We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Minas Morgul] Expansion Only Presale

So the suggestion is pretty simple, sell a version of the expansion without the stout axe/character slot included.

Looking at the pricing: $40 is around £32.

Looking at pricing in LOTRO Points: A character slot and race unlock is around 1500 LP, which is a bit under £15.

So nearly half of the cost of the expansion is paying for the stout axe race + character slot. That doesn't really seem proportional.

I believe there are many players that couldn't really care about the new race but just want to experience the new content, without paying for something they will never use.

Gotta agree. First, I'll never play a dwarf and second, 13 character slots (on seven servers) is already feeding the altoholic in me. I did buy the High Elf, and love them, but I also bought the Bourning and never played one. That was a waste.
    "Lead me, follow me, but get out of my way!"

I'm glad someone agrees.

I think SSG runs the risk of making people who just want to buy the new area leave until march, then just forget to come back.

They have almost same price for most of expansion sets. Added race not important - important early access to locations, instances and story

That is the standard price of a basic expansion in LOTRO, I believe, and in several other games played over the years, though in the Battlefield series a map pack was $50. While the basic game is/was usually around $60.00, seems to have changed over the last few years.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

I agree that the race isn't important.

But based on the prices in the LoTRO store, the race and the character slot form a significant proportion of the total $40 cost.

I guess what I'm asking is if SSG is selling this package for only marginally more than the package is likely to cost if each item is bought separately in the store in March, why not sell parts of the package now with real money, for marginally more than each individual part is going to cost in the store?

Quote Originally Posted by Agollas View Post
    I agree that the race isn't important.

But based on the prices in the LoTRO store, the race and the character slot form a significant proportion of the total $40 cost.

I guess what I'm asking is if SSG is selling this package for only marginally more than the package is likely to cost if each item is bought separately in the store in March, why not sell parts of the package now with real money, for marginally more than each individual part is going to cost in the store?
    Blame players who want to have high elves and was disappointed what standart Mordor pack don't have them

I have to disagree. $40 is about the standard price for an MMO expansion.

Standard price for an expansion. You just get race and slot as bonus, if they weren't there it would be same price.

It would be nice, but if you want to have access at launch, you have to pay for the package. Otherwise, wait till March and you can buy just the content.