We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stuck on Eregion quest "The Worm Keeper"

I am in EREGION, doing the quest, "The Worm Keeper".

In it, you are asked to defeat the ARZGAT worm keeper.

I went there and killed him, and it would not advance the quest.

I killed him again.
    and again
    and again
    and again

Nothing happened. THIS QUEST IS STUCK!!!
    Please help!!! How do I advance on this quest!?

I am level 49. Thank you.

This link https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:The_Worm-keeper mentions a note that you need to collect and bring back to a quest-giver NPC.

Check your inventory to see if the note is there, or maybe you need to specifically loot Arzgat's body after you kill him to get the note. If you cannot collect the note then maybe the quest is bugged.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    This link https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:The_Worm-keeper mentions a note that you need to collect and bring back to a quest-giver NPC.

Check your inventory to see if the note is there, or maybe you need to specifically loot Arzgat's body after you kill him to get the note. If you cannot collect the note then maybe the quest is bugged.

YES, there is a "note" that says to loot his body. When I Kill him, he leaves NO body.

any suggestions?

Can't quite tell from your posts, but you should have a note in your inventory bag placed there automatically when you've killed Arzgat. That's what you go back to the quest giver with. If you haven't already returned to the quest giver after killing him, it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    YES, there is a "note" that says to loot his body. When I Kill him, he leaves NO body.

any suggestions?

I double-checked Inventory. There is nothing in inventory, and no way to search a body. (HE doesn't LEAVE a body!)

I double-checked Inventory. There is nothing in inventory, and no way to search a body. (HE doesn't LEAVE a body!)
    You should loot the paper automatically, not sure if it goes into your inventory. IIRC, there might not be a check mark by the quest when you get it, so maybe go try and turn it in?

In the quest UI, above the quest text, does it show that you picked up a parchment?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Did the very quest on an alt yesterday. When you kill him, a note will ''drop'' in your bags. If your bags are full - in your Pending Loot. You click that note to advance the quest.

I am in EREGION, doing the quest, "The Worm Keeper".

In it, you are asked to defeat the ARZGAT worm keeper.

I went there and killed him, and it would not advance the quest.

I killed him again.
    and again
    and again
    and again

Nothing happened. THIS QUEST IS STUCK!!!
    Please help!!! How do I advance on this quest!?

I am level 49. Thank you.

Exactly as others have said. I have done this on two different characters this week. The note drops as a quest item in your loot, and you have to loot it from there. The “search his body” instruction is misleading and I did exactly the same thing the first time. But it should drop.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

You should automatically get the note when you kill him. It should then appear next to the quest in your Quest Tracker (like one of those emotes for emote quests) and you can click on it there to read it. Reading it should advance the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Exactly as others have said. I have done this on two different characters this week. The note drops as a quest item in your loot, and you have to loot it from there. The “search his body” instruction is misleading and I did exactly the same thing the first time. But it should drop.
    If I remember right, you have to open the note too. I did this by putting the quest in my quest tracker. The note icon shows up next to the quest once you have the note. Click the note icon to open it, and it should move the quest forward.
    Find me as Devalyne on Discord
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    You should automatically get the note when you kill him. It should then appear next to the quest in your Quest Tracker (like one of those emotes for emote quests) and you can click on it there to read it. Reading it should advance the quest.
    OK, thanks for the TIPS everyone! I will have to kill him again, because I didn't have any loot, and didn't get a LETTER or anything that I saw. If I got one, it must have expired. . . Going to try again...

Double-check your Alt-R loot filter. In particular the 'account-wide' section.