We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game launcher crashing after launching selected server

After today's patch whenever I reach the server selection screen on the launcher and hit Play the launcher crashes & disappears, no error message. I tried switching servers but always have the same result, launch window disappears & the game doesn't launch. LotRO was working fine for me last night. Whatever SSG did with today's patch screwed this up.

Quote Originally Posted by DaystarWarrior View Post
    After today's patch whenever I reach the server selection screen on the launcher and hit Play the launcher crashes & disappears, no error message. I tried switching servers but always have the same result, launch window disappears & the game doesn't launch. LotRO was working fine for me last night. Whatever SSG did with today's patch screwed this up.
    Since mine works, there is likely more to this story. Are you sure some other update, like a recent Windows 10 one, wasn't done in the interim?

As a test, go to the folder where the client is located. Since you didn't mention which client, I am going to guess lotroclient64.exe. Whether it is 32 or 64 bit, the next part doesn't matter much. Try to launch the client directly. It should fail, though the message should give you a hint about which dll file is missing, if one is missing.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

For those affected, the issue appears to be that the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package is not being installed correctly. You should be able to resolve this issue yourself by running the redistributable through the Microsoft web site here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=13523
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For those affected, the issue appears to be that the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package is not being installed correctly. You should be able to resolve this issue yourself by running the redistributable through the Microsoft web site here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=13523
    oh thank god for that, thought I was the only one effected yesterday. The client kept swapping to 32bit also. Will try this solution.

Unfortunately I cannot get into game anymore. I had to replace my mainboard and reinstall Win 10 x64. I had installed LOTRO via Steam before and could get my Steam games running again without re-downloading them. However I failed to start LOTRO. About one week ago on my old system the game had run fine with 64 bit client. Now after server selection the launcher simply quits to desktop. As it was too late to do some forum search I decided to download the entire game again overnight, but could still not get it running. Then I found this thread and re-installed the vcredist packages, but it does still not work. It doesn't matter if I try to use 32 or 64 bit client. The game does not launch and I am running out of ideas...

Thumbs up Nice

Working again after todays patch!

still not working

I uploaded the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package, and it didn't fix it; then I tried the 86-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package. No dice. So I still can't get into the game.

game crashing issue

I have also faced this issue and after that my game started to crash frequently. One more thing it can be due to heating issue of your phone and if you want to solve this problem you can contact geek squad tech support team, they will surely help you out as they helped me.

Same problem, new system Windows 10 Pro 64 - game installed and updated, says it installed supporting files etc.
    Lets me log in and select server then closes app.
    I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) - that did NOTHING.
    Any ideas would be welcome... Surprised the devs cant get this stable on current gear - yeah I know the game isnt exactly new, but thats what they get paid for.

Having same problem with crashing after c++ file tries to load. Mine goes to a download by standing stone and then both windows just disappear and nothing happens.
    I'm running Win 7 on 32 bit and I noticed that the C++ it keeps trying to load is 64 bit. I tried downloading the C++ x86 file from Microsoft but it keeps getting overwritten by the launcher file. It is not compatible with my system and keeps crashing.
    I tried loading the launcher anew and still no go. The standing stone download pops up so fast that I can't even select any options on the launcher now. before I tried to get a new launcher, I did have options to switch to 64 bit, 32 bit and vista settings, but those are gone now.

Having the same problem.

My hard drive died a few weeks ago, so this is a completely fresh install on a new hard drive. (I run Windows 10 home)

I can start the client, log in and choose a server.

When I click the play button, the app/client displays a “getting in line to connect” message then disappears and the game doesn’t start.

It does this no matter what version I use (64 bit or 32 bit)

I tried repairing the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package and even uninstalling it and reinstalling, neither method has fixed the problem.

I’ve even tried playing other games and none of them display the same problem.

The only thing left for me to try is a complete uninstall of LOTRO and reinstall to make sure the game installed correctly.

Is there anything else I can do to get back into middle earth?

Thank you. That was exactly what I needed to get the game going.]

Installed new on win 10 machine, dx 12 and have same issue as others on startup. Tried the c++ down load and did nothing. As a new player my impression is if you have to jump through all these hoops just to start the game, I can only imagine the problems that will crop up while playing. Looking for a new game as Eve on Line is really irking me (after 14 years of playing. So will continue looking for a new online game...one that has less bugs on start up.

For me, new laptop, windows 10, it was the DirectX download, then a window appeared that asked whether it was ok to run DirectX11. Instant game access after approval.
    Last edited by Happybudgy; Oct 19 2019 at 09:56 PM.
    From f2p to p2p: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization

game crashing issue

I have also faced this issue and it is very annoying while playing a game. I will suggest you visit how to setup Norton website and they are very supportive and will help you out.

McAfee Activate Setup

I think you provide the better information to us you. But I can't understand what are you sharing with us and inform us. Can you please elaborate more this. I am waiting for your response you can also pingback us at Mcafee activate setup

You have nicely elaborated all the details can I post this helpful information at geek squad