We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Start with a minstrel now?

    Hi all!

    I know there are dozens of "is this class good for xy - threads" and here is another one - sorry for that in advance.

    The last years a only played a few hours more or less only to look at the development of the game (and to hear the ingame music ). I call myself as a newbie.

    Somehow I got the wish to start a new game. Unfortunately I do not have lots of time, so I want to concentrate on only one char which is rather easy to learn. I think the possibility to heal AND to do quests without really getting in trouble would be fine. So my choice is the minstrel. I read some topics here in the forum about the class, some mentioned that it is really hard at the moment due to some severe dps - nerfs. I really do not want to reroll on lvl 70 because I´ll find out that my class can´t do any soloing - so here my question: Do you suggest a (more or less-) newbie the minstrel at the moment, mainly for soloing (hopefully some group activities) or should I pick another class?

    Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    30
    Nothing wrong with mini dps or healing for that matter. However you will need 4 LI. 2 for heal, 2 for dps. And that means scrolls, lots of em.
    Mini dps is AOE plus kiting.
    Healing is group plus reactionary.(single target emergency and group heals)

    Mini is awesome, enjoy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    37
    The question i would ask myself, is a minstrell fun soloing?
    Or are the alternatives for healin (beo and rk) more fun?

    You make a point, soloing story line is important as thats where you will spend most time...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    599
    IMHO for newbie RK and Beorning will be harder. Minstrel more easy. RK can deal more damage (if you know how use his skills), but Minstrel have less problems with surviving and more easy to learn. Also you can try LM with blue line. Despite being universal support class, he have a lot of healing spells and your pet do most of job for you. And you still can deal a lot of damage with CC, while minstrel and RK not good in controls.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    IMHO for newbie RK and Beorning will be harder. Minstrel more easy. RK can deal more damage (if you know how use his skills), but Minstrel have less problems with surviving and more easy to learn. Also you can try LM with blue line. Despite being universal support class, he have a lot of healing spells and your pet do most of job for you. And you still can deal a lot of damage with CC, while minstrel and RK not good in controls.
    But then LM is not a good healer ... when looking to solo a healer... being a healer is quite important

    Yellow RK seems to have some CC, maybe even more then minstrell?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Bachus View Post
    But then LM is not a good healer ... when looking to solo a healer... being a healer is quite important

    Yellow RK seems to have some CC, maybe even more then minstrell?
    LM can heal 3-man instances, even T5 Glimmerdeep. He have at least 7 healing skills.

  7. #7
    Minstrel has always been the best healer in the game. And he will remain so simply because the class was initially made with only one, healing, role in mind. Minstrel has the most versatile kit of healing abilities and buffs: single target heals, group heals, heals over time, wards/baubles, damage reduction, several saves, in-combat resurection, incoming healing buff, dps buffs and a few other things.

    Beorning is an "op" healer at the moment, but only because of numbers. And he was mediocre for several years before. Beornig healing kit lacks many things, such as sustained healing and saves.

    RK and Captain were good back in the days, but they have the same issue as Beorning-not enough abilities to cover every situation. Since Helm's Deep and trait trees these two classes fall behind more and more, experiencing only small increase in thier perfomance time to time. Like now, when Captian healing numbers were buffed, but the core issues have not been touched. What's the point in all the sustained aoe healing, if Captain has zero single target healing and saves.

    Lore master is not a healer in the general meaning of the term.

    Being said, Minstrel will always have a place in any group or raid as a healer, Mini has nice dps solo in red line and average survivability, but his dps as a healer is very bad. Beorning has insane survivability right now, good heals and good dps as a healer, but who knows how long it will last.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    Minstrel has always been the best healer in the game. And he will remain so simply because the class was initially made with only one, healing, role in mind. Minstrel has the most versatile kit of healing abilities and buffs: single target heals, group heals, heals over time, wards/baubles, damage reduction, several saves, in-combat resurection, incoming healing buff, dps buffs and a few other things.

    Beorning is an "op" healer at the moment, but only because of numbers. And he was mediocre for several years before. Beornig healing kit lacks many things, such as sustained healing and saves.

    RK and Captain were good back in the days, but they have the same issue as Beorning-not enough abilities to cover every situation. Since Helm's Deep and trait trees these two classes fall behind more and more, experiencing only small increase in thier perfomance time to time. Like now, when Captian healing numbers were buffed, but the core issues have not been touched. What's the point in all the sustained aoe healing, if Captain has zero single target healing and saves.

    Lore master is not a healer in the general meaning of the term.

    Being said, Minstrel will always have a place in any group or raid as a healer, Mini has nice dps solo in red line and average survivability, but his dps as a healer is very bad. Beorning has insane survivability right now, good heals and good dps as a healer, but who knows how long it will last.
    You forget about one thing - topic starter have only few hours to play in year, and want to do quest. It's not like he want build and gear descent healer with maxed stats to go heal raids and T4-T5 instances. He just need newbie class to complete quests and don't die during that. It's not like we discuss about who will be best healer in the game. It's minstrel, no doubts about that. But to be best healer, you need a lot of learning.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload