We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    For being mean ed as group content they need to become much much more difficult.
    They're even for solo far to easy.
    They are fine as they are. They are . . . landscape content in a closed environment and the reward is a handful of landscape tokens. They become easier, the better your gear and numbers of players around you, just like open landscape does.

They are not meant to be group content in the context that you are suggesting - that's what the group instances are for.

The public instance system is fine, it's just some players that make it a negative experience for others. We get used to seeing them over time, and remember names - then we can choose to move in the opposite direction to them inside the public space - and it's sorted.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    They are fine as they are. They are . . . landscape content in a closed environment and the reward is a handful of landscape tokens. They become easier, the better your gear and numbers of players around you, just like open landscape does.

They are not meant to be group content in the context that you are suggesting - that's what the group instances are for.

The public instance system is fine, it's just some players that make it a negative experience for others. We get used to seeing them over time, and remember names - then we can choose to move in the opposite direction to them inside the public space - and it's sorted.
    For my statement you must read the statement I answered. He wanted more group content which they're clearly not to be meant. If they would be meant as group content they would be harder.
    This is all what I said. Maybe with a bit they should be harder anyway cause they're to easy.
    Yeah they're on the level of the landscape and work as landscape. I agree with that.
    Even if I want them to be closed so you can run them private would fasten the instance a lot. No more searching for the kill quest.
    But more important but offtopic for this thread is that the next time we get all (side) quest automatically with joining the instance. This I've to take 5 quest after taking the initial and before the join is bad.

Lightbulb

Just yesterday I did Hultvis daily instances during primetime, early evening CET.

Started with 3 of us going in, soon after ended up with 6 that I just invited as I saw them in there, some left fellowship after 1st instance. Then we did the 2nd, we invited a few. Some new in there and alsa saw one of the previous ones that was in there solo. Invited him/her back into the fellowship. All 3 instnaces done in rapid succesio, no griefing. Sure there were others in there that would not accept and invite, their loss, as well as when we reached 6 we could not invite anymore. If they had been non public way too often I would end up solo or us that know each other maybe be 2-3. Now instead we joined others we did not know and it felt like a social experience in a living world.

Yes there have been times when I see an occasional person run in and tag all and not stay to help and kill. However I'd say that the exception rather than the rule. At least from my excperince. Most are happy to accept a random invite in there and just stay until all done.

Lightbulb

And today again just logged out of game after doing all 3 Hultvis daily instances with no issues and then fixing a few other things before logging out. All in the evening during primetime.

Only 2 of us went in today. In first instance we soon became 3 (1 random person) and we went through it together all 3 of us.

In 2nd one only us 2 there. Saw someone killing some mobs in the chat, but they were probably at the lower level. We had no issues getting all kills we needed etc.

In the 3rd both of us went in again and soon we were 5, by simply inviting random people, then shortly after 6. No issues. There were even another group in thee and still no problem getting kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Just yesterday I did Hultvis daily instances during primetime, early evening CET.

Started with 3 of us going in, soon after ended up with 6 that I just invited as I saw them in there, some left fellowship after 1st instance. Then we did the 2nd, we invited a few. Some new in there and alsa saw one of the previous ones that was in there solo. Invited him/her back into the fellowship. All 3 instnaces done in rapid succesio, no griefing. Sure there were others in there that would not accept and invite, their loss, as well as when we reached 6 we could not invite anymore. If they had been non public way too often I would end up solo or us that know each other maybe be 2-3. Now instead we joined others we did not know and it felt like a social experience in a living world.

