then the elf captain due to better annimations?

Somehow the captain gameplay on my elf never feeled natural to me..
    "Normal" elves cannot be captains, do you mean man?

Quote Originally Posted by mkcraft27 View Post
    "Normal" elves cannot be captains, do you mean man?
    Yes, somehow made a typo...

Yes, somehow made a typo...
    there's not really a difference, most skills are quite fast now, only one I can see being cut in it's animation is Blade of Elendil.

also:
    dont valar a captain.
    WhiteGoliath

Please leave me in my eternal slumber

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    there's not really a difference, most skills are quite fast now, only one I can see being cut in it's animation is Blade of Elendil.

also:
    dont valar a captain.
    I have played both now to around 20, and the high elf feels just a little more fluent to me, well spent store points i guess

Valar is not an option for me, unless you know a class allready indide out. I need the leveling process to get a good indepth understanding of a class, no matter what class, no matter what game. Things lije Valar make up for most of the badly played roles.

I have played both now to around 20, and the high elf feels just a little more fluent to me, well spent store points i guess

Valar is not an option for me, unless you know a class allready indide out. I need the leveling process to get a good indepth understanding of a class, no matter what class, no matter what game. Things lije Valar make up for most of the badly played roles.
    I think High Elf is a little quicker. I don't think it's my imagination. It's almost like there is an attack duration improvement. I do have a level 120 Man Captain and a level 120 High Elf captain to compare rather accurately. Stats aren't that different on each. I had actually considered using a -% attack duration relic on the High Elf at 120 as I leveled. But, I didn't find it necessary.

The other thing is that Routing Cry is going to give you the -attack duration buff for a very long time and it's a light damage cry which is more beneficial on a High Elf due to race traits. The strange thing is that you can sometimes outpace your cooldowns on High Elf. I've never had that issue on the Man captain, so maybe it is faster.

gratz! thats the right thing to do!
    i often found fellowships where people dont know basics!
    especially in big battles there are people that dont know about ranks, they havent spend a point of the earned and they dont know how to do it!
    ofc i m talking about lvl 120
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar