We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    This is automatically happen.
    There are two in the instance two will slay the foes, so it's halfed.
    And so on.
    Yes, but unless they are in a fellowship, only one will get the credit for the kill.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

And so on.
    Occasionally, people can arrive together and more or less run parallel. But more often than not, people are spread out. And are nowhere close to each other.

Not to mention a setup like that easily invites griefing. Park 4-5 toons in a safe spot and laugh at people trying do their dailies vs triple-tough mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Yes, but unless they are in a fellowship, only one will get the credit for the kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Occasionally, people can arrive together and more or less run parallel. But more often than not, people are spread out. And are nowhere close to each other.

Not to mention a setup like that easily invites griefing. Park 4-5 toons in a safe spot and laugh at people trying do their dailies vs triple-tough mobs.
    For this the higher defense of the foes to increase the chance to be able to hit on the foes too. To get the kill.
    You may get spread and have to fight alone but at the beginning in my suggestion only the defense would ne raised.
    So no increased difficulty only longer fights that late comers can land a hit.

Increasing defense does increase difficulty. Prolongs fight and increases chance you will run out of morale.

For this the higher defense of the foes to increase the chance to be able to hit on the foes too. To get the kill.
    You may get spread and have to fight alone but at the beginning in my suggestion only the defense would ne raised.
    So no increased difficulty only longer fights that late comers can land a hit.
    Thereby prolonging the grind.

Are you really having so much difficulty in these instances? I fail to see why. They are easy to solo unless you're in really bad gear, and even then, they're not hard - just long. If they are busy, just hang back or go in the other direction. If they are swamped in both directions, leave and go into another then come back to the busy one when the crowds have left - they have no time limits. Or take a bit of your own advice about what MMO's are all about, and group up with the people in there - job done. The gear available at Vales barter is of very little interest to you, because you raid, and have access to raid gear, so you're only doing these dailies for the ember/VXP, so, it's twice a week, or three times a week if you're punting for the 500 embers on a Sunday. I only run them twice a week, because, the gear I need to grind is in Skarhald at the raid barter. Players that do not raid are grinding these every day - for their gear, so please, stop trying to turn that content into the play style you prefer, just for your additional, non gear spoils. If you prefer something with a bit more meat on the bones, run Anvil t1 as your additional easier content - you'll get more embers out of drops in there than you will from a Sunday Vales hand in.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Thereby prolonging the grind.

Are you really having so much difficulty in these instances? I fail to see why. They are easy to solo unless you're in really bad gear, and even then, they're not hard - just long. If they are busy, just hang back or go in the other direction. If they are swamped in both directions, leave and go into another then come back to the busy one when the crowds have left - they have no time limits. Or take a bit of your own advice about what MMO's are all about, and group up with the people in there - job done. The gear available at Vales barter is of very little interest to you, because you raid, and have access to raid gear, so you're only doing these dailies for the ember/VXP, so, it's twice a week, or three times a week if you're punting for the 500 embers on a Sunday. I only run them twice a week, because, the gear I need to grind is in Skarhald at the raid barter. Players that do not raid are grinding these every day - for their gear, so please, stop trying to turn that content into the play style you prefer, just for your additional, non gear spoils. If you prefer something with a bit more meat on the bones, run Anvil t1 as your additional easier content - you'll get more embers out of drops in there than you will from a Sunday Vales hand in.
    As I said already, the time I need is increased from 5 minutes to 20minutes in overrunmed times.
    This is 45 minutes I need more per char.
    And I group up if I see someone or someone invites me, to get the kills but everything in me is against this.
    If it is for embers I wouldn't run them but I need vxp not all virtues are maxed and we don't know which we will need the next update.