Yes there have been times when I see an occasional person run in and tag all and not stay to help and kill. However I'd say that the exception rather than the rule. At least from my excperince. Most are happy to accept a random invite in there and just stay until all done.
    Yeah you can invite, accept an invite or even not. But you shouldn't get punished cause you deny the invite with an empty instance.
    Meanwhile I do it myself invite or accept but with hard felling everything in my is against doing such easy stuff in a group.
    So people as me has two option either they get punished with needing longer to collect the kills or they must do something they don't want to do.
    Best solution would be make all mops in such instances minimum signature and the bosses master. And even then I would prefer to be able to them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    That's been my experience too. Also, with monster tagging being so open, even if you do have a player who is lazily tagging your targets and not helping does it really hurt you in any way? At worst they did a little damage to the enemy you were working on killing anyway.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    That's been my experience too. Also, with monster tagging being so open, even if you do have a player who is lazily tagging your targets and not helping does it really hurt you in any way? At worst they did a little damage to the enemy you were working on killing anyway.
    The problem aren´t those which doesn´t help or do dmg on yur targets.
    The problem are the dead foes so you can´t complete your quest.
    The difference is from 5 minutes in a foefull instance to complete to 20minutes and some bad times even more with searching foes to slay.
    Sometimes there are dozens and more players in this instances and all have to kill this onehit preys.

The problem aren´t those which doesn´t help or do dmg on yur targets.
    The problem are the dead foes so you can´t complete your quest.
    The difference is from 5 minutes in a foefull instance to complete to 20minutes and some bad times even more with searching foes to slay.
    Sometimes there are dozens and more players in this instances and all have to kill this onehit preys.
    You're making the mistake of thinking that all current end game ember content should be designed for the play style you enjoy - again. Think of the private soloable instances as the "alternative" to earning embers, instead of an "additional" way for you to earn them as you would like to earn them.

There are lots of ways to earn embers . . .

The raid - your type of play, play that some others do not enjoy.
    The instances - your type of play, play that some others do not enjoy.
    EM resource instances - solo/duo play, that some may enjoy, but you, do not.
    Vales daily instances - open landscape in a closed space, that you may not enjoy, but some others do.

It's not just about you Mukor - again.

Alternative ways exist so that a wider proportion of the player base can earn embers. Those that do all the content available, take the good with the bad and end up doing some content that they don't enjoy that much. A raider like yourself may decide to do those easy dailies - to boost your ember earning, and a solo, more casual approached player may decide to do those instances, to boost theirs.

The ember content is designed so that all play styles can earn embers. If you "choose" to do all of it, then you're jumping into all play style pools. People that do not like harder content, will stick to the dailies and avoid the raid/instances and they don't try to get raids/instances made easier to fit in with their preferred play style. Those that do not like the easier content, can stick to just the raids/instances - and they should not try to get the dailies made harder to fit with what they want. Those that want to earn off both - choose to do both types of play.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Oct 10 2019 at 02:28 AM.

You're making the mistake of thinking that all current end game ember content should be designed for the play style you enjoy - again. Think of the private soloable instances as the "alternative" to earning embers, instead of an "additional" way for you to earn them as you would like to earn them.

There are lots of ways to earn embers . . .

The raid - your type of play, play that some others do not enjoy.
    The instances - your type of play, play that some others do not enjoy.
    EM resource instances - solo/duo play, that some may enjoy, but you, do not.
    Vales daily instances - open landscape in a closed space, that you may not enjoy, but some others do.

It's not just about you Mukor - again.

Alternative ways exist so that a wider proportion of the player base can earn embers. Those that do all the content available, take the good with the bad and end up doing some content that they don't enjoy that much. A raider like yourself may decide to do those easy dailies - to boost your ember earning, and a solo, more casual approached player may decide to do those instances, to boost theirs.

The ember content is designed so that all play styles can earn embers. If you "choose" to do all of it, then you're jumping into all play style pools. People that do not like harder content, will stick to the dailies and avoid the raid/instances and they don't try to get raids/instances made easier to fit in with their preferred play style. Those that do not like the easier content, can stick to just the raids/instances - and they should not try to get the dailies made harder to fit with what they want. Those that want to earn off both - choose to do both types of play.
    And make the puplux solo, won't hurt anyone. They're so easy everyone can do it and even faster cause you don't have to search your kills
    Make the foes greater/more defense would only make the fights longer so you have a greater chance to touch them before they're killed to get the count too.
    Other solution would be fasten the respawn, 10 s would be a fair call long enough to kill and collect, short enough to wait if you miss the kill.
    It's not about my personal gamestyle it's about the punishment of invested time jsut cause other player killing the targets you need.

And make the puplux solo, won't hurt anyone. They're so easy everyone can do it and even faster cause you don't have to search your kills
    Make the foes greater/more defense would only make the fights longer so you have a greater chance to touch them before they're killed to get the count too.
    Other solution would be fasten the respawn, 10 s would be a fair call long enough to kill and collect, short enough to wait if you miss the kill.
    It's not about my personal gamestyle it's about the punishment of invested time jsut cause other player killing the targets you need.
    I've nothing against them making them solo as - an option. I prefer seeing others around, even if it means I have to wait out some respawns if I've decided that day that I want to run it solo, so solo only, is a big no no from me. Optional though, I'm fine with.

By the way, making them public doesn't' make them easier, it just makes them faster for a group. Making them solo won''t make them any harder either, they will just take a little longer to do, for those players that usually group for them.

I've nothing against them making them solo as - an option. I prefer seeing others around, even if it means I have to wait out some respawns if I've decided that day that I want to run it solo, so solo only, is a big no no from me. Optional though, I'm fine with.

By the way, making them public doesn't' make them easier, it just makes them faster for a group. Making them solo won''t make them any harder either, they will just take a little longer to do, for those players that usually group for them.
    Yeah being public makes it faster if you group up one part can go left the oth right, get the kills fast after that collect things from the cleared side of the part.
    But it slows down much more those which do it solo at least most of the time. The moments the instances are yours a rare.
    And with groups for fast clearing the situation of the soloist is much worse. You run felt hours through this instance until you find the foes to kill.
    Maybe there is a need of a formula for this instances:
    1-3 players let it as it is
    4-6 douple the defensive values of the foes
    6-10 triple the defensive and 1.5 the offensive stats (form here on you can be sure that there is a group min 3men in it)
    11-15 quadruple the defensive and douple the offense
    and so on.
    If one person left the instance and you go down to the next lower size infight foes stay their stats outfight go down. Same if a new person enters.

Yeah being public makes it faster if you group up one part can go left the oth right, get the kills fast after that collect things from the cleared side of the part.
    But it slows down much more those which do it solo at least most of the time. The moments the instances are yours a rare.
    And with groups for fast clearing the situation of the soloist is much worse. You run felt hours through this instance until you find the foes to kill.
    6-10 triple the defensive and 1.5 the offensive stats (form here on you can be sure that there is a group min 3men in it)
    and so on.
    If one person left the instance and you go down to the next lower size infight foes stay their stats outfight go down. Same if a new person enters.
    This is isn't Diablo, don't increase difficulty for others being in zone.

and so on.

I want some of what Mukor is smoking.
    Dude says one thing then contradicts himself numerous times on another thread then is wanting the Diablo treatment on a game that is meant to be for everyone.

No thanks. Depending on class and gear and character development they aren't always so easy. When I first got to the Vales Dailies with my undergeared Captain (especially before the CPT buff patch) it was a tough slog through the enemies and without careful pulls it was a quick defeat.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

I have no idea on what server and at what time Mukor does those, but on Crick at prime time (like 8-9pm EST), I NEVER had a problem. 9 out of 10, by the time I have collected the clickies, I am done with the kill quota. And if not, all I need to do is backtrack to some room I know typically has lots of mobs and maybe wait 10-20 sec if it is REALLY busy. Heck, it often takes 2-3x faster with a bunch of other folks around.

And if I am mopping things up by myself at the bottom of Avabarg, and suddenly without warning every mob goes triple cause a bunch of people just zoned in up top? Thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    I want some of what Mukor is smoking.
    Dude says one thing then contradicts himself numerous times on another thread then is wanting the Diablo treatment on a game that is meant to be for everyone.
    This numbers aren't to high for not top geared chars. All you will need for succeeding is knowledge about the game mechanics and your class.
    And this is something everyone has easely access to.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    I have no idea on what server and at what time Mukor does those, but on Crick at prime time (like 8-9pm EST), I NEVER had a problem. 9 out of 10, by the time I have collected the clickies, I am done with the kill quota. And if not, all I need to do is backtrack to some room I know typically has lots of mobs and maybe wait 10-20 sec if it is REALLY busy. Heck, it often takes 2-3x faster with a bunch of other folks around.

And if I am mopping things up by myself at the bottom of Avabarg, and suddenly without warning every mob goes triple cause a bunch of people just zoned in up top? Thanks but no thanks.
    I said numbers of foes in fight won't change. And if the next has more marale you will see it.
    Furthermore 50% more dmg even on ten foes is not a sudden kill, you only will realize that you get some dmg.

This numbers aren't to high for not top geared chars. All you will need for succeeding is knowledge about the game mechanics and your class.
    And this is something everyone has easely access to.

I said numbers of foes in fight won't change. And if the next has more marale you will see it.
    Furthermore 50% more dmg even on ten foes is not a sudden kill, you only will realize that you get some dmg.
    How about you petition for an OPTIONAL hardmode and those of us not interested can play as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
    How about you petition for an OPTIONAL hardmode and those of us not interested can play as normal.
    Make it optional would lead to two options same as join it as solo or puplic.
    My suggestion was about let it without options with a constant difficulty depending on the numbers of players in the instance.

and so on.
    Why did I know, without any doubt, before I posted my reply to you that you would lead off into a "more difficulty" drive - again.

They're solo landscape dailies Mukor, the challenge is elsewhere - and you know where elsewhere is - so go play it. You've got your harder content, the dailies are for other players - but yeah, you can do them too to boost your embers . . . if you can tolerate it. Solo landscape dailies are just pure grind, nothing more than that, and nor should they be. The grind is already long winded enough.

Why did I know, without any doubt, before I posted my reply to you that you would lead off into a "more difficulty" drive - again.

They're solo landscape dailies Mukor, the challenge is elsewhere - and you know where elsewhere is - so go play it. You've got your harder content, the dailies are for other players - but yeah, you can do them too to boost your embers . . . if you can tolerate it. Solo landscape dailies are just pure grind, nothing more than that, and nor should they be. The grind is already long winded enough.
    It's not about to make them harder. It's about to give the opportunity to get your kills in an overrunned instance.
    The instance won't become more difficult if the foes strenght is a Funktion of the numbers of players within it.

You slay a foe alone. Set this to difficulty 1
    Now you slay this for with two, the difficulty will be 0.5.
    Now douple the strenght of this foe, you will be back at 1 again.
    So nothing.chamged in terms of difficulty.

It's not about to make them harder. It's about to give the opportunity to get your kills in an overrunned instance.
    The instance won't become more difficult if the foes strenght is a Funktion of the numbers of players within it.
    Or you could just do what everyone else does, and has done, since Hytbold. If there are a lot of players around, wait a few mins until they've run way ahead of you and things have started to respawn. Or do what the more casual player does with regards to raiding for embers, and avoid the content that doesn't suit you.

You slay a foe alone. Set this to difficulty 1
    Now you slay this for with two, the difficulty will be 0.5.
    Now douple the strenght of this foe, you will be back at 1 again.
    So nothing.chamged in terms of difficulty.
    Increasing difficulty of mobs is by definition increasing difficulty of the instance.

Increasing difficulty of mobs is by definition increasing difficulty of the instance.
    Nö it's stays on the same level.
    As more people fight as easier it is. It's just a counteract to the reduction of difficulty per player in this instance.
    It's math if you pay 5$ for a meal for one person and 10$ for two but split on you two you stay at 5$/person.
    Same it would be here.

Just because more people in instance doesn't mean they are grouping with you and helping you.

Just because more people in instance doesn't mean they are grouping with you and helping you.
    This is automatically happen.
    There are two in the instance two will slay the foes, so it's halfed.
    And so on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast