We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Minstrel- Yellow Line?

Hi,

I am really interested in trying out the yellow line. I have read that most people supplement Red with some points in yellow. Are there any viable way to build a mostly Yellow with just some in Red line for damage? Any help would be appreciated.

Passionate Yellow Mini here!

Quote Originally Posted by Paxus View Post
    Hi,

I am really interested in trying out the yellow line. I have read that most people supplement Red with some points in yellow. Are there any viable way to build a mostly Yellow with just some in Red line for damage? Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi, fellow bard!

First of all, I'll point out that Yellow is a viable traitline for groups. You can solo in it to practice but red will always be faster if dps is what you look for.
    Yellow will boost your stats and benefit your fellowship (unluckily, the boons aren't raid-wide).

I consider this line as you would a cappy: extreme buffer.
    In yellow, I always spend enough points in red to get Anthem of War. That way you can cast & hold 4 Anthems at the same time + the aura + a bonus from the Coda (this last 2 depending on your stance).
    Running in Melody stance will also allow you to debuff enemies at the same time via your ballads + hold the Inspire Fellows -% inc dmg buff.

I wouldn't go as far as saying you can put out as much dmg as in red line (a lot will depend on your LIs), but you can be a viable toon in 3 mans even.

Let me know if there's anything more specific I can ramble about There is also a Discord group for Minis that I can link for you when I get home if you're interested.
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

Thanks

Laurel,

It would be great if you could point me in the direction of the Discord board. Also, thanks for the help and insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Paxus View Post
    Laurel,

It would be great if you could point me in the direction of the Discord board. Also, thanks for the help and insight!
    Invite here is set not to expire: https://discord.gg/waSPMdy

If you don't find what you look for, just ask away!
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -