We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Disappearing client

After I login to the server selection page and select a server to login to, the game disappears and doesn't come up to select a character to login to. I've tried to login to a few different servers with the same result.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

I just changed back to the 32 bit client from the 64 bit client and got in..
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

See this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675403-Game-launcher-crashing-after-launching-selected-server, for a hint at a possible cause. Running dxwebsetup.exe, or the C++ runtime redistributables, from Microsoft, may help.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    See this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675403-Game-launcher-crashing-after-launching-selected-server, for a hint at a possible cause. Running dxwebsetup.exe, or the C++ runtime redistributables, from Microsoft, may help.
    The issue has nothing to do with our computers it is with the 64 bit client, game was working perfectly last night, They missed something for the 64 bit client in the patch today. I can run on 32 bit client just not 64 bit. I am running windows 10 64 bit, and have had no windows updates in the past month.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by greatmom View Post
    The issue has nothing to do with our computers it is with the 64 bit client, game was working perfectly last night, They missed something for the 64 bit client in the patch today. I can run on 32 bit client just not 64 bit. I am running windows 10 64 bit, and have had no windows updates in the past month.
    The launcher had a small update a couple of hours ago. I don't know what it was*, but it seemed to have something to do with 64-bit. Maybe I'll try returning to 64-bit (after I get a couple of quests finished), and see if that was a fix.

_____
    *Ordinarily, I would've asked my husband who understands computers. But he was out grocery-shopping.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by greatmom View Post
    The issue here is a Microsoft C++ runtime dynamically loaded library that the game client is looking for. That's why running the redistributables work. Game patches do *not* typically affect system files like that. Windows updates, on the other hand, can. And even if they don't there is a thing called the PATH variable. That is a Microsoft system thing that can be changed by updates of various kinds, not just Microsoft updates nor game updates. So when the client looks for a file, it will check *that*, following specific instructions; and if it can't find the file it needs, it will fail to run properly.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I'm having the same problem too on my Mac. Before even allowing me to type in my login info, it says the message: Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)"...

Hope it get's fixed soon.