As I said already, the time I need is increased from 5 minutes to 20minutes in overrunmed times.
    And I group up if I see someone or someone invites me, to get the kills but everything in me is against this.
    If it is for embers I wouldn't run them but I need vxp not all virtues are maxed and we don't know which we will need the next update.
    The way I understand you:
    Landscape is faceroll therefore I need to gear up concerning every system to be able to faceroll next landscape. No time to get up to speed while levelling/deeding in the new update. These instances seem to be fine for most players and you don't have to run them if they irritate you.
    I like running into other people and help or be helped. After all this is an MMO. I used to do even easy landscape with a friend because it is fun to just do it without needing them. Fellowship instances on the other hand are way to stressful and private instances especially solo can be overtuned depending on class/itemlevel/ILI level or just not reacting fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    The way I understand you:
    Landscape is faceroll therefore I need to gear up concerning every system to be able to faceroll next landscape. No time to get up to speed while levelling/deeding in the new update. These instances seem to be fine for most players and you don't have to run them if they irritate you.
    I like running into other people and help or be helped. After all this is an MMO. I used to do even easy landscape with a friend because it is fun to just do it without needing them. Fellowship instances on the other hand are way to stressful and private instances especially solo can be overtuned depending on class/itemlevel/ILI level or just not reacting fast enough.
    It's something different to do landscape or such things together with a friend while chatting on ts.
    And helping or get help is OK too.
    But it's a pain that you've to search your kills cause somebody else is always one step in front of you.
    As I said the time you need for this imstanve is up to 4 times longer between have it for yourself and others in it with you.
    They must minimum reduce the respawn time to 10s. So everyone can get his kills fast.

I'm going to take a bet that extra time doesn't happen all that often for a player only running the vales dailies twice a week for the VXP hand in. I run these dailies zero times on my main, because she already has all her virtues complete. Other alts run them twice a week for VXP. Now and again, I find them running around looking for respawns, but not that often and I don't think it's ever added 15 minutes on the time for me - not ever. I also found, its far more productive to stay in one spot, rather than go looking. For something I only do twice a week, it's really not an issue.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I agree with the OP - I'd very much like to see public dungeons become private fellowship instances - places like the barrow downs and Sarnur. I'd also like to see this for endgame dailies. I don't like chasing others around when they start just ahead and wipe the spawn and create lag.

I do like that the newest dailies aren't limited by number of players in a fellowship - meaning I can go in with a fellowship greater than 2. But I would prefer that the daily was also private instanced.

What I would like to see, is shared loot and kills even if someone isn't in your fellowship. If you're in range of a kill, you share loot. The loot is already multiplied, not actually shared anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SotaMursu View Post
    What I would like to see, is shared loot and kills even if someone isn't in your fellowship. If you're in range of a kill, you share loot. The loot is already multiplied, not actually shared anyways.
    the loot doesn´t matter thsi few silvers.
    what matters is the count of the kill.
    And jsut being int he range for this xount would be mad, this would be lead to watch and collect while the otherone fights and get the kill.
    What we need is either higher defense on the foes so the fights will be longer so the chance to join the fight increeses or a higher respawnrate that we don´t have so long to wait until we can get the kill.
    e.g. the respawnrate of the two wargbrothers in the left instance is fine. so should be all.

Lightbulb

the loot doesn´t matter thsi few silvers.
    what matters is the count of the kill.
    And jsut being int he range for this xount would be mad, this would be lead to watch and collect while the otherone fights and get the kill.
    What we need is either higher defense on the foes so the fights will be longer so the chance to join the fight increeses or a higher respawnrate that we don´t have so long to wait until we can get the kill.
    e.g. the respawnrate of the two wargbrothers in the left instance is fine. so should be all.
    While that might be fine for You and me and we just kill them over again without much issue, to some they would be swamped quickly and overwhelmed. Just because something is easy to You, me, Mr X, Mrs Y, does not mean it's easy to all. I often have to kill the brothers twice as they respawn so fast that while I do a cage or sheep they are back again. Sure np for me, but still. In some places You are swamped with 3-4 wargs at a time, maybe even 1-2 orcs and then if lower dps You would never get out of that spot as the first You killed keep respawning while You haven't even killed all the last yet. I have even seen some players get defeated in there. Yes, it happens and they should not get ridiculed for it. We are simply all different.

And so on.
    Dude, get real.
    These players won't always be on the same ground as the others.

But I'll play along with your game.
    6 players and make the mobs 6 times harder.
    Have 1 at the start and have the other 5 at the other side of the instance.
    You have just made the job 6 times harder for the singled player at the start.

That alone is raising the difficulty of the instance because you want to raise the difficulty of the mobs.

Do you understand now or are you going to take us through another couple text circles and contradict yourself when you are proven wrong yet again?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3