We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So.......... beta?

I did not do my research on this one, but could it be that this is the first pre-order in years that comes before the first round of beta testing?

Anyway, I'm really curious when the first beta launches. In earlier years I would've guessed tonight, or maybe tomorrow, but nowadays we don't get beta rounds in weekends anymore... That would probably mean that the first round will start on tuesday october 1st, which is no more than 4 weeks before launch. I'm sure thát never happened before. Perhaps this first beta will also be unique in that most things actually work and can be tested properly?

Just thinking out loud, happy to get more content within a few weeks (both excited for this 2nd age / Mordor Besieged initiative and a bit anxious that this will be the first expansion ever without a decent chunk of landscape added), but it would be VERY nice if a heads up could be given for when the first round of beta starts, so that I can quit checking out the forum 20 times a day . Thanks.

One more thought: I know something positive has already been mentioned by a dev on this (I thought it was Severlin himself), but with no less than 8 instances (7x 3-6 man, 1 raid) coming up I really hope SSG will follow up on their efforts to make them playable solo as well! Mostly for experiencing them at your own pace, and hopefully with some difficulty (T2) for gaining some useful things as well. Just as I hope that the 3- and 6-man instances, since we'll get 5 tiers, will have a T1 version which can be done with every combination of players, experienced/skilled/geared or not, as long as some thought goes into dps/heal/tank setup. Would be great for players that love and want to support this game, but do not have the time (anymore) to dive into long and difficult instances day after day.
    Last edited by Bragolos; Sep 26 2019 at 05:09 AM.

No beta this time.
    IT wiil be suprise expansion
    So all of us can enjoy full power od bug side of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Morgahad View Post
    No beta this time.
    IT wiil be suprise expansion
    So all of us can enjoy full power od bug side of the game
    Even when Cordovan say on steam what they will have at least 1 more testing on Bullroar? Ok, may be you work on SSG and know that better

Title of this post is still relevant: now we're looking at less than 4 weeks to launch, and if the non-weekend beta rounds are still the norm than we won't have a beta until next tuesday. Even for an average small region update that would be a very short amount of time, let alone for a full-fledged expansion pack.

In my opinion the whole Bullroarer-thing kind of belongs to the Lotro package that we're paying for (although legally not, of course), so it would be customer-friendly to give at least a heads up to the expected Bullroarer release date and if possible explain the whole idea behind this new short Bullroarer cycle?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragolos View Post
    Title of this post is still relevant: now we're looking at less than 4 weeks to launch, and if the non-weekend beta rounds are still the norm than we won't have a beta until next tuesday. Even for an average small region update that would be a very short amount of time, let alone for a full-fledged expansion pack.

In my opinion the whole Bullroarer-thing kind of belongs to the Lotro package that we're paying for (although legally not, of course), so it would be customer-friendly to give at least a heads up to the expected Bullroarer release date and if possible explain the whole idea behind this new short Bullroarer cycle?

Thanks.
    Think what #### will be that expansion if they need to hide it until the last moment xD
    Or, real relase date is 30 november

Think what #### will be that expansion if they need to hide it until the last moment xD
    Or, real relase date is 30 november
    No reason to flame, there is no bonus to pre purchasing so you lose nothing if you wait until the Bullroarer preview

I for example know that I'll purchase the expansion because I want to play the instances and raid on launch. However which edition I'll choose depends on the quality that I see on Bullroarer

Can't wait for Minas Lootbox.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Can't wait for Minas Lootbox.
    In Shelob's raid you will have 6 bosses, each boss require 1 mithril coin to activate a lever to start the boss. Every wipe resets the lever.
    Shelob's Boss will require you to use embers of enchantment to burn her webs and be able to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    In Shelob's raid you will have 6 bosses, each boss require 1 mithril coin to activate a lever to start the boss. Every wipe resets the lever.
    Shelob's Boss will require you to use embers of enchantment to burn her webs and be able to move.

When you kill Shelob a chest appears, but you can only open it using a black steel key.

If the release date of October 29th holds then this will be the first expansion in 12 years I will not have pre-ordered. Beta testing should have begun a month ago. At this point anything that would be found if and when a Beta is held on BR will be most likely too late for release.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

I hope they give more time to test it out than they did for Mordor, I'd like to avoid another expansion like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvim666 View Post
    I hope they give more time to test it out than they did for Mordor, I'd like to avoid another expansion like that.

More time ? mordor was tested 2 months before relase now we got 3 weeks till relase date

they give 1- 2 test and nothing more

probably 1 day before relase

or will delay till end of november

Did Cord give any information on his stream today?

More time ? mordor was tested 2 months before relase now we got 3 weeks till relase date

they give 1- 2 test and nothing more

probably 1 day before relase

or will delay till end of november
    Could this be the first case in videogames history in which you do beta testing AFTER said expansion has already been released live?

Quote Originally Posted by Bragolos View Post
    Did Cord give any information on his stream today?
    If I remember correctly, on previous week he say what we don't have stream on this friday

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Could this be the first case in videogames history in which you do beta testing AFTER said expansion has already been released live?
    Humanity. Tsk,tsk. There is plenty of time left. The release is scheduled for 29th Ocotber. More than 3 weeks. Its not the first and certainly won't be the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    Humanity. Tsk,tsk. There is plenty of time left. The release is scheduled for 29th Ocotber. More than 3 weeks. Its not the first and certainly won't be the last one.
    Plenty of time.... LMAO I doubt there will be any testing done the week this expansion is supposed to be released. So if they go with October 29th there is not more then 3 weeks. Given the fact that they are releasing instances with this expansion this should have been in beta weeks ago. Actually should have been in beta at least a month already.

Like I said before & will say again, they go with the initial release date, this is gonna be a dumpster fire of an expansion. I am so glad I did not fork out the money for this mess that is coming.

BETA arrives on October 8, 2019. M'lady told me, she is extremely effective in predicting the future. Approximately 17:00 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Plenty of time.... LMAO I doubt there will be any testing done the week this expansion is supposed to be released. So if they go with October 29th there is not more then 3 weeks. Given the fact that they are releasing instances with this expansion this should have been in beta weeks ago. Actually should have been in beta at least a month already.

Like I said before & will say again, they go with the initial release date, this is gonna be a dumpster fire of an expansion. I am so glad I did not fork out the money for this mess that is coming.
    Alright,then Randir.Fare-thee-well with your new virtual world. As if you are developer and knows how time is required. Tsk,Tsk. Yea and what do you think you will achieve by telling us you have not payed for expansion. You have not payed ,right you still do complain about BETA and expansion you never obviously will play, do explain me please, because logic does not quite work here. So why are you there then, Great use of your time. I at least bought Standard edition and I cannot to explore Dreaded lands of Black land once more with my gorgeous Luminous Lady!

Oh, what you really mean is that you want to play the content ahead of everyone else for several weeks to scope out the exploits and cash in for loots during the first few days before they fix the exploits ? Or is it that you want to claim fake title of server 1st (which means nothing now since BR last few years) after wiping the content for weeks ? So, no when this game launched they did not routinely give previews to privileged players, that came about 6 years ago.

It's not like Bullroarer actually improves the content, since people hoard the exploits they find and the devs don't listen to the feedback anyway. Yes, I know some people will say but look I sent them a post with all these errors blah blah-- but other people in your Kin are doing it and somehow the juiciest exploits never ever ever ever ever ever get fixed before launch, and 24 hours later half the people in the raiding kins have these amazing loots and then 24 after that there is a nerf so that the majority of the players cannot get the same benefit. Then t2/t3 comes out and, oh you have to have the exploited items to be able to finish t2 and t3 and get more loots and then the gear gap becomes more wider. Then more and more complaints no you cant have festival events where regular players can get good gear this is not fair to raiders . . . .

====> Bullroarer must be completely eliminated. At least let us have JUST ONE expansion where all players have a fair chance to compete for the same loot on the same basis, instead of these constant handouts of easy loots to exploiters and raiders. If one of these "elite" players had to actually do the t2 content with regular gear as they want the majority of players to do, no they wouldn't be able to do it in 24 hours and they wouldn't be calling for the loot to be nerfed and the content made harder.

====> Stop changing the content after launch. Take as long as you need to get it right before launch, and then leave it alone regardless. Stop changing the loot tables a week after launch, and stop making the content harder after raiders and exploiters have had their fill of easy loots.

For once, just once, could we break this ridiculous cycle of gimme easy loots, but don't give to anyone else.

"but I'm a skillful player and I only want to do the hardest content." LOLOLOL, dude if you were a skillful player you would not be here clamoring for easy loots.

I for one like the chance to see new content before spending money or LP on it. I'm not one to blindly shell out $40 or more. Try before you buy...
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald human captain 119 | Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 130 | Bindore dwarf hunter 112

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 130 | Bufflekil stout-axe hunter 123 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 109

Quote Originally Posted by Theozor View Post
    I for one like the chance to see new content before spending money or LP on it. I'm not one to blindly shell out $40 or more. Try before you buy...
    BETA is coming today, you will see. I have had a dream, M'Lady informed me. Prepare thyself.

If I am wrong, permanent ban from forums I deserve.
    Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Oct 08 2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    BETA is coming today, you will see. I have had a dream, M'Lady informed me. Prepare thyself.

If I am wrong, permanent ban from forums I deserve.
    If you are right, feel good about it. If you are wrong then go on with enjoying your life like the rest of us who make mistakes. No need for a ban or hand wringing.

It seems there won't be beta today too lol. I am expectant of when they're going to release the beta. Maybe the last week before release? *Isengard bids 5*
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

So, it is your last day in forum xD
    Farewell strange living form

No beta no cry
    Beware, the end of game is coming, the time of the Bugs has begun.
    AMG! Tis true then! Forums are beneath me for I am a super genius. Not a single regret. AMG!

Behave or face Limby! Indeed, no BETA today I am leaving! Fare thee well!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast