We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    AMG! Tis true then! Forums are beneath me for I am a super genius. Not a single regret. AMG!

    Behave or face Limby! Indeed, no BETA today I am leaving! Fare thee well!
    Good bye then Limb, have a good life without forum xD

  2. #27
    The silence from SSG on this subject (why is beta release much, much closer to live release than previous expansions) is almost deafening. I can only presume they want to show it off just as much as we'd like to see it, but simply have much more work to do before it's beta ready. Wouldnt hurt to communicate about it a bit more, though.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Bragolos View Post
    The silence from SSG on this subject (why is beta release much, much closer to live release than previous expansions) is almost deafening. I can only presume they want to show it off just as much as we'd like to see it, but simply have much more work to do before it's beta ready. Wouldnt hurt to communicate about it a bit more, though.
    Right now we know what they have update tomorrow to fix another Stout Axe Dwaves problems. Looks like they more focused about fixing already existing content

  4. #29
    A beta phase 3 weeks before release is totally useless since the most work is finished. Its very doubtfully that they will be fix bugs that were found now.

    Personally i dont believe there will be a beta, because theres no reason to do that so shortly before release.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    A beta phase 3 weeks before release is totally useless since the most work is finished. Its very doubtfully that they will be fix bugs that were found now.

    Personally i dont believe there will be a beta, because theres no reason to do that so shortly before release.
    Lord of the Bugs: Minas Bug I am still expectant of a beta, as I read from someone, maybe they aren't releasing beta because transfers are down, who knows. The last beta happened a wednesday at around 7pm (forum hour lol), still 5h to meet that date again.
    Anamura, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Sunnarea, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh

  6. #31
    so... still no info on an beta at all? Well, I guess then I'm not in a hurry to play the new content. If I think of the Beta for Mordor - there were weeks of beta-weekends and still a lot of bug at going live. Now, with only a very very short beta or non at all... my definition of fun is much different. I really was excited to see Minas Morgul, but this can wait.

  7. #32
    I get the concern over the lack of news around beta, but I'm somewhat surprised people seem to think we are 3 weeks from launch. Did people really think Oct 29th was reasonable? I pretty much assumed it would be closer to Nov 30th; figured that was a better expectation. In fact they can delay it all the way until mid-December imo, if it'll help reduce bugs and get more polished content all at once.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel'aran'rhiod View Post
    I get the concern over the lack of news around beta, but I'm somewhat surprised people seem to think we are 3 weeks from launch. Did people really think Oct 29th was reasonable? I pretty much assumed it would be closer to Nov 30th; figured that was a better expectation. In fact they can delay it all the way until mid-December imo, if it'll help reduce bugs and get more polished content all at once.
    I do agree with you that a delay till Nov, 30th is possible because it is written in the conditions of the pre-purchase and mentioned in the FAQs, as follows:

    All other content and items will be delivered on day of launch, October 29th, 2019. In the event of delay, you will receive the expansion content and items no later than November 30th, 2019.

    So, I would assume, like you, that the Oct, 29th deadline may not happen. But a December release would be breaking the terms of pre-purchase.. and a purchase is a contract after all. People would be entitled to a compensation then. Oct-Nov release is more likely, with bugs and all it'd be less trouble for the company.
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

    Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    34
    Hmm. Is there way to cancel presale morgul?

    Just wonder because we paid for presale and if morgul arrives in march 2020 or later there's no sence to psy additional money for Minas buggul

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgahad View Post
    Hmm. Is there way to cancel presale morgul?
    Do you think SSG will allow that happens?


    We can only blame ourselves due to our innocence.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

  11. #36

    Beta

    As far as I know the fact that transfers are down and players cant transfer up too date characters is there any point for ''Real'' testing on a players point of view apart from the tips regarding SoE's and Starlits and quest tips

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by bearmy404 View Post
    As far as I know the fact that transfers are down and players cant transfer up too date characters...
    I think this is why there's no beta yet, cause transfers are down, Yes you can create a level 1 and auto level 120 on beta but have spend time gearing up and doing a lot of work before moving on to test the area, when it would be better to just copy a level 120 character from live and ready to move on an test right away.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  13. #38
    It surprises me, how many people miss the obvious.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    2,696

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    It surprises me, how many people miss the obvious.
    And that is ???

    That the game will shut down ??? That SSG/Daybreak is pulling an SWG and announce an expansion and then shortly after that the servers/game will be shut down ??? Daybreak tell SSG to test the waters of how many would pay this much for an expansion to keep the game afloat and then if the results are not good enough they will announce that this is the end of LoTRO ??? Alot of those rumors floating around at the moment. Might become reality, might not. I'm kind of open for that it can go any way. Not denying it can happen, not saying it 100% surely will. As long as not confirmed by official sources that is all they are rumours. Well founded or unfounded rumours, who knows ??? The problem is that so many has screamed wolf for years, so no one is really listening anymore.

    I agree that this much silence in the past has usually not meant good news, or rather usually when there is a crisis and then Turbine/SSG etc working behind the scenes to try and rescuse the game from shut down. Keep their studio and their jobs. They keep quiet until they have some kind of a solution. One day they might not have any solution anymore and the game will shut down. That is of course inevitable. All online games evenentually ends. The question is only if that is now, or sometime in the future, the near future, or the far away future ???

    Please tell us Your theory then, to see if Your theory becomes reality in a not distant future. I mean since it's so "obvious". Please enlighten us.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Oct 10 2019 at 03:39 AM.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    And that is ???

    That the game will shut down ??? That SSG/Daybreak is pulling an SWG and announce an expansion and then shortly after that the servers/game will be shut down ??? Daybreak tell SSG to test the waters of how many would pay this much for an expansion to keep the game afloat and then if the results are not good enough they will announce that this is the end of LoTRO ??? Alot of those rumors floating around at the moment. Might become reality, might not. I'm kind of open for that it can go any way. Not denying it can happen, not saying it 100% surely will. As long as not confirmed by official sources that is all they are rumours. Well founded or unfounded rumours, who knows ??? The problem is that so many has screamed wolf for years, so no one is really listening anymore.

    I agree that this much silence in the past has usually not meant good news, or rather usually when there is a crisis and then Turbine/SSG etc working behind the scenes to try and rescuse the game from shut down. Keep their studio and their jobs. They keep quiet until they have some kind of a solution. One day they might not have any solution anymore and the game will shut down. That is of course inevitable. All online games evenentually ends. The question is only if that is now, or sometime in the future, the near future, or the far away future ???

    Please tell us Your theory then, to see if Your theory becomes reality in a not distant future. I mean since it's so "obvious". Please enlighten us.
    There are no solutions left , they played all their cards , free to play , turned to faceroll/casual , less servers , steam , pay to win , 'indie' , lootboxes , lost IP exclusivity , Legendary server ( omegalul ) , cashgrabs.
    It's a shame legendary servers were so draft , was prolly the last chance to bring players back.

    They either make this game good again or it shuts down when the other Lotr MMO launches. Till then i doubt it.
    Tolkien too strong.

    Where's the beta btw ? I suspect that this time , even the quests will be unfinished.

    All that said , Minas Morgul is the most breathtaking world building effort ever made in Lotro. Orthanc and the ruined barad dur were nothing compared to it.
    I really want to check the inside in beta , maybe post a bug or 2 for the sake of it , and then wave bye bye again : )

    PS. Something is downloading on the launcher ^^

  16. #41
    Something big like new build?
    Been casual, been farmer, been raider- now farming to be casual raider

    Main- burg Etheliar, and warden- Lilianwyn. Got some alts too eight, or nine.
    Snowy EU

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MerryTheOne View Post
    Something big like new build?
    I got this new download over a week ago while trying to update Bullroarer. Could it really be that a BR Minas Morgul build was already finished over a week ago and the one reason it stays closed is this transfer issue?

    It was something big, that's for sure.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by bearmy404 View Post
    As far as I know the fact that transfers are down and players cant transfer up too date characters is there any point for ''Real'' testing on a players point of view apart from the tips regarding SoE's and Starlits and quest tips
    You can create level 1 character and get enough gear for him in tavern

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    2,696

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    You can create level 1 character and get enough gear for him in tavern
    Yes but all that takes alot of time that instead could be used to acctually test the game and find bugs. Setting a character up from scratch in Tavern takes much longer than copy a LvL cap character over with gear, food, potions, LI's, maps etc and ready to go. With the very limited time the beta is usually up and people having real lives beside playing a game. Anything that saves time is helpful. Especially since finding bugs in time before release is important.

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Yes but all that takes alot of time that instead could be used to acctually test the game and find bugs. Setting a character up from scratch in Tavern takes much longer than copy a LvL cap character over with gear, food, potions, LI's, maps etc and ready to go. With the very limited time the beta is usually up and people having real lives beside playing a game. Anything that saves time is helpful. Especially since finding bugs in time before release is important.
    if minus morgul is really mostly instances as vales is mostly landscape..no beta testing is necessary as instances are finalized up to months after you buy the expansion now and the landscape in vales is all a old material redo in the new area. I did vales once with my cap level beorning and never touched it since.....ITS BORING....lets face it...the discouragement of group play and farming in landscape has made the game BORING...and the new expansion seems headed down the same path.....every week the rules and loot will change when expert players find the shortcuts to more loot then they can possibly anticapte...and bullroar testing will not reveal what we want to keep to ourselves and by expert I mean those pre Mordor players who remember the wastes launch and the first 5 days before they changed the drops and the huge groups that farmed the camp and rode after the scourges.....NOW THAT WAS FUN....my point is bullroar testing of landscape is useless as they will change it many times after launch...so I agree they should just skip the bullroar testing.....I can live with floating staircases
    Last edited by ceasar2001; Oct 10 2019 at 04:35 PM.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Yes but all that takes alot of time that instead could be used to acctually test the game and find bugs. Setting a character up from scratch in Tavern takes much longer than copy a LvL cap character over with gear, food, potions, LI's, maps etc and ready to go. With the very limited time the beta is usually up and people having real lives beside playing a game. Anything that saves time is helpful. Especially since finding bugs in time before release is important.
    Of course it can't be our favorite characters, but right now it's the only way to get Bullroar with Minas Morgul testing if they can't fix transfers before release

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar2001 View Post
    if minus morgul is really mostly instances as vales is mostly landscape..no beta testing is necessary as instances are finalized up to months after you buy the expansion now and the landscape in vales is all a old material redo in the new area. I did vales once with my cap level beorning and never touched it since.....ITS BORING....lets face it...the discouragement of group play and farming in landscape has made the game BORING...and the new expansion seems headed down the same path.....every week the rules and loot will change when expert players find the shortcuts to more loot then they can possibly anticapte...and bullroar testing will not reveal what we want to keep to ourselves
    I honestly do not understand your point.

    However, Vales is not boring to me. Did it 5 times and I enjoyed all of them. Not everything should be about group play, thank you.

    There is no farming in landscape since the early days of Mordor, and while it was no challenge at all I found it rather soothing. Not everything should be tense, thank you.

    Your definition of an "expert" player is insulting to those who know the game and do not search for bugs and shortcuts to complete quests and instances. Besides, not everything should be about loot, thank you.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Of course it can't be our favorite characters, but right now it's the only way to get Bullroar with Minas Morgul testing if they can't fix transfers before release
    They can allow transfers to BR. No reason not to. Anything accumulated/circumvented/over-capped on BR won't go back over to the live servers, so it's not a problem.

    There could be a few reasons why they have not given a beta round yet, but "we can't allow people to transfer over there because they can over-cap currency" is definitely not one of them. Everything earned/accumulated on BR - stays on BR.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    2,696

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    They can allow transfers to BR. No reason not to. Anything accumulated/circumvented/over-capped on BR won't go back over to the live servers, so it's not a problem.

    There could be a few reasons why they have not given a beta round yet, but "we can't allow people to transfer over there because they can over-cap currency" is definitely not one of them. Everything earned/accumulated on BR - stays on BR.
    Well that of course depends a bit on how the data bases are implemented for the transfer system. They can obviously set different values as to "free" service vs "paid" service (as that has been done in the past) but maybe they can no be set to only be active from all servers to one server while not to all the other servers. Maybe the system is either active or non active. Not sure, just saying it is a possibility. On the other hand it can separate between EU flagged servers vs US Servers, so maybe it can, but that could also be a totally different virtual wall in place for that.

    Other than that I agree transfer to BR should not be an issue as far as the "bug" of overcapping goes.

    I'm sure there have been other issues delaying the beta and I'm pretty sure the beta will come along even if a bit later than we had hoped as players. It might even lead to the launch of Minas Morgul being a bit delayed. I personally have no issue with that. I have always said that I rather wait and get a good product/service than stress out a half finished one riddled with bugs. There will be bugs no matter what, but with a delay maybe a few less. I mean if Microsoft can not even get their act together and almost every update to Win10 is riddled with unforeseen bugs that breaks stuff, one of the richest and most powerful corporations in the world with expertise in sofware and even on their own O/S, then of course a small game company will have bugs too. Not saying I think it's ok with a tons of bugs, or trying to defend or make excuses for anyone, just saying that is how it is unfortionetly. If thinking anything else one is living in a pink bubble, he he he !!! Meant in good jest and not as an insult.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Oct 11 2019 at 01:00 PM.

  25. #50
    Cordovan just announced that MM preview on BR starts next week. No more precision than that but we can guess Wednesday if it happens
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

    Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload